Disasters

oldtimer1

• 1 year later...

I love finding years old threads that have people answering questions 15 years after they were asked. Well 19 years now.

ot1, I can’t believe it’s took 19 years for the right answer to come out. I hate to say but your all wrong.

the problem is simple. You paid your mate up front and with weed no less. Next time only hand over the weed when you get back and the plants are all good. I guarantee they would have been ok had you not handed over the keys to your stash. 

Looks like I have to go in hospital for a few days soonish (well I don’t have Corona and hospitals are shut to everyone else so soonish maybe longer than a month). I was thinking of doing similar. Paying my little brother in weed to help us out. After reading this I think the answer is so simple. Automated watering systems. I could probably get away with those drip bottle things for 5 days ish but there are some dirt cheap options. A small water pump with a smart socket coming from a bottle would do the job. If I only put 2 litres in the bottle it would never cause a flood as the res would empty before pots are full and they have a programmable week long schedule.

other people really seem to be the biggest problem with growing weed. They can forget to water it, Rob it, moan fucking daily about the smell, tell the police, or just come round too often with no weed of their own (these are the worst ones).

anyway, the answer to both are problems is going to be a small water bottle (maybe a large for you), a £10 water pump and a £10 smart socket. Works out far cheaper than 1 little brother (he’s 36 by the way) and far less likely to fuck up.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/15/2021 at 8:05 AM, Whatwentwrong said:

anyway, the answer to both are problems is going to be a small water bottle (maybe a large for you), a £10 water pump and a £10 smart socket

In tune with commenting on old threads,  i have to go away for a week (I can pop back once ,a 2 hour round trip)  , but it would be nice if i could rig something along the lines of the stuff you mention.  How do you rig it up, and what is a smart socket?   I have a one plant air pump thats used for an auto in washing basin but know nowt about water pumps.   Could you kindlly explain a bit more how you go about setting it up?    And a brand of pump and smart socket to look for would be smashin.    

6 minutes ago, pepe16 said:

In tune with commenting on old threads,  i have to go away for a week (I can pop back once ,a 2 hour round trip)  , but it would be nice if i could rig something along the lines of the stuff you mention.  How do you rig it up, and what is a smart socket?   I have a one plant air pump thats used for an auto in washing basin but know nowt about water pumps.   Could you kindlly explain a bit more how you go about setting it up?    And a brand of pump and smart socket to look for would be smashin.    

i ended up going with an elecrow automated watering kit. Google it to see. It did the job well enough but I’m back to hand watering now. Too much faffing at times

• Like 1

Just now, Whatwentwrong said:

i ended up going with an elecrow automated watering kit. Google it to see. It did the job well enough but I’m back to hand watering now. Too much faffing at times

thanks very much ill check that out.  it will only be used for <1week  just to keep em alive