Cannabutter

Keye

bravo :yahoo:

so..... just so none of the guys/gals on here follow your excellent thread and make a bar of chocolate as per your great measurement guide :P

how many of the chunks does it take to get twatted :rofl:

don't want none of them going OTT and scoffing the whole bar now do we :nea::stoned:

brilliant post chap I'll be having a play in the kitchen when i have all the right ingredients :smug:

ATB CT

Hi there CT.

Ok, i always have to calibrate the strength of chocolate everytime i make it. 'Cause it's different everytime.

So for anyone reading this and making some - Make sure you calibrate your chocolate first!!

Four chunks of this gets me nice and gently toasted for a good 2 or 3 hours ish.

Eight chunks of this gets me fairly wasted and couchbound for about 4 hours but leaves me stoned-over. Especially if taken in the evening, about 6ish, it's enough to stone me for the night. I prefer the four chunks as it makes me giggly and able to use my brain well. But I haven't tried taking it in stages, to keep a nice gentle stone up.

The exact mould i used:

post-17190-1173127818_thumb.jpg

is (approx): 152mm (length) x 70mm (width) x 10mm (depth)

Hope that helps somebody!!!

Keye

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

if ur choc goe's to same texture next time it is coz it has got to hot .the bottom of ur bowl u melted the choc in was touching the water when it was melted..tip for next time it does it .put a bit of cream in it and mix as it heats this should put it back to nice silky choc dude

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pimp!

The chocolate wasn't burnt - but i know what you mean. After i had tipped it into the moulds, the leftovers did go all manky. It is quite close to the texture i came out with, but not the same. It is like a truffle texture, rather than a burnt texture.

Keye.

sorry bad choice of words there mate.......lol

dont make choc tho i do make butter for cakes made some the otherday for a cake im takeing away with me ...lol:rofl:

Guest Stickybud73

hey keye, i can tell you why you got that texture with the chocolate...Next time don't pour ANY of the water in. my experience making desserts at work, and advice from a genius swiss chef i once worked with, a few drops of water can ruin 2kg of good coveture (melted choc over a bowl of simmering water). next time drink the water. :smoke:

Try using the melted choc method instead of water/bud/butter in 1 pan. i.e, put butter/herb in a large bowl over simmerig water.

I've experimented with this loads, making afgan biccies-great for breakfast. you can leave the butter/bud simmering for 30-40 mins, and there's no need to separate. it cannot burn, as long as there is enough water to steam. i cover the bowl with cling film, and dont even strain the ground herb. perfect for a long drive, very mellow, very discreet. boiling is a big nono, and this bain-marie (water bath) method get the temps spot on to release the thc.

just my 2 cents. thanks for the info :wink: :smoke:

• Like 6

• 4 months later...

What a great post, the best explaination of this I have read, thank you, I'm off to the kitchen to make some cannabutter now.

• 4 weeks later...

tbh i've always thought it was a waste of good weed. but seeing the amount you used, to what you got and made with 2-4 chunks for your desired affect. wow what a party starter :puke: come shiva hurry up and grow, i wanna get cookin :smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, glad you found the thread informative.

It is worth it, especially if you're using trim. To be honest, i don't think twice about dashing an ounce on a project now i'm growing. I'm not being big headed or arrogant, but i've lost my association between weed and money, so it doesn't mean much to me in that respect. But i started cooking and doing non-smoke related weedness when i was buying, years ago. Try vodka - you don't need much if you're using a small bottle.

• Like 2

hey keye, i can tell you why you got that texture with the chocolate...Next time don't pour ANY of the water in. my experience making desserts at work, and advice from a genius swiss chef i once worked with, a few drops of water can ruin 2kg of good coveture (melted choc over a bowl of simmering water). next time drink the water. :wink:

Try using the melted choc method instead of water/bud/butter in 1 pan. i.e, put butter/herb in a large bowl over simmerig water.

I've experimented with this loads, making afgan biccies-great for breakfast. you can leave the butter/bud simmering for 30-40 mins, and there's no need to separate. it cannot burn, as long as there is enough water to steam. i cover the bowl with cling film, and dont even strain the ground herb. perfect for a long drive, very mellow, very discreet. boiling is a big nono, and this bain-marie (water bath) method get the temps spot on to release the thc.

just my 2 cents. thanks for the info :cheers::rofl:

I was going to say melt the butter and pour that into your chocolate. This weed and butter bain-marie idea i must try though as it could save 24 hours and you could be making chocolates 40 minutes after starting, wreacked by lunchtime if you start in the morning ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Keye,

First I'd like to say thanks for such a great idea/process. You are truely a gem :!:

I made a batch of butter a few weeks ago & made some cookies (Tesco's cookie mix) which is easy as you just add butter (I am by no means a chef! :wink:).

The butter solidified well when I made it & I sat for 15mins sculpting it into a nice square after it set. I used around 1.5oz of frozen trim of POG (weighed frozen). I will used more next time with added glands from my grinder for some extra poke as the cookie recepie only needs 25grms of butter.

The problem I encountered I think is that I strored it in the fridge in tin foil (to avoid detection :):ninja: ).

The first batch of cookies were made the following day when the butter was solidified, fresh. The cookies worked well, but not strong enough for me so I ate more but I was quite proud of my first attempt.

The second batch was made around 3 days later, the same recipie & butter etc. This batch had no effect whatsoever?

Two days later (around a week after I first made the butter) I went to make the final batch of cookies, to my horror I could see the butter had gone mouldy :ninja:

Does the butter have a limited shelf life? Does it decrease in potency over time? Or did I do something wrong that made the butter deteriorate?

Any advice would be appreciated as I am looking to make some more butter out of 2oz of bubble waste (from a single run) & add around a 1/16oz of keif from my grinder.

I need high potency really to help my erratic sleep patterns & chronic pain.

Cheers B)

• Like 1

HellO!

I have no idea why it went mouldy! I've got some choccy from about 6 months ago and it's still okay - all wrapped in foil aswell.

Maybe the butter would go mouldy on its own, but i dunno. I suppose it's like anything else that goes mouldy - the spores had to come from somewhere....

Sorry i can't help any more than that!

Eating it can be a bit hit and miss, at first. It seems that way but gradually you learn how much to dose yourself with and you can be quite consistent.

Edited by Keye