Negative pressure ?

The Duke

I have a room that by my calculations is 132 cubic feet 

I'm using a rvk 125e2 5" fan and filter on fan controller with 6 metres of ducting 

Can some one do the maths for me on the size of intake holes needed and how many holes would work .

I keep getting temp spikes and the one out of four turning hemmie last week of flower ! 

Il add I'm using 2x San lights Q6w gen 2s (245w) 

Thanks in advance ☺️ 

Is the fan controller thermostatic or does it just set the speed and stick to that? Might be worth considering a thermostatic one possibly. I can't really work out how big your intake should be, most people just use the flaps on their tents but it's not easy to have a very big intake as you need to make it lightproof, sometimes it's just easier to use an intake fan (smaller than your outtake). What sort of temp spikes are you getting?

Nice lights btw, I'd love a pair of those but they're some good money aren't they :ohmygod:

• Like 1

Fan controller is thermostatic and I have 4 sunlights but only use 2 I have used 3 over winter months 

I just can't get to grips with em going to seed in last 2 weeks of flower it's a bit of a ball ache looking in when fully grown for bannas with it being a small room  

I've black drainpipe for intake too th3 room split off into 3x 80mm holes flow is plenty but I'm questioning it's not enough 

Temps with 2 lights on hovers around 27c and drops down to about 17 to 18 lights off .

Tried loads of different cuts and started feom seed and they all do same ! 

No light leak either 

Posted (edited)

I've had Temps to 31c with 3 lights running but always dim the middle one 

Would 3x 80mm holes for intake be enough air flow for the 5" fan or would adding another help ?

Edited by The Duke

My grow sits in the 30s, no probs 

It’s your lights off temps that could do with  being increased, 17c is a bit on the low side.

• Like 1

@The Duke

Do you have any appliances (circ fans, dehumidifier, heat tubes/mats) that have a light on them? 

Also as mentioned the night time temps need to be 20c or more. I doubt this has caused the herm issues though. 

Is the plant that herms always in the same position in your room? 

What are the dimensions of your room? 

:yinyang:

Some plants do throw balls near the end of flower to try and reproduce, like a last attempt at survival. I wouldn’t  expect this to happen on every grow unless you are flowering too long?? 

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 3

Maybe try changing your timer, someone on here had the idea of plugging a radio into a contactor to see if any of the segments are sticking. 

4 hours ago, The Duke said:

I keep getting temp spikes and the one out of four turning hemmie last week of flower ! 

3 hours ago, The Duke said:

I just can't get to grips with em going to seed in last 2 weeks of flower

Which is it? Have they turned hermie or have they gone to seed? 

• Like 3

Gone to seed pal full of seed all 4 plants everytime only notice last 2 weeks of flower  driving me insane . 

No light leak what so ever in room when lights out 

Tried 3 different cuttings 

Tried 5 lots of seeds (feminised) not autos or regulars 

Tried different timers still doing same :(

it's either airflow or something wrong with leds its gotta be ? 

I've washed room down everytime all equipment just cant fathom it out ! 

gonna try 4 in 30ltr pots this time round and change lights !

do you think maylar on walls could be causing problems with room being small ? ( 8ftx4ftx7ft ) 

41 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Tried 3 different cuttings 

Tried 5 lots of seeds (feminised)

What varieties are they? 

The fact they are fully seeded means you have missed the male parts at some point as it takes about 5 weeks for seeds to mature. 

Airflow won’t herm a plant that consistently and the leds shouldn’t cause a herm either unless the timings are fucked up for lights on/off. 

• Like 4

Maybe its  a light on a power strip etc  like the red led on powerstrips or it could just be genetics 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 2

Starwdawg

Garlic juice

Jack's

Forbidden fruit

Sour diesel 

Lemon haze 

Amnesia haze

Blues

All went to seed I've not put nothing back in room since 2nd week of December I've used alcohol wipes on everything in room there's defo no light leak checked every appliance for red lights there's nothing I can find wrong with room 

Checked lights are off when they should be off replaced timers .. not a clue :(

Does anyone else have access to the space that may be going in at lights off? 

It’s the only thing I can think of now tbh 

Talk us through your typical grow from veg to flower. Maybe someone can pinpoint something? 

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 3

Passive intake should be 3 to 5 times the size of the outtake fan.

Your lights off temps are far too low and the gap between high and low is too wide.

27c is fine for lights on so it should be no lower than 22c lights off, 5 degrees difference max.

Not sure if any of this is to blame but I doubt it...someone will have the answer...:yep:

• Like 1

Going on recent experience i would say the lights off temps are the cause.

My logic my last grow i chopped a plant i flowered in my veg cab so because it was drying i shut all heat down to that side of my cab.

But i still had 2 girls flowering in the other side where temps dipped to 17/18c and i didn't notice.

Within a week i had nannas appear luckily though was only a couple and 2 late to pollinate.

• Like 2