Cannabutter

Keye

• 1 year later...

Am I right in thinking I could dump a g+ of bubble in to some ghee, low heat for let's say 15-30 minutes to combine, cool, then bombs away good to go? No need for water?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 12/2/2008 at 11:56 AM, Keye said:

About 2/3's Chocolate to 1/3 Butter and it starts to move away from 'snappy' chocolate. Although, the temperature you do it at has more to do with the snap - you're diluting it obviously.

I'd go with the Rule of Thirds!

If you want the snap back in your chocolate you should temper it :thumsup:.

Working the melted chocolate on a heat-absorbing surface, such as a stone slab, until thickening indicates the presence of sufficient crystal “seeds”. The chocolate is then gently warmed to working temperature.

Stirring solid chocolate into melted chocolate to “inoculate” the liquid chocolate with crystals (this method uses the already formed crystal of the solid chocolate to “seed” the melted chocolate).

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm in the process myself of making butter from popcorn buds and all the trimmings. I have about 50g mix going into 500g of butter. I decarboxylated it in the oven before hand at 110C (fan) for about 40 minutes. Its now just simmering for a few hours and I'll be adding a bit of water every hour or so.

I kept it low so the bud didn't bake out the THC. Anyone ever decarb to convert the THCA into THC before hand or just threw it in the pot with butter?

I've heard of some people throwing a bit of alcohol (vodka) into the mix, does that actually do anything? lol

I realize all these answers may come when I have finished, yet there is always another grow around the corner and more butter to be made. :hippy:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I've only ever made butter once, but when I done it, it was different from this original post and many others as well, I never used the water at all, it was discarded, the water was only ever there to prevent the butter reaching a boiling point so high that the thc boils off as well. I was also advissed to use salted rather than unsalted as it has a higher burning point? Not sure how true that is. 

I've not read all the posts but did nobody decarb? Does it need it? A LOT of recipes I've read have sworn by decarbing the weed first before making it in to butter.

If anyone has one, supposedly the best method is a 'crockpot' or slow cooker.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

1st off if this site is still open. Because most threads are years old be here Goes.. I was looking for help on making canna butter. With close cut trim and suger leaf.. The strains are pink champagne. And mango kush.. How much butter would u use. If I use 4oz of trim decarbed 1st..I'll be using a slower cooker to do this. And how much will I get at the end. Also wud that ratio be strong ty

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@Oldmancannabutter when i made mine i used a half oz to a cup of coconut oil (same amounts with butter i seem to remeber off the top of my head) anmd it did mess me up BUT i would personally go for one ounce per cup (measuring amount in cooking) of coconut oil/butter....i cooked mine for 5-6 hours,decarbed before hand (althoiugh their is an point to be had in the fact you could decarb in oil/butter as logic would dicatate that you wouldn't loose any of the goodness (although maybe affects taste...more research needed ;) ) and i also didn't do mine with water...because it has a tendency to keep for less long IF any water/moisture is left in it as it can mold....i have erd it does help to take out some of the green taste...although you could say just use hash if that's thre case but i haven't tried it with water)...good luck on your quest...edibles are the way forward although i don't use them enough...* goes off to the kitchen*

• Like 1

Overnight in a slow cooker works best. I do 4 sticks at a time. My dad loves it. Can’t sleep without his chocolate now. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Hi, daft question but I have never cooked with canna before and ideally would like to use trim to make some cannabutter. Does it smell of weed when using it? Both when making the butter and using it in stuff (brownies!) after? 

Thanks guys. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shaylocer said:

Hi, daft question but I have never cooked with canna before and ideally would like to use trim to make some cannabutter. Does it smell of weed when using it? Both when making the butter and using it in stuff (brownies!) after? 

Thanks guys. 

Hi. When I make butter I try to do it when its windy out. I open the windows and cook other stuff to try to cover it a bit. Cooker hood vent thing on full wack  and a tea towel carefully placed on the lid to catch leaking steam. I use a big pan on the smallest flame but I'm always with it just in case it does catch.  hasn't yet but still dont leave it alone.  

It will keep the smell down but not 100%.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, ryanrizzle1337 said:

Ive never made canna butter, is it really as easy as it looks

Yes mate.  I dont even decarb before I make it.  It decarbs as it heats in the pan.   

I normally put about 4 oz of good frosty trim in a pan of water with a 2 or 3 packs of butter.  Bring it to a simmer then leave on lowest flame on the smallest ring for 3 hours min.   Gentle stir every half hour.

Strain it, rinse it and squeeze it to separate plant matter and catch all the liquid.    Let it cool till its set then pour off water . Job done,  ready for making some banging cakes.  

I make about 24 cup cakes from 6 oz of canna butter.  

Be warned, these cakes aint for beginers lol  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Dan t said:

Yes mate.  I dont even decarb before I make it.  It decarbs as it heats in the pan.   

I normally put about 4 oz of good frosty trim in a pan of water with a 2 or 3 packs of butter.  Bring it to a simmer then leave on lowest flame on the smallest ring for 3 hours min.   Gentle stir every half hour.

Strain it, rinse it and squeeze it to separate plant matter and catch all the liquid.    Let it cool till its set then pour off water . Job done,  ready for making some banging cakes.  

I make about 24 cup cakes from 6 oz of canna butter.  

Be warned, these cakes aint for beginers lol  

Wow i didnt realise it was that easy! im definitely going to have to give it a try for sure! I've learn alot since being on this forum lol 

• Like 1