Trichoderma Harzianum & Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizas

Felix Dzerzhinsky

Hi uBercaMeL,

Just wondering how you got on with this one ? Did you manage to work out a viable harvest method and to determine what you had growing in the dishes ?

All the best,

Felix

Hi Felix, unfortunately I never made it back to the lab, and it'll be months before I get another chance, if at all. From the macro shots of the plates and the growth patterns I found online it did look like it could well be trichoderma h, and the person who showed me what to do agreed that all of the seemingly succesful plates, bar 1, looked like they were definitely fungal, not bacterial, and were not penicillium (which would have been the most likely contaminant). But nothing conclusive I'm afraid. The culture did seem to prefer the petris without antibiotics added (we took the doses from papers we found on Trich H culturing techniques) though.

In the end I just added one petri to a bag of moist coco and left it for a while, and refrigerated the rest. Since then I've used a few, just adding the petris to prepared coco for a few days, then scraping all the spore mass out and using the coco to plant into.

• 1 month later...

just read this , from one of your sources mate, might explain your nute burn,

"Perhaps even more importantly, our recent research indicates that corn whose roots are colonized by Trichoderma strain T-22 require about 40% less nitrogen fertilizer than corn whose roots lack the fungus"

Just pulled that bit out of the 1st page I more or less get the jist is it encouraging root mass or exposing the roots in some way? lol please bear ....... :haveadab:

Just wanted to say this thread is EPIC!

I originally found it when looking at preventions and treatments of root rot.

I've read about 2/3 of it on my iphone across a couple of nights and found it both extremely fascinating and educational.

Thanks for all the information and advice I've gotten from this.. I'm a little more concious about my friendly bacterial / fungal colonies now after reading this.

• Like 1

I've read about 2/3 of it on my iphone across a couple of nights

That's some hard core reading on a mobile

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Guest Hottish

Hi Mods,

I got this email, this is not spam why do you think it is why was it removed I was just about to post time line photos showing the results I am getting with these beneficial bacteria blends , I think it is worth sharing, is this not about Trichoderma Harzianum & Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizas,

Regards

Hottish

On 21/06/2013 08:54, UK420 wrote:

Hottish,

distracted has sent you this email from http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php.

Hi Mate, noticed you are spamming UK420 with not so subtle adverts, I have deleted hem, if you continue your account will be deleteddistracted

---------------------------------------------------

Please note that UK420 has no control over the

contents of this message.

---------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

thought someone might find this interesting

gallery_18195_3606_82511.jpg

Growing on coco fed mineral feed and a bit of organic tea, not kept especially moist either.

Seeing as endomycorrhizae and trichoderma aren't supposed to have Epigenous (above ground) fruiting bodies, is this evidence for ectos at least having a facultative relationship with cannabis, if not a beneficial/symbiotic one?

• Like 8

thought someone might find this interesting

I do :geek:

Growing on coco fed mineral feed and a bit of organic tea, not kept especially moist either.

Seeing as endomycorrhizae and trichoderma aren't supposed to have Epigenous (above ground) fruiting bodies, is this evidence for ectos at least having a facultative relationship with cannabis, if not a beneficial/symbiotic one?

Who knows ? Would be interesting to find out what species it is from

• Like 1

Lepiota species, saprophyte i.e. no mycorrhizal association.

Incidentally, same family as parasol mushrooms. Genus has some fine edibles and some that will make you pretty sick, like that one lol

• Like 6

Nice one camb, certainly looks right. I thought (& half-hoped) it might be an amanita muscaria alba..

So most likely just a spore that's blown in from a local patch then (there are a lot of conifers nearby)?

Yeah man, something that has just blown in. It is a bit of a 1 in a million though as you need at least a + and - spore for germination and formation of mycelium.

• Like 3

Cool. Another one's popped up in a different pot so it must be something that got in the bag of coco a while ago. More detail

gallery_18195_3606_38054.jpg

gallery_18195_3606_271203.jpg

• Like 3