Cannabutter

Keye

Or drop in price like a stone, who knows you stupid cunts. Unless citigroup has inside information of world war 3 approaching....?

Remember the days when people used to say banks were as safe as houses :yinyang:

Greenmonster

e2a: This isn't supposed to be here, that quote. But i was going to say.... Do you remember the days when people used to say houses were as safe as houses....

About 2/3's Chocolate to 1/3 Butter and it starts to move away from 'snappy' chocolate. Although, the temperature you do it at has more to do with the snap - you're diluting it obviously.

I'd go with the Rule of Thirds!

Edited by Keye

thanks for the quick response (and the random quote from another thread lol )

will give it a go tonight the rule of thirds sounds good. :yinyang: :wink: thanks :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great post Keye

Just given up smoking (i really diodnt want to but its ruining my health) had some trim in the freezer (well i say trim but its really buds i couldnt be arsed to trim anymore) and so thought what have i got to loose.

My canna butter is now in the fridge setting so ill report back tomorrow on the results, i love cooking and can make a mean cookie so it looks like canna cookies are on the menu tomorrow.

In the meantime i need to get myself sorted out as the yoghurt i just made with loads of weed oil is really messing with my head. i guess i have to learn all over again on stones induced by munching rather than smoking.

Again great post :wink: thanks dude.

Munch Munch :smug:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

this greatly insipired me ( plus the fact that u can put wet buds in :spliff:), gonna try today or tommorow with some fresh bud from chrystal.

• Like 1

can canna butter be eaten byitself or does it have to be coocked with something ?

oh and is badnage good enough for a filter ?

Edited by navyking
  • Like 1

once the cannabutter is made you can eat it like that, however it wont be to nice just eating butter :rofl:

might want to spread it on some toast or something?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Is there a particular reason to heat the buds with the water and butter, and not just butter?

Wondering how it would be to make chocolate with hash, and if you can be sure of the amount in each bit of chocolate by just doing simple math. When I make muffins I melt the good stuff in butter for each muffin, so I have full control over how much is in each, but with chocolate that would be a waste of time and difficult due to the small bits of chocolate in a tray. I read somewhere that butter was not the ideal fat to use in chocolate, due to it's "greasyness".

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If its of any help to anyone....? I found the search for good cheesecloth and good butter makin muslin a hard task when I first made butter and ended up using my tights :bad: It would seem of late there must be a call for it as it is now available to buy on line ....not sure if this will be edited... lol Anyway try Amaz.....UK :)

The real stuff for a professional finish... has to be better tha usin tights and findin toe nails in yer butter :nea:

:ouch:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Is there a particular reason to heat the buds with the water and butter, and not just butter?

I know it's an old question but I haven't seen an answer. Personally I can see two potential reasons why it's probably worth using a water and butter mix. When you heat it the temperature will be limited to the boiling point of water and this prevents degradation of the cannabinoids, also when the water and butter are heated together they form an emulsion helping to circulate the butter through the buds and dissolve the good stuff into the butter. Has anyone done a side by side test with and without water? I didn't fancy drinking the water as someone suggested, cannbinoids aren't water soluble so I didn't think it would be worth putting myself through that, it looks pretty :rofl:

I used bubbled trim and fan leaves that I've been collecting from the summer's growing. Frozen and squashed down hard to fit in the freezer it was a full carrier bag's worth. I did three runs, the last one I used a mixture of olive oil and butter. I heated around one part water and one part fat with the plant and simmered for around an hour. I sat a clean tea towel in a sieve and poured the mixture through it into a bowl then twisted the tea towel into a ball to squeeze the remaining butter out, like Keye does with cloths (I learnt this as a trick for getting the water out of defrosted spinach). I find it's good to twist the tea towel hard and then also apply pressure around the twisted up ball, you should end up with pretty dry plant matter and a very stained tea towel, (and burnt hands if you're not patient enough) :rofl: Once the fat had solidified I made a hole, drained away the water, then heated the butter just enough to melt and poured into glass jars, job done! I've stuck two of the jars in the freezer for safe keeping :B):

post-42949-1260454112_thumb.jpg

I've tried some butter spread on bread a couple of times and after about an hour and half was feeling very pleasantly stoned, very mellow and happy :B): I like the way with eating you can get a nice even consistent stone for an evening and I'm surprised how strong this butter turned out.

Thanks for this great thread Keye, the information has been very handy :D . I'm looking forward to baking up some brownies next :rofl:

• Like 2

Just for the record I made a choccie cake last night using 125g butter (most of the little pot on the right). Four of us just over a quarter of the cake between us and I have to say were proper f**ked for a god few hours :yahoo: I'm glad I held onto all those fan leaves.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to not get back to you on this.

The water - yes, it's important. It keeps the temperature down of the whole concoction. If you used just butter, which gets a lot hotter than water, then you'd probably burn off most of the good stuff in the weed, the oil might still be there but the high would be gone. So, the water lowers the temp allowing you to do a more lengthy and therefore fuller extraction.

Hope that helps.

And yes, you can do this with hash - almost grated, basically; increase the surface area.

e2a: I have a recipe for cannabis emulsion somewhere. That's a head rocker if there ever was one.

Edited by Keye