My First Growroom

Mr Bucket

Thanks guys..I'll get a PH meter ASAP. Can You tell me how long before I need to think about repotting these babies?

Heres the latest pics (if I'm taking too much bandwidth with all these pics just say and I'll restrain myself :D )

I've also sprouted 3 white widow, do you think I should take them out of the propogator yet?

White Widow:

post-49-59898-WWgroup.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Bucket

• hemp playboy

• chip

• mondoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AND got to have a family photo...

If you notice any mistakes I'm making, please let me know  :thumbs:

thanks

MrB

post-49-60286-vegroom.jpg

I've just bought a device from a company called goldendays.uk.com - website is now shut - but they do a really good tool - that I haven't been able to find at a better price in the country - its an electronic pH meter and nutrient indicator combined for £12.99 - yes - that is very cheap for the electronics.

Thanks HP! I just ordered one of their site. For anyone else who is interested look here:

http://www.goldendaysmailorder.co.uk/gardening.asp?DataFind=140#GD090

:mad:

MrB

i just had a look at the meter you are talking adout and i would be very sceptical if it will perform the same tasks that we talk about when we say a regular nutrient C.F oir TDS/PPM meter

for a start it doesnt look digital as its read out is an analogue dial (maybe there is a small chip inside i dont know but it looks and analogue meter)

and if you pay peanuts you must expect monkeys ,meaning it wont be as accurate or as long lasting as say a NZ truncheon from growell or some other similar hydroponics outlet and i know that you are growing in soil although PPM and E.C when using Ionic nutriewnts for soil is still measured the same

peace

the d.o.c :guitar:  :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I have fitted my extraction at last! I have fitted a 70 m3/h into the floorboards as an air intake and a 93 m3/h up into the loft.

Here is the intake on the floor:

post-49-07516-grb.jpg

And here is the extraction thats in the loft. I have had the HPS running for a couple of hours and the temp is a nice 74f ...before the fans were fitted the temp was up to 100f within minutes if the doors were shut.

I'm well pleased that they have done the trick :dj: many thanks to the people on here and chat that helped me  :thumbs:  :peace:

MrB

damn! I forgot to reduce the resolution of the pic. Could one of the mods help me sort it out. I can't seem to cancel the pic and re-upload here?? sorry guys

post-49-07802-grt.jpg

looking good mr b

got a couple of questions for you if youd be so kind.  Ive got a similar cupboard and will be setting up soon. Im wondering what kind of noise you are getting from your fans and do you have them on all the time or are they timed.

have you vented either of you fans outside or just into the loft/floor space.

Any advice on this would be appreciated bud.

take care and stay safe

all the best

rs :peace:

The fan noise isn't too bad. It's not as loud as my PC. I had them on all night, last night but I am going to switch them off during the night tonight. There doesn't seem to be much point leaving them on when the light is out.

With the doors shut, the ballast is louder than the fans. I'm venting into the loft space. Time will tell if odour is going to be a problem :dj:

Hope thats some help RS? If you have more questions, please ask. It's nice to give something back to the forums instead of take, take ,take :alien:

MrB

re: DOCs comments about the meter - yup it's basic - but I don't use it for tank reading nutes - just rough pH guidance - to know when to do a proper measurement.

I have a cF truncheon for EC/ppm reading. NZH - probably the same one you've got - though technically ppm shouldn't be on there - as it's a measurement of salts dissolved in a liquid - whereas the cF/EC is measuring the conductivity of electricity through minerals dissolved in a solution. So even expensive items can be wrong... heh heh!

:cool:

It doesn't affect the behaviour since they're just comparing ratios - but a cF truncheon ain't much use in soil... and cheap pH meters are hard to come by.

It's not quality - but the price indicates that - kind of what I hinted at from the beginning mon ami.

:cool:  :rude:  :cool:

Guest THE PUFFER

Out of interest Mr B, what the whoodly is going on with the 'elephant' plant ?

From what I've seen, one has a thicker stem than the other...would I be correct in assuming that ? Is the one with the thicker stem dominating the other at all ? Are they at the same growth levels ? (other than one smaller than the other..I mean leaf wise).

;)