God Poll?

Guest roger

Does god exist?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hir

• Skyhigh-64

• Lizard

• Aveburyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm a full Nonbeliever.....

But fair play to others who do I just dont like the type who try and covert you and stuff

Religion is responsible for a lot of wars though

I need proof tbh, this blind faith malarkey dosent do it for me

im with StundiE as well - shove it down my throat and i will give you the middle finger, If there is a god i will find him/her/it in my own time, in my own way.

:bush: I just wonder what other people think... percentage wise...

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who stayed awake all night wondering if there really is a dog?

Om :yinyang:

Roger:

By asking "does God exists" are you asking if we think or believe that a Divine Being has taken up residence in the world of "existence", as in the Christian theology of Incarnation ("And the Word was made flesh [sarx?])?

Or do you wish to know if we believe that there is a Divine "Being" in the realm of "being"?

Being - Existence, a very important distinction.

God may very well Be, but existence implies start and end and thus mortality.

God Is, but may He Become or Cease?

Indeed can God Do?

Is human language up to the task?

Is human logic able to do anything other than blaspheme by definition, being a reducer of the infinite to finite proportions suitable for observations. Observations thus reduced to possible meaninglessness.

Try Don Cuppitt.

But don't say I sent you

Vape please......

And the asnwer is probably 43.788888888888888888

i'm a full Nonbeliever.....

same here mate !

wasnt there a big bang way back ??

and those loons that come to your door really do need to see the light so to speak

i once did a ten day meditation course in which you were shown a video each day on one of the vids the geezer said and its true

he said

if there is a god do you think he needs you to pray to him to know how powerful he is ????

never a truer word spoken !!

its just people need something to believe in !

something to have faith in !!

peppi :ninja:

Edited by Peppi

the human condition doesn't allow for the kind of imagination required to understand the tiniest portion of "god" and we can't accept that "this is it" in terms of why we are here so we invent a mythology to surround the bits we don't understand/ (which is all of it).

the human race is consistently arrogant in it's belief that it knows it all. history proves us wrong time after time.

it's a bit early in the day for deep thought.

if there is a god, then he/she/it needs us just as much as we need him,

as without humans, can the concept of a god even begin to exist ? :headpain:

is it possible to edit the poll to allow more options? I love the debate...

for me I belive that in order for there to be a god it must have at least some basis in a physical realm, it would be absurd for me to say i know all there is to know about physics (try reading roger penrose's road to reality whilst off your face lol ) therefore absurd for me to deny the possibility of a for a life form higher than that which i have experienced to exist. however i am sure that if such a being existed it would not care one iota how i lived my life and it is most certainly not a god as expressed by any religion i know of.

with that caveat i would call myself an atheist through and through....