Hints,tips,tactics

Owderb

Seeing as we have a great new fishing forum I thought why not start a thread on hints and tips etc etc lol

You never know it may just help someone catch a fish or achieve a catch of a lifetime lol

Or maybe you have a question about something :cheers:

I'll start the ball rollin for you :rockon:

Right up till a few years ago I hooked my worm especially for my bream fishing in various ways but still suffered with the worm coming off unless you added a maggot or similar to hold it on.Now considering you can have your bait out for an eternity its useless if the worm as come off :toldya:

Then a friend shown me how he does it :gossip:

Take your worm,be it a red or a dendra between your thumb and your forefinger with just its head showing and gently flick it.I kid you not,the worm opens its mouth and you can then thread the hook down and bring it out further down the side of the worm masking the shank.It works especially well when using small barbless hooks and helps hook a bigger worm than usual on a small hook and the worm stays on alot more frequent than it used to :magic:

And my last for today is if you use groundbait try using marvel milk powder in it.You will have to experiment with the amounts but it leaves a great hovering cloud in the water.If you also add flavouring it makes a great fish attractor especially for carp on the method :magic:

Tight lines :smoke:

Owd :guitar:

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

From when i used to fish with old man on the place called the black rock near lunan bay bout a mile off, perfect place for cod, and the occasional spurdog. I used a mixture of parton crab legs removed shell removed with a lug on the end. to save it on cast out i used elastic twine to hold the bait on. Saves having it float off and nibbled off, and smells like curry to a piss head for fish, well up north.

Edited to add also when boat fishing bounce your bait off the bottom of the bed around 6" or just so u can feel it bob. ive caught near 15 fish ranging from 8lb upto 15lb cod

Edited by DarK$idE

I kid you not,the worm opens its mouth

Wow cool :guitar: I'm gonna try that one.

if you use groundbait try using marvel milk powder in it

Not sure if this is right but I think I read that milk is a very bad pollutant. I know it's only a little in your grounbait, but lots of littles makes a lot :guitar:

My tip, when after Pike, is to get all the fish heads and tails from the fishmarket, liquidize them, make them into orange sized balls, freeze them, then use them as groundbait. Much easier than trying to lob handfuls of chopped up sprat out. :yep:

By the way, ACE idea for a new thread Owderb. I can see this one running and running.

• Like 1

If you want to fish the incoming tide on a beach, dig several holes and fill with manky old fish bits etc and then recover with the sand (quite loose). The incoming tide will uncover the ground bait bit by bit as long as it not deeply buried :guitar: ......

RAZ

prebaiting for pike is easy

just get a load of sprats bang them in a food blender until there cut up good then add some groundbait until the stuff binds up then bang balls of this in the freezer once frozen throw them into your favorite swim if its a good drag to ya water keep them frozen in a cool bag

this seems to work ok down the street we have done this a few days prior to fishing it seems to pull them in

tuna is also good for prebait the carp love it

peppi :guitar:

If you want to fish the incoming tide on a beach, dig several holes and fill with manky old fish bits etc and then recover with the sand (quite loose). The incoming tide will uncover the ground bait bit by bit as long as it not deeply buried :guitar: ......

RAZ

hi raz

i bet a old sack or something with added bricks would have a similar effect to the above you could even tie a ballon to it so you could see were it was !!

peppi

Edited by Peppi

Guest Blabblabberbab

:guitar: But.... I used to go Roach bashing a lot on hempseed and tares in my local fens and drains back in the day - I always did wonder.... has anyone tried home-made cannabis flavoured boilies or just hooking a hunk of weed and trying that :yep::guitar:

B ;)

'edit' - top tip with the worm Owd lol

Edited by Blabblabberbab

:guitar: But.... I used to go Roach bashing a lot on hempseed and tares

apparently adding chillies to the water hemp etc is soaked in is good for most coarse fish

peppi :guitar:

Hello, I went Carp fishing on a local water and used 2 'sugar puffs' hair rigged to an inline lead, popped up 5 inch. The out come was a 17.5 common carp, I ground baited with Alpen and Shredded wheat (pulped) fished over a bed of hemp. Great looking fish I may add!

I like the tip about blending Sprat for pike ground bait... Must try that next time I go.

Nice chatting to you

Regards

Grinder