• jontz

:oldtoker: Whats all this then?

400W Son-T Plus

5"LTI

4mm Tempered Glass

15cm fan clipped on reflector

4 x 20W Osram Deluxe El energysavers

post-49-1035901066_thumb.jpg

Very impressive setup you got there Wilbur .... good use of space.

Can you give us some more details (lights, fans, etc).

Do you have any fans / ventilation in the area below the glass sheet?

Where did you manage to find tempered glass and how much did it cost?

Cheers

SC :ninja::oldtoker:

Hi Spacecadet

The white strip you see down the middle is L-shaped strip used for clipping on another 15cm fan. I have removed the fan at the moment, to put it on some seedlings i have in my propagator and seedling box.

I stripped the safety cage off the top fan and coated the blades in Mylar so it could be really close to the HPS.

There is 4 passive 2" intakes drilled in the floor. They are positioned carefully where there is space when i try to shoehorn in 12 x 15cm square pots when my super girl and sk#1 are ready for cloned to be taken.

The glass was from Solaglas and cost £10 per sheet. I got 2 sheets with slightly different dimensions to experiment with how much of a gap i needed to leave to allow air to flow from the holes in the ground, up past the front and back of the glass. I lined the edge of the glass on the left and right with draught excluding tape so i could be sure that all the air was spreading to the front and back of the chamber.

The fan has a speed controller so i can control the temp depending on if i have the flouros or HPS turned on (or both).

Edit - The small wardrobe space i have on the left is getting used to keep some decent bonsai mothers in the future. The bottom 2 sections were kindly donated to my girlfiend to keep her make-up etc, but it looks like she is going to get promoted to a drawer elsewhere.

Wilbur

Nice clostet mr nutsack...... :)

You're gonna get plenty of greenery in there...

Great close up, you've made me realise something about lti fans that I wasn't sure about... now I know i can fit one in my setup comfortably... :oldtoker:

very :ninja:

nice one!

does it glow when the lights are on and the doors shut? mine's a bit obvious....

Hi Jontz

There is very little light leaking out.

The doors have draught excluding tape round the edges to make it airtight and those yellow strips you see are double sided carpet tape with Mylar on one side to reflect the light back in. I just added the flaps to anywhere i could see light leaking out, and down the edge of one of the doors.

I've still to make light baffles for the hole in the floor of the wardrobe.

You will need to think about making a carbon filter to fit your space, as the ones you buy for the LTI's are fuckin huge!!! I never realised the size, they are way bigger than the fan.

Wilbur

Cheers bud..

I was thinking about a homemade filter on the output, as the lti ones are a bit costly... Activate carbon is so cheap I can try a few ideas too. I'd better get my fan first I think..

Draught excluding tape
doh.

I've been after some for a while but never got round to it... My memory is so damaged.... :oldtoker:

Have a search for activeted charcoal/carbon material. Mr bishie was using it i think. I was going to line a box with it, and fill it with activated charcoal granules to suit my space.

Wilbur

Just to confuse everyone....this Tibs on spock's machine :oldtoker:

Hey Wilbur.............very cool setup.........certainly given me a couple of ideas.

Cheers for the close up too mate :)

My brain is really mushy at mo - but will be sure to bombard you with Q's when a bit more with it :)

Tibs B)

*can I stop talking with a deep voice now?* :ninja:

Ain't got no pics unfortunately Wilbur...wish i had though cos it's worth sharing with everyone who has a budget to stick to.

I'm yet to test the Bishie Filter, so don't hold ya breath...but if it works well i'll be a happy chappy :oldtoker:

hi wilbur :)

nice use of space there mate and a good setup

is thet a teddy on ur bottom shelf guarding the plants ::ninja::

all the best jgs :oldtoker:

is thet a teddy on ur bottom shelf guarding the plants ::oldtoker::

It certainly looks like it - come on Wilbur, we want to know the truth! Where will you be putting teddy when the mothers move in? :ninja:

Very nice set up.