Buju banton

Sizzla

Jah cure

Sean paul

Wayne wonder

To name but a few :smoke:

Nukkinfuts :wink:

Edited by Nukkinfuts

Used to wonder why John Peel played it back in the late 70's and early 80's when I was into punk and new wave.

Took me a while but it grew on me, especially the heavy dub stuff that Adrian Sherwood produced.

Now I don't listen to any of the punk stuff but people/bands like Bim Sherman, Singers & Players, Creation Rebel & New Age Steppers get played quite a lot. Also like Misty in Roots who are less dubby.

That's curious, since there was a significant crossover between punk and reggae (and ska), especially The Clash - both Paul Simenon and Joe Strummer were really into reggae - they recorded quite a bit of the album Sandinista at Channel One studios in Kingston working with Mikey Dread.

• 6 months later...

i did start a thread just for reggae songs from on youtube , but it stupidly got moved into the music video thread , i spent a bit of time to get some good videos and embed them into a thread (conscious lyrics no slackness , bashment or gun talk !!)and was going to update it regular with new tunes for people to check , dont see the point carrying it on what with it being stuck in with 100 pages of crap in that other thread ,,, totally useless and a waste of my time ?? if i wanted it in the music video thread i would have placed it there surely ?

but yes reggae run tings

give thanks ++ just no not for moving my thread ,,