Does Anyone Here Like Reggae?

LambsBreadCollie

Love a bit of Steel Pulse, Culture, Burning Spear, Bob Marley of course and Dennis Brown for some smoooothness.....

It was something of a revelation to me as a trainspotty 17 year old busy making sure I saw all the main punk / new wave bands live.

My first Reggae album was "Bob Marley and the Wailers Live". I also had / have a soft spot for Culture who I narrowly missed seeing play live a few years ago :clapping: ..

What really made my ears prick up was hearing "King Tubby's Meets Rockers Uptown" on John Peel's programme.... I bought several CDs of versions and orignals for this album - definitely one of my top 10 records of all time.... after hearing what they did in those days with 4 tracks (??) changed for ever the way I judge record production.

The strangest thing is I hardly ever had ganja in those days ..

Every summer I find myself loading reggae / dub mixes onto my MP3 player to accompany my twice-daily 4 mile commutes by pushbike ...

I am somewhat allergic to Judaeo-Christian religion, but I'm happy to sing along with old-time Rasta lyrics.

Burning Spear on Live365

Edited by compostverte
  • Like 1

s46975.jpg

:clapping:

Biddy biddy bong bong......

Early, early sunday morning it was a big ganja smuggling

Ina de mud me a pick kali bud an me a load dem down in off the top (?)

One by one, load up de van, all of-a ganja it ram

Put it on a plane, the weed gaan a Spain

Money jus' a pour like rain

Me jus' a mogel up the lane in a rolled gold chain

Me na me girl name Jane

:gossip:

• Like 2

:smoke: B) reggae AWSOM bit of bob marley on a nice summer day in back garden bbq and giant spliff great m8. boobies ;)

i likes me reggae too :guitar::rofl:

recently watched Damian Marley at Bristol Academy and Horace Andy at Trinity....both top gigs :yep::smoke:

I must admit I'm not really up to date on the new stuff and I'm trerrible with group names and stuff but I can't stop jamming when i hear a choice toon!!! :smoke::smoke:

recently watched Damian Marley at Bristol Academy and Horace Andy at Trinity....both top gigs :rofl::yep:

is the Trinity still open ?

man that takes me back a few years :smoke:

used to end up there most thursday nights to watch the punk bands :guitar:

is the Trinity still open ?

man that takes me back a few years :smoke:

used to end up there most thursday nights to watch the punk bands :guitar:

certainly is Jools and going strong too :yahoo::yahoo:

it was shut for a while a couple of years back but since it's re-opened they have been getting some stonking gigs there :yahoo:

they tend to get alot of soundsystems playing there now and the best thing is........they sale REDSTRIPE ON TAP!!!!! :stoned::spliff:

also obligatory to smoke erb in there :yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 1

The Easy-Star All-Stars Reggae version of 'Dark Side Of The Moon' is fantastic.

post-21829-1175719300.jpg

Much better than it has any right to be and certainly better than their more recent 'OK Computer' cover (which itself wasn't bad).

• Like 1

Aye, that's a very good album that.

Also, one mother of reggae albums...

BOB%20MARLEY%20exodus.JPG

"Movement of Jah people!"

• Like 1

The Easy-Star All-Stars Reggae version of 'Dark Side Of The Moon' is fantastic.

post-21829-1175719300.jpg

Much better than it has any right to be and certainly better than their more recent 'OK Computer' cover (which itself wasn't bad).

Spot on, dread :yep:, that Radiodread thing just isn't in the same class as Dubside. Karma Police is pretty good though :yinyang: .

Anybody like Yellowman? Nowadays he looks a bit like Goldmember, but when I was one of 'de yoot man dem' he was one of my faves :yahoo:

post-11426-1175765937_thumb.jpg

post-11426-1175765948_thumb.jpg

I love it too. When i was young I used to hang around with these people who played all the good tunes. Gypsies robbed the tapes out of a car we parked outside their house though. It's not that bad though. We made a big fuss about it and everyone knew what happened. They denied it and someone ended up robbing the house and we ended up with most of our tapes back. It's always a good thing to be on good terms with criminals.

The thing is I don't know much about it. The tapes are long gone and I can't remember any of the lyrics, any of the melodies or anything. So I'm stuck with the classics which are famous and can't find all those tunes I used to love. Not that the classics are bad, far from it, I love them, I just would like to hear those old sounds again. I'll go back through the thread now and see if I can find any I remember from recommendations. Thanks everyone and remember, don't worry, be happy, cos every little thing, is gonna be alright. One luv man, one luv. :wassnnme:

• Like 2