Gingernuts

sittingrelaxing

Excellent, thanks sr, just taken my final batch of 20 out the oven, sampled one about half hour ago, very very tasty, not sure yet about potency, will let you know....

The orange tang really comes through in the taste, didn't think it would tbh.....

Sorry about all these eedjits above messing up your lovely gingernut thread after all this time :sly:

They look and taste so good I think I could easily go into work in the morning, leave a big tray of them at the back of the sorting office, and just sit back and watch the office fall to pieces...:sadwalk:, no-one would suspect, they don't taste much of canna at all....

Excellent recipe anyway, if anyone thinking of doing it, follow sr's instructions to the letter and you won't go wrong, if I can do it, anyone can, biscuits ain't my strong point...

Monk...x

• Like 2

my mate beefy is a miget and smokes and hes got ginger hair ill bake him some

Come on freshstart, fess up, how old are you?

I'd say about 13 and 1/2 :sadwalk:

I think that's a fair (If not slightly high-balled) guess.

my mate beefy is a miget and smokes and hes got ginger hair ill bake him some

Come on freshstart, fess up, how old are you?

I'd say about 13 and 1/2 :spliff:

I think that's a fair (If not slightly high-balled) guess.

High-balled and a midget? Inconsistent...

They are chewy from the start because of the golden syrup, freezing doesn't seem to affect the consistency and they will also store for at least a month in an airproof container :P
:wink:

also if you,bake them for a second time,they'll be cruchier and last longer, and as msmj say's freezing doesn't seem to effect them.

if after a few weeks you think they might be going stale, rebaking em makes em good as new.

One more question...

Do I put the balls of dough on the tray, or do I flatten them a bit?

Very basic I know but I just don't really do biscuits and stuff as a rule....

either works :yep:

Strickly speaking if they have only been baked once then they are a cookie to be a biscuit it needs baking twice. and a jaffa cake is a sponge.

Fookin Ace!!!!! ;)

Had one, had another just cos they taste so good, absolutely battered now.....

3-4 of these will keep me nicely battered all day long...

Very very nice, surprised as I bubbled the trim once before I made the butter, took 10grams of hash off the trim, then made the butter , so thought the potency would be reduced, but definitely not....

Splendid!

Monk...x :rofl:

Fookin Ace!!!!! :stoned:

Had one, had another just cos they taste so good, absolutely battered now.....

3-4 of these will keep me nicely battered all day long...

Very very nice, surprised as I bubbled the trim once before I made the butter, took 10grams of hash off the trim, then made the butter , so thought the potency would be reduced, but definitely not....

Splendid!

Monk...x :B):

glad you got a few doses sorted out for your stay. :yep:

just make sure them cheeky nurses don't nick any for brew time :ouch:

:ouch:

• 1 year later...

I'm gonna give this a bash today! Off I go to Asda in a sec.. I'm totally awful at baking or even cooking for that matter :wassnnme: , I assume all the stuff I need is at Asda? (I already have the Cannabutter :stoned: )

Edited by Cocogrower

• 4 months later...

Just knocked up a batch of these using the canna butter recipe also and made about 60 biscuits, I ate 2 about 30-45 mins ago and they do the trick..

Think I need to use more syrup next time as they are crunchy and maybe a touch more ginger..

They will be perfect to take into hospital next week (if I havent eaten them all before then lol )

Edited by Juan Maria

Well the 1st lot have been munched by myself and some mates and they were impressed, gonna make another batch now with some slight adjustments to the recipe.. ;)

Will pop up a picture later..

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

10 years on and still checking back here to make sure before i make a batch....Usually manage it from memory now, but still every so often need to have a little check. (it's always the castor sugar I struggle to remember if its 125, 200, or 250g

these things have seen me well for a whole decade, must have made well over 20,000 gingernuts from this recipe from sittingrelaxing. :pizza:

another 70 in the oven tonight.... :grubsup:

tend to stick to one or two nuts every few days now, plenty for me, back when this recipe first went up used to be at least 6-8 a day, along with 24/7 smoking.....

shudder to even think of that sort of intake now :D :D

This thread has to be top thread, of any internet forum I've ever used, ever...

sittingrelaxing...take a bow mate :chef: , still the very best way of consistent dosing,, and best tasting canna recipe ever. :cheers:

I have deviated *very slightly* from the recipe here... I tend to use a little bit of demerara sugar in place of some castor sugar, about 50g straight swp....adds a bit of texture... and then i tend to use 3 tsp ginger, and another teaspoon of Spanish hot smoked paprika, really gives a nice, long lasting kick of heat . :rockon:

sittingrelaxing. :notworthy:

Mono...x

• Like 9