• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wilbur Nutsack

• JollyGoodSmoke

• penfold911

• jontz

He can stick about for another week until he shows me his balls properly (cause I’m curious) and then he's history.

One of them looks a little too much like a bloke for my liking and a decision will be made in a week when he/she get their genitals out.

Let's cut the crap here :huh: Your avatar and your words condemn you as a "Testicles obsessive" ::puke:: You've been found out :;):

Seriously, they say that "necessity is the mother of invention" and that growroom proves it. Excellent work mate. Enjoy :angry:

Cheers everyone ;)

It appears the guys were a bunch or transvestites!

I opened the door on day 12 and they looked like completely different plants, they were just late developers.

All feminine, they were showing their bits off everywhere. Sluts.

It’s a bit of a problem. I was hoping to ditch a few males for extra room but now I have 11 females and don’t know what to do. Instinct says ditch a few but greed tells me to keep them all lol

I’ve chopped off the lower branches that would get no light and tied down some of the larger top fan leaves to promote the lower bud sites. I’ll release the leaves when the lower sites catch up a bit more.

I topped the sat bagseed a while ago and they have turned out to be female and look much more promising, if a little crowded.

How much longer should I expect a sat to stretch compare to an indica given the longer flowering times?

I had a binge at the hydro store the other day and got some goodies so they will be getting a tasty foliar spray for the next few weeks. Really perked them up after the first spray.

I'll get some pics up once they are a bit juicer and i have learned how to take a decent pic.

Wilbur

• 3 weeks later...
400W Son-T Plus

5"LTI

4mm Tempered Glass

4 x 20W Osram Deluxe El energysavers

Ok, beginner here, could you just clarify for me:

"400W Son-T Plus" is your light, yeah? What sort of light does that give out?

What are LTI's? What do they do, and why?

What's so special about 'tempered' glass? What does it do and why?

Are the "Osram Seluxe El Energysavers" just your other lights? Does one 20W give out the same as an ordinary 100W light bulb? How much are they, where from?

400W Son-T Plus is a HID (High Intensity Discharge) light.

The useful HID's are HPS (High Pressure Sodium) and MH (Metal Halide)

HPS is used for flowering and MH mainly for vegging. The ideal combination is a ratio of 2:1 - HPS:MH as MH adds potency to the buds but does not give as high a yield.

Son-T Plus is a type of HPS bulb, there are others such as Son-t Agro, and mixed spectrum bulbs, each having their own pro's and con's.

An LTI is that large grey fan at the top of the wardrobe. They are expensive but very powerful. You really need to ventilate well in such a confined space, as a 400W bulb is bloody hot.

The tempered glass is just glass that has been heat-treated to make it real strong. It is the safety glass used in car windows that will shatter into lots of little squares, rather than sharp pieces. It means the light can get close to the plants without burning them and is pretty much essential in such a small space if you want to use a 400W or larger.

The energy saver bulbs are just used when vegging the plants, rather than flowering. I got them from BHS, 2 for a fiver. And yes, they are 20W giving the equivalent of a 100W "normal" bulb.

Feel free to ask anything you are not clear about.

Wilbur

come on wilbur

post us some pics they must be juicy by now ;)

did u ditch any of the females or did greed get the better of u :huh:

what size pots are u using and where did u get em, i can't seem to find decent size square pots anywhere

all the best jgs B)

p.s: did the BB germ alright

Hi Wilbur

I have caught up with all you have done and it looks great. I am at the moment trying to get my first grow setup and need a bit of advice on the ventilation.

The plan so far is - i have a 2 m x 1m area blocked off in my spare room, my friend built a false wall thing for me. In this area i have a wardrobe for veg, it is 2' x 1' x 4' I have a shelf in 1' up from the ground in that area i have 2 20w 2ft fluorescents for seedlings or clones in the future. The top section has 4 x 20w energy savers for vegging plants.

I have a 600w HPS with a grolux bulb for the flowering area . which is the false space area minus the area of the wardrobe, give me about 16feet2 area for flowering.

I have not yet sorted out ventilation for either the flowering space or the wardrobe, I was thinking about a 4" inline fan in the cieling , going upto the loft. Any suggestions?

I have 3 9" x 9" passive air vents, to be put along the bottom of the wall.

Any help would be welcome.

Hi Penfold911

I did a search for some ventilation info for you, the following will give you lots to think about.

Labrat

Labrat again

Szark

Green Gandalf

Have you thought about being able to access the wardrobe when your flowering plants are in their dark period?

You dont really need much ventilation in the wardrobe if you are just using flouros, you are only ventilating to change the air, rather than venting to remove heat. A couple of PC fans would probably be OK.

Wilbur

Got to disagree Wiltbur, that 600W light is going to belt out some heat in a confined space.

And come on, where are your piccies? You've gotta put some up, just to show what an overcrowded room looks like (educational purposes of course).

:blub:

Evening Labrat :)

The 600W is not in the wardrobe, it is in the partition where the wardrobe is. It is a decent sized space. There is only flouros in the wardrobe so surely a couple of small fans will be ok in there??. The 600W will still need a decent LTI (or similar) and possibly a fan over the bulb to keep things cool.

I was just wondering if it was worth the cost to get an extra decent fan specifically for the wardrobe or split the LTI ducting but probably not.

How you getting on anyway? How far are you away from a bud testing session? :blub:

I'll get some pics up real soon. Things have really progressed and there are some shiny buds looking tasty. mmmm Pity the rest of the plants look pretty sorry for themselves. :)

They all went really yellow really early and they are still critical. I gave them a flush and weak feeding and they are looking slightly better.

I never fed them very much when they were vegging and i think they just ran out of N earlier than they should.

They later showed signs of over feeding lol so.............

if it wasn’t over feeding and it wasn’t underfeeding, what else could it be?? I thought it must be some sort of build up stopping the roots getting nutrients which prompted the flush.

The water round here has a PH which is slightly too high and i have made 2 unsuccessful attempts to buy some PH Down so that could possibly be the problem?

It hit the skunk#1 particularly bad, the SG and random bag weed are looking not too bad. The SG seems real easy to grow but the buds are not looking as shiny as the SK#1.

Anyway, I’m of for a stick, speak soon.

Wilbur

Thanks for the help and the links.

I tried to go through them but my head exploded, wow i still have a lot to do.

I will keep going over them as the situations are very similar.

Finally, here are some pics of me doing my best to kill them all!

I'll get the worst over with first :D

Here is my skeleton-like SK#1 which are starving to death due to too much perlite (thanks OT1 :D )

post-49-1041610702_thumb.jpg