Scabby Leaves

L NIN

Hiya L Nin Mate

I thought that fungus and moulds were grey and furry too. Have only just realised I have been struggling with a fungal problem for ages and now almost certain that my brown and crispy leaves were not due to nute def/overfeeding/mg deficiency/RSM etc.

Am now sure my problem, that looks not dissimilar to yours and others, is a bloody fungal infection!

As for treating it the general philosophy is to cut out the infected areas, scrub everything, spray with an anti-fungacide such as citrofresh, and pray, but it will be an ongoing battle and you may never be completely rid of it. Another good tack seems to be to use a traditional copper sulphate fungacide, I have bought some but havent tried using it yet, will let you know how it goes.

There are a lot of threads about this sort of problem this year - Good Luck!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• L NIN

• Bish

• Hipgnosis

• shanezzz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

big thank you CHURCH N TOMMY! lol never had this problem b4 lol how is this caused?is it overwatering and high humidity or is it active in ya room as spores or sumit?carnt understand how both have got this :yep: will a very dry enviroment sort the prob out?plus a dehumidifier on ?thank you very much! :(

OT1 said that there's a lot of it about this year, of several different types...

As Tommy said, Citrofresh, cutting off the affected parts, and traditional copper sulphate fungicides are your best weapons

not 2 sure m8!gunna keep me eye on it now,normaly feels humid if its to damp dosent it!,also got sum good rvks the outlet is on constant!24 hrs!never had this b4 man got me head done in,just bin on 4n one room is between 20-50 tops!

OT1 said that there's a lot of it about this year, of several different types...

As Tommy said, Citrofresh, cutting off the affected parts, and traditional copper sulphate fungicides are your best weapons

thanks man :yep: ordering it as we speak!

Spores appear to be the way it spreads but the spores can blow in from anywhere. Once the spore settles the fungus grows, killing the leaf as it goes, and sends out more spores contaminating other bits of the plant, therefore more fungal growth and necrosis of the plant material and sickening plants.

Good ventilation/extraction, will help combined with good airflow around the plants to stop the spores from being able to settle, also very good for the plants too. Try and reduce the humidity too and don't overwater.

The fungal infection must be under control during the veg stage as there isn't too much you can do when your into flowereing. Currently I am about 4/5 weeks in flower and well :guitar: about it all, just keep pulling off the infected leaves, but there may not be many left by the end!

I read somewhere that using Bordeaux Mixture or some other copper Suphate fungacide, which is a contact fungacide and also helps protect the plant from further attack by creating a film on the leaf which will kill any further spores which land on it!

Hope this helps, I can't claim to be an expert, I have only being growing for about 10 years and still manage to royally f**k things up! :headpain:

thanks TOMMYTOkEHED ;) it looks like it gunna have to b copper Suphate fungacide, seems everyone recomends this,at least i now know its defo a fungas problem,they just seemed to take ages to grow,i thought it was sum deff :doh:

thanks all,stripped pale & spotty leaf,ordered citrofresh gunna try n get sum copper Suphate fungacide 2moro,keeping my fingers crossed!could i still have a deff or does the fungas cause the pale leaf :yinyang: stay cool ;)

p.s sorry didnt mention this but stems are purple!

Edited by L NIN

It won't hurt to give it some food as you could have a def too, but not too much. Somebody here suggested "a jallop of maxicrop" so I have fed mine with bout a "jallopsworth" of maxicrop today, but tbh any fert with nitrogen would do the job. Find that the fungus causes the leaves to pale anyway but a bit of food will probably help the plants defence systems.

And keep everything crossed - There seems to be an awful lot of this about this year!

thanks again tommyTokehed :smug: been to try n get sum fungacide(no joy)have to travel for it gunna b 2moro,let u no how it goes,thanks again man :smug:

hi all you cool people :yep: looked allover for fungicide with copper sulphate,thought it was just a canna thing lol done about 130 miles round trip :yahoo: managed to get sum "liquid silicon"(groth tec) plus "leaf coat"(biobizz)this should help,shouldnt it? :smoke: wich should i use first? :wink: thanks all,if i defo need fungicide with copper sulphate,i can get it on order but it will take a couple ov days so i thought this could do for now!!!

hi all fungas spreading fast :yinyang: ,sprayed with the leaf coat,added silicone to nute tank,will this help or even slow it down ;) or will i have to get copper sulphate soon as???? :yinyang:;)

Hiya L NIN

Yes the fungus is a bugger at spreading. I used Masta Microbial RTU, run out of citrofresh :yinyang: and picking off the affected leaves and that seems to be slowing the spread, a bit, but have sprayed my younger plants with bordeaux mixture today. The leaves are now quite white, hope they dont all shrivel up and die ;)

hi TOMMY,carnt belive how fast its spreading man :yinyang: this thing is leathel,never had fungas b4,dont want it again,just hope the shit i have bought stops it!does it go or do you have to fight it all the way through?cause i feel like binning the lot!thanks man ;)

Silicon & leaf coat will not stop the spread of a fungal infection L NIN!

Murphey's Copper will however slow it down, if not stop it. That doesn't mean to say that all fungal spores have been eradicated from the grow environment.

Edited by Bish