At What Point Is The Soul Created?

Guest FD

Good Question. :wink:

Plato discusses this in 'The Last Days Of Socrates' in the Phaedo chapter.

Its quite amazing how plato's books were written and are as relevent today as they were in 500bc when they were written. Quite a startling fact when you compare the level of intellect in platos books to the bible.written 500-1000 years later. :unsure:

Anyway back on topic, Socrates came to the conclusion that all souls are immortal, They cannot be destroyed and cannot be created, thus implying re-incarnation If we cannot create or destroy souls then they must come from somewhere when we are born and most probably return there when we die.

Tie this with socrates argument that when we learn things we arnt actually learning anything we dont already know.We are merely remembering what we we have forgotten, but have always known and you have to wonder, he might be right.

Anyhow enough of my rambling, if this kind of question interests you id take a look at that book and see what you think.

Our minds are merely an interactive storage device that our souls draw information from as and when required but only when we are aware of our soul,otherwise our minds act of theyre own accord which is not good, considering our minds are easilly altered and controlled via any of the sensory inputs we posses. I think this leads to why the world is in the state it is in, too many minds are under control.

Yep enough rambling :nea::ninja:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bish

• HvyFuel

• sibannac

• d_L_t

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you accept reincarnation the soul exists before you do.

are the soul and self separate then Hvy?

Edited by FD

Hi DC

how can something exist if it aint been created or are existence and creation unrelated? Can something exist without being created?

are the soul and self separate then Hvy?

Dunno mate, you'd need to ask someone who believes they exist.

:unsure:

Dunno mate, you'd need to ask someone who believes they exist.

:guitar:

well self and consciousness surely exist, but as for souls I dunno either.

Do you reckon it's one shot an' ya out hvy?

watching how armies behave when 'peace keeping' i'm doubting that we all have them

Taxi for percy!

Hot sure how much I believe in the soul etc but I just cant accept the fact we will cease to exist. Not like in a physical way but there is something inside which makes me think that once im dead i'll go on. If you know what I mean?

Am I just baked? :guitar:

geez you sure ask a lot of questions aye FD :guitar:

Ive got to eat, then ill try and have some input on this topic.

funky g , i would say that thing thats telling you once your dead you will go on..., well id say thats a feeling coming from your soul.

Very-Confused-Woman.jpg

:guitar:

Struggle as I often do to understand the complexity of some of your invariably deep responses Bish, I really am at a loss to understand how your last post contributed to the discussion ;)

Edited by FD

Mr Bish ,

Seeing as we all need to 'sort our lives out' or am i mistaken? and as you posed the question, could you possibly tell us all how to 'sort our lives out? and what exactly a 'sorted out life' is?