Do You Know Any Psychics?

Culchi

THERE'S NO SUCH THING MATE...

Ghosts are not real and nor is Santa.

Like there is no such thing as an afterlife, or God I suppose :yep: (which i believe in both)

I have not seen a ghost full on, but I have seen shadows/strange objects lurking in my peripheral vision. I see purple flashes of light almost every day.

Sometimes, I can just turn my head at the clock and i always see the same pattern of numbers (like 2:12, 3:13) and I dont look at the clock before these times, I just know when to look to see these patterns, explain that one ;)

Edited by Smokey
  • Like 1

Guest dr rockster

There has never ever been an independently witnessed supernatural event ever that could be taken as proof.

The best documented was an occurence in a French graveyard I think it was,about 200 years ago and there seemed to be some kind of collective hysteria that manifested itself in people doing things like eating crap with a smile on their faces and then sicking up milk!

The local populace freaked out and went into pitchfork mode,doing things like trying to cut these peoples heads off with spades etc but couldnt even dent their skins.

Word got around and interested intellectuals went to observe and many people deemed trustworthy made many written reports.

One guy was imprisoned by the King of Denmark for 2 years as he would not retract his sworn statement on the matter.

The other,a guy named John Hume from the Victorian era could levitate in a crowded room with people hanging onto him and his party piece was levitating out a window and coming back in through another.

He also seemed to be able to elongate his body,stretch like rubber.

Mass hallucination?

As for TV physics they are the scum of the earth for preying on vulnerable people who have lost loved ones.

See Penn and Tellers' Bullshit series of shows as they did a good one on these fraudsters.

And they called them lying cheating scumbags and not one of course sued.

• Like 1

There has never ever been an independently witnessed supernatural event ever that could be taken as proof.

There is no such thing as proof. Proof is inevitably a subjective sliding scale, and as such will vary from individual to individual.

• Like 1

Guest scarface

i dont know if i believe in all this psychic stuff, but on quite a few occasions ive had dreams and then my dream has happened in my life, and even given me deja'vu whilst happening, its a creepy feeling tbh

thats why i wake up in a shitty mood sometimes, because i remember my dreams every single night and some mornings i think 'i hope that bastard dream dont happen'

so i guess i think some people can be psychic but alot who claim to be, are probably not ;)

e2a- im not claiming im psychic either by the way, just that ive had many dreams that have then happened in reality (exactly how i dreamt them too, down to clothing/people/ location etc) but there could be a perfectly good reason for that?

Edited by scarface

so i guess i think some people can be psychic but alot who claim to be, are probably not ;)

of course ;) the only way to tell them apart is by their bank balances :yep:

• Like 1

Guest river king

My next door neighbours are christian spiritualists. I have had unbelievably accurate readings of them.

My wife was getting into it and I was doing a bit of research online when she was at church. I've done a bit of self hypnosis before and the sequence of opening the chakras was virtually the same procedure. Any way the mrs and neighbours come back from church and had a message for me "the non believer" from the spirit world, saying watch for the lights going out. I hadn't got a clue what they were on about. So they're rattling over the back fence and I'm making a brew in the kitchen. The fucking lights went out in the whole house, just my house!. Now im 16 stone 6ft 2, scared of no man woman or dog. I came running out of the house like Linford Christie.

;) The 3 of them bost out laughing because they saw the light go out from outside. "What did we tell you" "what did we tell you".

I've got no doubt in my mind life doesn't stop at death, Ive witness too much the last few years to be a non believer now.

R.K

The best documented was an occurence in a French graveyard I think it was,about 200 years ago and there seemed to be some kind of collective hysteria that manifested itself in people doing things like eating crap with a smile on their faces and then sicking up milk!

The local populace freaked out and went into pitchfork mode,doing things like trying to cut these peoples heads off with spades etc but couldnt even dent their skins.

Word got around and interested intellectuals went to observe and many people deemed trustworthy made many written reports.

One guy was imprisoned by the King of Denmark for 2 years as he would not retract his sworn statement on the matter.

The other,a guy named John Hume from the Victorian era could levitate in a crowded room with people hanging onto him and his party piece was levitating out a window and coming back in through another.

He also seemed to be able to elongate his body,stretch like rubber.

Mass hallucination?

bread made from flour contaminated with ergot :rofl:
  • Like 1

Guest dr rockster

There is no such thing as proof. Proof is inevitably a subjective sliding scale, and as such will vary from individual to individual.

I know exactly what you are saying Arnie but proof enough for me would be myself and a few sober witnesses

under lab conditions with lab equipment to verify what we saw in case its hypnotism or summat and overseen by that feller Randi,a debunker of frauds like Geller who he's publicly called a fraud and not sued.

He's got a $1million dollars sitting in a safe in New York for anyone who can do ANY kind of supernatural thing.

That money is going nowhere.

It's all merely flat earth superstition,sorry.

Edited by Arnold Layne
To remove abuse.

Any way the mrs and neighbours come back from church and had a message for me "the non believer" from the spirit world, saying watch for the lights going out.

Maybe one of them was squatting near your fuse-box to flick the switch on cue. :rofl:

:rofl:

• Like 1

Guest river king
Any way the mrs and neighbours come back from church and had a message for me "the non believer" from the spirit world, saying watch for the lights going out.

Maybe one of them was squatting near your fuse-box to flick the switch on cue. :rofl:

:rofl:

I wished it was a "wind up" at the time. But just me in the house downstairs.

Another time they give me a reading saying "we've got your mate here, you saw him at the bottom of your bed the other night." Well I thought I was dreaming a few nights before I visualised a dead friend at the bottom of my bed, I didnt even mention it to my wife because I thought I was dreaming!

Another time I lost some qualification papers, the neighbours said have a look in the brown suitcase in the loft. My neighbours have never been upstairs in my house never mind my loft. But sure enough they were there!

The list goes on. I used to go night fishing on the river Severn on my jack jones in the middle of nowhere happy as Larry. Now I wont go withhout a partner.

My neighbours keep tellling me "its not the dead you've got to be worried about, its the living"

very true I know but I still arn't going nightfishing on my own!

R.K.

I definitely couldn't state with any conviction that it is or is not possible...

One time I stayed in a really old cottage (maybe 600 years? I have no idea) and a couple of very strange things happened. First, we closed the doors in the main living room... As I stepped away from the door I closed there was a massive bang on the other side. Definitely no one else in the house at the time - we were house sitting for people.

Then, as we went round the same room switching off the lights, one of the pull switches in the far corner of the room suddenly moved as though someone else had pulled it and we heard a click, although the light didn't come on... We were over 15 foot away from that light switch at the time :wassnnme:

If i'd been alone, maybe could have put it down to my mind playing tricks, but my girlfriend was right there looking as dumbstruck as I was...

Scarface - there was a period of my life when I was plagued by deja vu - totally freaked me out at times. I've also felt presences, like in a warm house, tucked up in bed with the mrs, the room was suddenly filled with an unearthly cold - I mean bone-chilling, yet the heaters and so on were on full blast and had been most of the evening - no doors or windows had been opened and the house had pvc double glazing throughout. It wasn't even that cold outside. As a child I remember I used to fear something in the darkness after lights out, a sinister force that tried to get inside my head, not every night, but many and it always frightened me and filled me with dread. Another spooky event I recal was,later in life, I was walking home from a nightclub (a but drunk, but chemical free I hasten to add) and as I walked the street lights went out one by one as I passed them, then came on again behind me, which was kinda weird. In my earlier story of the mystic, the woman actually told my friend a story of how her granny used to mess about by knocking the electric off at the mains and shortly after that, literally moments, the downstairs lights all went out. An unknown accomplice?

Guest Sister_Smoker

I was at work one day, and a woman came through to where I was. She said "I'm really sorry, but I have been asked to come in and speak to you". She told me that a man who was close to me, who died in quite a traumatic way wanted me to know that he is here. She told me that he died choking to death... which he did. My uncle died trying to fix his oxygen cylinder, he died gasping for his last breath. My gran who died two days later also wanted me to know that she was there as well. Apparently everything was going to be fine, I was going to get the job that I wanted and I would be fine. I got the job that I wanted, then lost it... so God knows what I was meant to learn.

The lady was a healer and a medium, she was a treat to meet. Have also recently had the pleasure of meeting a healer and someone who can move energies. She is a bloody legend. I love being around people like that.

E2A: Last week I was at someone's house, and everytime the phone rang I knew who it would be. It was bizarre because none of the phone calls were for me, but I predicted every single person!

Edited by Sister_Smoker

bread made from flour contaminated with ergot :wink:

Aye. There's a school of thought that suggests much of the witch hysteria in Europe the middle ages, and in New England, was down to St Antony's Fire (ergot poisoning).

I've got an idea for a novella based on the whole thing, but set in modern times, that I've been playing around with for years, but I never seem to be able to get my arse in gear sufficiently to actually write the bloody thing (that and a few dozen other ideas :ouch: I get the ideas, I just lack the enthusiasm and confidence to actually invest the time in doing owt with them :mashed: sorry, bit off topic, just a tangent, you know me, I never leave a tangent unexplored :wassnnme: )

• Like 1

Channel 4 ran a program on the subject of witchcraft/possession/ergot poisoning a few years back was quite interesting. Boojum - tangents are great fun to travel on, just watch out for the sines and be wary of the cosines - get it written man. :wassnnme:

e2a: Sister Smoker _ I get that too - if I'm at a mate's house and their phone rings, I know straight away it's the Mrs looking for me (and any time it rings after that until I get home) - I even say "That'll be for me" and lo and behold it is - much to my mates' astonishment and subsequent irritation as their phone rings for the 4th time in 5 minutes, again for me. :mashed:

Edited by Nettle-Grower