Disasters

oldtimer1

Ok this is what I found after going away for a couple of days leaving things in the care of a friend.

Now I thought I would show this to see if any one can identify what caused the problem. I can tell you its not to do with water, or nutrients. I have five plants all with the same damage! I’m showing one of them as a sample, its a Sk#1 clone. The second picture is an identical sister clone in the same grow room same soil mix.

Now lets see if any of you know what happened here. Because its its a really good lesson for every one.

looks really bad m8

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI SMITHY here see you now one too things ,can you tell me where im going roung with these jacks that i ham doing as i ham thing of stopping it ,post-68232-0-56604400-1321305197_thumb.jpgpost-68232-0-23655300-1321305294_thumb.jpg

post-68232-0-28299400-1321305330_thumb.jpgpost-68232-0-98102700-1321305360_thumb.jpg

post-68232-0-95694500-1321305263_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

looks like nute burn or mg or potasium def from what i can see id prob look more at your nute levels bro¬!! peace

was gonna say the same. try flushing for a week. although doesnt look too far from harvest so maybe flush all the way to the end now. or have a look at the ripen solution from general hydroponics. that might help.

• Like 1

Guest komodod

you couldnt tell what was wrong with that plant from one picture. it could have been any number of things which could have caused that appearance. plus i doubt it was co2 as the plants leaves have evolved like a lung over millions of year and they can cope with very low amounts of co2 in the atmosphere.

Edited by komodod

• 1 month later...

You gotta smile when reading this thread. So many people grabbing sticks at the wrong end because they don't take the time to read properly. But I think the point to be learned is never trust someone else to look after your stuff. No matter how simple and straight forward the regimen you leave them with and no matter how clear your instructions they're going to f**k up. It isn't their fault, you may be hundreds of miles away but it's all still on you.

I've heard horror stories ranging from tanks overflowing and bringing ceilings down to switching off the fans and opening the windows to let the heat out.... along with the wonderful aroma. The latter scenario happened to a friend of mine, he took a weeks holiday, most expensive week away ever, cost him a couple of years and after that just about everything he owned.

So think twice before you leave someone else in charge.

Peace

• Like 6

You gotta smile when reading this thread. So many people grabbing sticks at the wrong end because they don't take the time to read properly.

I gotta thank you Laphroaig for reminding me about this thread cos I read it, boy did I read it, when someone commented on it and it popped up. Because I saw what kept happening in my little grow box illustrated perfectly here by ot1 and following the logic of it upped my ventilation massively and saved my grow. How I forgot to come back and thank oldtimer1 I am not sure but I'm gonna do it now. Thank you oldtimer1 I thought it was all kinds of things too much fert, lsf, you name it I thought it was it and all I needed was more ventilation. Thanks for the save. :notworthy: I had been tearing my hair out, all over drilling a few more holes, they're living things they need to breathe, so simple, so fundamental yet so easily overlooked.

cheers oldtimer1

there should be like a school in holland where you can learn how to grow.....seriously....could make good cash.....

Yeah like a al qaeda training ground for growers I like it lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i had 4 uk cheese in oxy dripper set ups 5 weeks of flower vitalink max feed schedule, contactor with lights on, fan filter on 24/7, 12" circulating fan 24/7, 4" intake on 24/7

went away for 1 week sat to sat .. changed feeds in the morning of going away all my friend had to do was make sure lights were 2ft from canopy, water didnt run out and leccy was ok (topped up before i went and left money with him as he lived in my flat for the week) : / easy huh (sorted him out before i went aswell)

came back on sat week later early didnt ring my friend an tell him, 1st thing was checking on my beauts soon as i opened the door all i could smell was Cheese :( ran straight into the room everything off, plants wilted, no water, NO ELECTRIC .. was fuming all my pal said was he checked them everyday : / not my friend now lol

they half recovered got nowhere near what i should or previously got, but i know not to do that again

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a trip and walked into the same, 5 plant 2 look BAD 3 may be saveable. Not sure how it happen as the story I am being told is “I done what you told me to do” going to add extra co2 and pray for the babies. Poor fucking Plants

Come to the conclusion that the only other person who you could trust to look after your stuff with any degree of certainty that they wouldn't completely fuck it up is another grower. We are the only ones who would treat the task with the reverence and care it deserves. Currently upgrading my "top up" tank for my main 220 litre nutrient tank from 110 to 240 litres, could manage 3 days away on the 110 during the first 4-5 weeks of flowering, hoping I can make that a week in future with the 240. I've opted to automate as much of the environment and feeding as possible simply because I've lost too many friends to scenarios just like those.

Peace

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I have just went through the exact same thing. The only difference is I was looking after a friends while on holiday, within a week half of them where covered in yellow leaves other half perfect, this wasn't my first time I have grown my own, everybody seems puzzled & just taking guesses but it would be good to find out, myself I think it's root rot.