Gingernuts

sittingrelaxing

• 2 years later...

@sittingrelaxing

Many thanks for both your easy to follow Cannabutter & Gingernuts recipes.

Initially made the Cannabutter, ended up with ~110 grams. It was strong as hell, about the same amount of butter you'd expect to apply to quarter of a slice of toast was too strong (for me & my buddy who smokes)

large.butter.jpg

Plus didn't taste all that great. So with that in mind I followed your Gingernuts recipe using all the Cannabutter plus 15 grams of regular butter I was missing

large.1.jpg 

Used your recipe but added double the amount of ground ginger you recommended. Now these are nice, there is a faint smell of weed if you sniff hard enough but from a taste point of view indiscernible from regular Gingernuts.

Twenty one biscuits, eat half of one and literally wrecked for close to 12 hours. Found eating a quarter of one gives the desired effect without being too much. My smoker buddy had half a biscuit (bearing in mind he smokes weed daily) on an empty stomach - I'm glad I only had half he commented :naughty:

Used all the trim plus popcorn buds from my grow, dry, ground and frozen for the butter. Whilst significant in volume it certainly was nowhere near an ounce. Probably half that. The tray with the shears in.

large_Trim.jpg

Popcorn buds whilst giving you the high you want didn't smoke as nice (as the cured bud - mainly the taste) my wife commented. Only really good if you were desperate.

So to anyone considering this I'd certainly recommend it. Only thing that was required I didn't have was a cafetiere. Picked one up (don't be tempted to buy a small one - this does about six cups) cheap off eBay for a fiver.

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

A top recipe, if you want to change it up a bit, dispense with a bit of ginger powder and add some chopped stem ginger, you can even swap out some of the syrup it comes in for the golden syrup. There like Armadillo’s, crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside  lol

• Like 1