God Poll?

Guest roger

Does god exist?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest tootsweet

Sorry didn't mean to rattle anyones cage..

just thought this was fascinating reading 'sall..

Toot x

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hir

• Skyhigh-64

• Lizard

• Aveburyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I probably voted, there is something but its got jack shit to do with the bible, as that is the closest I can see to my opinion and I can see results so obviously voted but no post, until this point.

(and I think if I take off my socks I can still count the amount of removed posts, even though the truth of it is I can't get me own socks off. Sox Sox Sox)

Edited by Hir

Buddhism from the BBC

"No one saves us but ourselves,

No one can and no one may.

We ourselves must walk the path,

But Buddhas clearly show the way."

The Dhammapada, 165.

Buddhism is a religion without God.

:rofl:

Edited by Aveburyman

Take the concept of 'man' out of God and religion and it suddenly becomes a wonderful thing - as every ganja smoker who has looked up at the sky knows.

[And if you think that's corny :yinyang: , then you aint high]]

;)

and I'd liket o know who voted yes ;) or was that someone having a tug?

Edited by Skyhigh-64

Guest ironlungs

good point skyhigh. :yinyang:

its when you try to personify god that it becomes a problem. i believe in a creator, he has no spouse, no family, friends.....no nothing. after watching the planet earth series 1-5, my faith in a creator was strengthened. well worth a watch. depends which side of the wall ur sat on when watching it though.

the creator is the same as mother nature, but its the sexing thing that confuses people, as god is called 'HE' in the bible and quran, and somewhere it says man was made in his image. but in reality, the creator is something our petty minds could not even start to comtemplate.

a human male can just about bend a girl over, do her doggy, rub her titties, and thats about it. anything else at the same time, would just be out of the question. but here we have the creator keeping all the planets in orbit, ensuring everything obeys the laws of this world. fruit, veg, animals, fish to eat was all provided by the creator. the creator brings us the sunshine, the rain etc. if uve seen the planet earth series, you'll know what i mean. there are so many examples of what i would class as miracles, but we as humans just take for granted. modern day society makes us believe we are in control of everything. kinda like when we play god by growing the best potent marijuana, or bananas or whatever.

in india, it was recently discovered, that during the summer when the chances of catching malaria are high, there is a certain fruit (kinda like an orange) which only grows in the malarial period, which contains anti-malarial properties. you can't put that down to evolution, no way.

and people always say, but oh if there was a god, why does he let people suffer and die?

the creator has left us to our own ways and time after time throughout history, we have proven to destroy ourselves, by drinking excessively and gambling, chasing riches, women etc....

i know people who go out and buy big posh cars without even thinking about all the starving people in the world. its people that are at fault and not religions or the creator.

i was watching this eskimo dude on tv the other night and it was amazing how they survived in the snow and how they got their food, imitating polar bears. the same goes for these tribes in the amazon and congo. its modern day society that tells us we are better than them tribes because we have found comfort in getting pissed, stoned, tv, music blah blah blah.....

how many new animals and plants are scientists discovering everyday? how many new cures are they discovering from these new plants and animals? its not there for joke now is it?

there was that program on discovery channel about the snake dancers who were immune to the venom, because they had consumed a certain root that grows locally. these are the creators miracles, but people just think we know it all. we know nothing.....

have to cut it short now dudes

People are stupid.

God is just another word for nature.

I do not belive in god i believe in nature.

i truly dispise muslims and islam although i dont want to harm them, as well as christians catholics etc.

I can just about tollerate Buddists for there peace of mind.

Islam is soooo bad and wrong...not that christianity hasnt shed more blood over the years, but todays actions by muslims shows they are insane. Suicide bombings cause there promised 7 virgins when they go to heaven.

All that shit about a drawing in a danish newspaper............

For all his mistakes Hitler had a point if you read Mein Kampf. Im not a nazi but am educated.....

Your right people are stupid. :)

JAR

good point skyhigh. :)

its when you try to personify god that it becomes a problem. i believe in a creator, he has no spouse, no family, friends.....no nothing. after watching the planet earth series 1-5, my faith in a creator was strengthened. well worth a watch. depends which side of the wall ur sat on when watching it though.

I slag the bible off but that is because of the damage its done or has been done with it

SO: Dont worship graven images is the point of both the bible and the koran

I think its is a Good book but a very tough read. Jesus uses the word, or is reported tro use the word, almost interchangablly with God, Godhead. This is an eastern idea. He traveled to Kashmir and studied Budhisnm.

Edited by Hir

:stoned: nice one THC

erm i dont know why but its not letting me vote.

I dunno, hopeful i'll think of some definite view in the future.

If any religion id say Buddhism :)

Voted for the last option.

Blaise Pascal the French 17th century scientist who did a lot of work on the nature of vacuums and invented the whole branch of maths called probablitity theory thought about the existence of a God and when he combined probability theory with zero and the infinite, he concluded that one should assume that God exists. Using his probability theory, which made loads of French gamblers rich and was very successful he argued that its best to believe, because its a good bet.

Whatever the odds of there being a god the expected value would always be infinity if there was one and you were a believer. Any odds multiplied by infinity gives infinity. You'd be blessed so too speak. If you don't believe and find out there is one then your expectation is negative infinity. The worst possible return. The third option: If there is no chance that God exists then the expected value of Pascals wager - to being a believer could be then be calculated by (zero x infinity) which is gibberish. Nobody would really make this bet though as they can't say for sure there was zero chance that God exists.

Going on the probability logic eski you may as well believe as the worst that can happen is nothing.

Voted for the last option.

Blaise Pascal the French 17th century scientist who did a lot of work on the nature of vacuums and invented the whole branch of maths called probablitity theory thought about the existence of a God and when he combined probability theory with zero and the infinite, he concluded that one should assume that God exists. Using his probability theory, which made loads of French gamblers rich and was very successful he argued that its best to believe, because its a good bet.

Whatever the odds of there being a god the expected value would always be infinity if there was one and you were a believer. Any odds multiplied by infinity gives infinity. You'd be blessed so too speak. If you don't believe and find out there is one then your expectation is negative infinity. The worst possible return. The third option: If there is no chance that God exists then the expected value of Pascals wager - to being a believer could be then be calculated by (zero x infinity) which is gibberish. Nobody would really make this bet though as they can't say for sure there was zero chance that God exists.

Yeah, but god being god, and all that, he'd know you were hedging your bets and strike down upon thee with great vengeance and fuuuuuurious anger. It's not all harps and arks, he enjoyed a fucking good smoting, did god!