OLDTIMES

TeamUGORG

Whatever I like oldtimes a lot, though for me personally smile just edges it, while not quite as strong but mainly because it make me smile, its a great mood lifter.

Wrong thread for my usual trick of putting up a shot of Smile whenever it's mentioned :( But I will vouch for the above......A real mood lifting smoke with a taste to die for. Gorgeously scrummy :P

It would be great to still be able to get Oldtimes when I can afford a pack........All the photos and reports are mouth watering. It would be a real shame to miss out if they are discontinued :(

Anyhoo great work on all fronts Ot1.

• Like 1

"Its the same with f/m ratio, I’ve had 4 duds 109 f to 107 m out of 220 sown ie as near to 50/50% as is likely yet I had a report of someone getting 9 m and 1 f".

That was me Oldtimer and i must say i am more than happy with the one girl i did find.

Tbh i started off with 10 ot along with a pack of killers and just switched 12/12 when i went away to Portugal for 2 weeks so at which point left my brother to look after my plants.

Now my bro has limited experience but has done his own outdoor grows and has been there to see mine through different stages so i left him to determine sex for me as i was away.
Several telephone conversations later and i was told that pistils were showing and that males were there to be seen so i told him to be sure as he could be and hack out the males right away.

So once i got home i found there to be 1 true female left but my brother who knows may/could have chucked out others i will simply never know .

The one girl of Oldtimes i did have the joy of growing out i loved, cuts were taken and shes back in the bloom room now. :stoned:

It would be a sad day if they were discontinued :stoned: its wonderful green and ive only had one female and would buy another pack without a seconds hesitation!

I think Ks gets more exposure, so many diaries of Killerskunk compared to Oldtimes.

Heres my Oldtimes taken this morning with a less than perfect environment:

post-39205-1265117510_thumb.jpg post-39205-1265117594_thumb.jpg

Get the Oldtimes going

Lost P :B):

DSC_0315.JPG

DSC_0343.JPG

• Like 2

That s one monster plant LP ,how long is she in flower? Mine is 10 weeks today and top cola looks similar to yours ,even more white hairs.

Thank you for that stickyrussian, I know you had a herm, sorry about that. Oldtimes hardly sells compared to the other UGORG lines, I have been pondering on dropping it. I’m not sure why hardly anyone wants it as its IMO one of the best. Maybe because a couple of people have reported a hermy [so they should if it happens to them]. I know from all the test grows that for oldtimes it is out of normal for a he/she to show, Myself I’ve grown over a hundred fems and not one has shown as much as a nana and not one test grower reported one case.

Its the same with f/m ratio, I’ve had 4 duds 109 f to 107 m out of 220 sown ie as near to 50/50% as is likely yet I had a report of someone getting 9 m and 1 f.

Whatever I like oldtimes a lot, though for me personally smile just edges it, while not quite as strong but mainly because it make me smile, its a great mood lifter.

Anytime Ot1 , im just speaking the truth mate , i hope you dont drop it, so many peeps who havnt had the plaesure yet, but i do see why if its not selling as much .
smile is on my list ,smoked it but not grown it yet .

The hermy issue i had could of been any number of things and as i said in my diary most proberbly me :yep: , The problem is to many peeps are too quick to blame the breeders rather than admit that there growing practices could be flawed or theyve done somthing wrong .

heck no one wants to admit they might be doing somthing wrong ,but none of us are expert growers , i class myself as an intermediate learner and i think thats proberbly been generous on my behalf lol .

i think alot of the problem is many people dont uderstand the exact meaning of what a hermie is or more importantly why it would show this trait ,they read may hermy if stressed and run a mile . That says to me that these folk arnt very confident in there own growing abilty imho.

When in reality the only differance in hermy tendencies between oldtimes and lets say super lemon haze by arsejen( a big seller ) is the fact that OT1 and UGORG have written for all to see that if stressed it can happen . arsejens genetics are imho much more likly to hermy full stop never mind if stressed, but you dont get a nice little warning telling you

,my point been if your aware there could be an issue you make sure your ladys are as well lucked after as you can do , to avoid any potention disasters .

i hope thats come across right guys

Oldtimes rocks simples

stickyrussian

That s one monster plant LP ,how long is she in flower? Mine is 10 weeks today and top cola looks similar to yours ,even more white hairs.

Hello Herbal

Yea shes a big girl mate.

Shes approx 66 days into bloom fed with BioBizz Grow & Bloom with a one of feed of epsom salts.

10 weeks eh not long to wait for you now Herbal.

Enjoy it bro im pretty sure u will.

Lost P :yep:

On 02/02/2010 at 11:20 AM, oldtimer1 said:

Hmm a couple of things, oldtimes on average are of good potency, but there are a few [maybe 5%] very potent individual plants to be found, the same holds true of smile, smellyberry and Killerskunk all these vars have some outstanding individuals to be found. To me that is part of the fun of growing out a pack of seeds, its finding the plant that rings a bell with you, what I think is the bees knees may mean nothing to the next person, we are all different.

Another point people talk about Killerskunk, blues or SB phenos, to my mind its not like that at all. I have not smoked one Killerskunk that has a stone, hit or high that is like Smellyberry and there is a big diversity in SB types. Some KS do smell a little like some of the Smellyberries. But then again even the smell of smellyberries have a huge range from plant to plant from what I would as define quite acrid/dank to smelling really fruity more like billberry pie not blueberry.

Anyhow here are a couple of pics I took of some sidies from one of my fav oldtimes while trimming last night :-post-338-1265109543_thumb.jpgpost-338-1265109567_thumb.jpg

:yep::v: i`l have that one pls lol lookin amazin fella , top work

Farmer lol

Thank you for that stickyrussian, I know you had a herm, sorry about that. Oldtimes hardly sells compared to the other UGORG lines, I have been pondering on dropping it. I’m not sure why hardly anyone wants it as its IMO one of the best. Maybe because a couple of people have reported a hermy [so they should if it happens to them]. I know from all the test grows that for oldtimes it is out of normal for a he/she to show, Myself I’ve grown over a hundred fems and not one has shown as much as a nana and not one test grower reported one case.

Hi OT1,

I grew out a hermie OldTimes, pulled off the nanas, and was left with an absolutely outstanding smoke, and easily one of the pokiest I've ever smoked (and I'm not exaggerating, or being a sycophant!). Is there any relationship between hermie plants (more female than male herms) and potency in your experience? It was so facemelting that it really surprised me and I just wondered if hermie genetics can do that?

Many thanks for all your work.

GN

ill admit im one of them people who goes on about killerskunk, sb and blues pheno, i wunt know really cos ive not smoked either, was just going off what ive read, so appoligies if i go on about a 'SB pheno' i have out of KS and its not realy alike, i may one day try smellyberry and find out for myself. but gotta say im very very happy with smile and killerskunk and cannot wait to try the oldtimes. if its anything like what ive heard it will be another ugorg keeper for me, so keep it up OT1 and ugorg, and if oldtimes is like what people say, please dont discontinue it, the more we grow it and like it the more people will know about it an hopefully try it for the selves.

ive only put 5 OT in and im thinking i should of done the full pack now to find the best, at least ill have 5 left to play with if i find what im after first time round tho.

DanKu

amazing pics btw

Sorry I did not explain myself very well, dropping oldtimes was not an immediate thing.

Somewhere I explained Oldtimes is a step in a backcrossing project of mine, the current version was so popular with all the people who test grew it for me, initially I released a limited amount, hopefully the end result of the project is only a year or so away. I will finish that all other things permitting, I was going to drop the current oldtimes once the final was released, whether I drop the current oldtimes will depend if people still want this current version as well, they will be very different to each other.

I think what you said about growing out a pack or even 2 to find something nice is in fact what its all about OT

I know its not a fair representation of the strain but I do know that in there among the Oldtimes is a 9 week finisher that is one of the best smokes ive had

Who knows, it may be like the "cherry pheno" of the AK world, and not that common, but i know for a fact its there and i know you dont even mention it because of that reason, but now I have :stoned:

Thats what searching is all about, not germinating 2 seeds then making an assumption on a strain :blub:

You may just find something that no one else has, cos lets face it, both the blues and cheese were only pheno's found in a bag of seeds

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 2

ah ok OT1, see what ya saying, i did read somewhere that you brought some more oldtimes out to help you on your journey, good luck with it, hope you get what your after. ill keep an eye on how it goes

i got too excited when i started growing that i wanted to grow just about everything so i only ever put a few seeds of different strains in my tent, but i understand now that to find the best mother is to grow a full pack of what your after, took a few grows but i get it now :spliff:

anyhow keep up the good work

Dan

Guest Shairiley

gonna get my sell a pack of killers and oldtimes at the end of the month for my next grow what ive been reading they sound amazing

• 1 month later...
Guest thousandyardstare

This thread made for a great read :spliff: When I went to the Ugorg site I looked at Oldtimes, the only thing that put me off was the stretch. I didnt know anything about the hermie aspect (from what I read here its not even an issue) I think the stretch is the main reason people avoid it...I really wanna try it though :)