200g castor sugar

2 tsp ground ginger

1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

125g canna butter

75g golden syrup

1 beaten egg

1 tsp grated orange rind (optional)

pinch of salt

1/ sieve the flour,sugar,ginger,salt and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl.

2/ in a saucepan, heat the butter and golden syrup over a low heat until the butter melts.

3/ leave the butter mixture cool slightly then pour it onto the dry ingredients.

4/ add the egg and orange rind and mix well.

5/ using your hands divid the mixture into even sized balls, between 60-90(personaly i use scales so each biscuit has a more precise dosage)

6/ place on baking tray with room in between them so they can expand whilst cooking.

7bake in a preheated oven 160C/325F/gas mark 3 for 15-20 minutes,then place on a wire rack to cool.....

post-1261-1159192534_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

im not sure if it's as efficient j but it would still work, personally i'd make plain gingernuts and have the hash in a drink or one of your yogurts.

hot canna chocolate

1/ put milk on to slowly boil.........

2/ heat a tablespoon, put a tiny smidgen of butter on heated tsp, and gently heat...

3/ when butter starts to bubble and clarify, add your hash

and use another tsp to mix and disolve the hash into a lump free buttery liquid

(bubblemelt works raelly well,but if hash.. best grated or flattened)

4/ add to milk,bring to boil and add to hot chocolate as normal.......

as with all ways of eating and drinking it's best taken on an empty stomache.....

then eat 30-45 mins after.................

• 3 years later...

Just making up a load of these to take into hospital.

How well do they store? Do they stay crunchy? Or do they go soft? Can you freeze them? Or will that ruin the consistency?

Thanks

Monk...x

They are chewy from the start because of the golden syrup, freezing doesn't seem to affect the consistency and they will also store for at least a month in an airproof container :yahoo:

One more question...

"5/ using your hands divid the mixture into even sized balls, between 60-90(personaly i use scales so each biscuit has a more precise dosage)

6/ place on baking tray with room in between them so they can expand whilst cooking."

Do I put the balls of dough on the tray, or do I flatten them a bit?

Very basic I know but I just don't really do biscuits and stuff as a rule....

Monk...x

Not sure if its the same with canna cookies but whenever I cook normal cookies the dollop flattens and spreads out as they cook, won't do them any harm to pat them down a bit though if it takes your fancy M :wink:

I aint made them before Monk but I would go for balls if I were you. I think they will find their correct "Ginger nut" shape once they go through the cooking process.

my mate beefy is a miget and smokes and hes got ginger hair ill bake him some

Come on freshstart, fess up, how old are you?

I've baked a bunch of biscuits which are like a cross between ginger nuts and hob nobs.

Anyone fancy a Ginger Nob?

They are chewy from the start because of the golden syrup, freezing doesn't seem to affect the consistency and they will also store for at least a month in an airproof container :sadwalk:
:sly:

also if you,bake them for a second time,they'll be cruchier and last longer, and as msmj say's freezing doesn't seem to effect them.

if after a few weeks you think they might be going stale, rebaking em makes em good as new.

One more question...

Do I put the balls of dough on the tray, or do I flatten them a bit?

Very basic I know but I just don't really do biscuits and stuff as a rule....

either works :blub:

my mate beefy is a miget and smokes and hes got ginger hair ill bake him some

Come on freshstart, fess up, how old are you?

I'd say about 13 and 1/2 :sadwalk: