Blue cheese

Bulldogbill91

3 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

@Devon Cream Milo doesn't need money, he passed away.

Didn’t know that shows how up to date I am he ripped off a old mate years ago nick (zoro from red eye) so didn’t have anytime for him didn’t know he’d passed 

• Like 1

Smottie remix is probably you best hope I would think. Pray to the camma gods for good germination and a hottie leaner, I should really invest in a pack of those...

• Like 10

Quite nice to see old strains getting a mention. We used to get some lovely blue cheese always around xmas time. Something I like with the older strains as well is you can smell it and instantly know what it is and go back in time. I would happily run blue cheese again if I can get something like I used to buy back in the day.

A breeder I never tried or never hear mention anymore was eskobar. Anyone remember him? Had a strain chocolate rain. Also cheese berry I think it was, wonder if that’ll be the same as the blue cheese? Said it before but would also love to get hold of some psychoberry. Got to be someone out there still with the old clones alive.

• Like 6

@Bulldogbill91

In the site store they're packs of 30 last I heard germination rates aren't great they were an accidental pollination made a very long time ago.

Smottie is Hottie x Smile, hottie was a highly prized blue cheese cut the "Remix" part is a list of everything else that was in the plot that got seeded. But all the genetics are desirable IMO and certainly worth a look for anyone who has a hankering for yesteryear

Edited by NezA
tag
  • Like 5

Here's the diary from 2013 where that  accident happened...

There were some great plants in the smottie remix...

• Like 7

Ouch 11yrs old might have to try and pop some of my pack.

• Like 1

Just a thought ....i have 3 old stock Dinafem Blue Cheese between the fellow old gits and myself this run ,  if any turn out nice ...im more than happy to give brother @MindSoup a bit to work with  

i could also hit the nicest with @badbillybob Mohan x Ghetto male if anyone fancies that ???         
i got no idea what they will throw but , they will be in my diary and if anyone fancies it let me know and i can sort it out and send in seeds for freebies 👍

• Like 7

8 hours ago, NezA said:

Smottie remix is probably you best hope I would think. Pray to the camma gods for good germination and a hottie leaner, I should really invest in a pack of those...

Still the best blue cheese I have found from seed yet still pissed that I lost her 

Theres a good reason I keep popping a few every now and then :yep:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, OldFord said:

Just a thought ....i have 3 old stock Dinafem Blue Cheese between the fellow old gits and myself this run ,  if any turn out nice ...im more than happy to give brother @MindSoup a bit to work with  

i could also hit the nicest with @badbillybob Mohan x Ghetto male if anyone fancies that ???         
i got no idea what they will throw but , they will be in my diary and if anyone fancies it let me know and i can sort it out and send in seeds for freebies 👍

Yeah mate if you find anything nice let me know :hippy:

• Like 1

Hatching whole vial of smottie remix in a couple of weeks, surely to fuck il find something! 

• Like 8

Done royal queen seeds blue cheese recently was average nothing special 

• Like 3

I have been doing a nice blue cheese from Barney's for a few years now. It's different from the pheno pictured earlier on the thread and also doesn't have that proper old skool cheese smell but is a nice smoke, smell and is pretty strong. Yields some lovely buds... I used to have a cut of the original big buhhda stinky one and I did try the re-release with no luck and a couple of horrible plants with them. I have a smottie remix which definitely has that old cheese smell from the 2000s and yes I only got one to germinate out of 5 seeds. This phenotype of the smottie seems stinkier on its second run. 

Edited by lennyd79
  • Like 5

I only tried Dinafem BC i think ,it had to much flave for me after smoking it for a while.

• Like 1

ahhh blue cheeese, a perenial favourite of mine.

buddhas used to be good about 20 yr ago, but most of thier later strains were below average, and dinafems was pretty good, Barneys used to be ok too, and the smottie remix , even altho i had major issues germing them, when you got a bc leaning pheno, it was very nice.

i miss the old buddha cut tho, but think its long gone

• Like 4