Best Strimmer/ Chainsaw for clearing Brambles

GuerillaOG

The best strimmer in the game is a Stihl FS560 without doubt hands down , if you want to do large plots and successful decent size grows (an who doesn’t) only have to look at what the long term successful guerrilla growers are using , the growers that show an grow annually, not the ones that talk a good game , Talk is cheap 560’s cut plots .. 

Click below for strimmer action , pictures speak a thousand words , but video’s tell you who’s walking the walk and not chatting absolute shite ..  😃

Edited by panik
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 21/03/2024 at 14:21, inaction man said:

Otherwise all good thanks.

Glad to hear it. 

How you doing? Still making cider & bteeding plants plus other assorted mischief?

Little bit of life turbulence but future is looking bright, and yes still up to the above, keeps me happy 😀

You got a website going yet?

Nah, waiting till that could be a job for someone, I have zero interest in managing sales side, my passion is in the breeding.  

Sell a couple bits through the store here though, just about to send in some stock of the new improved Fuckwarp, with some interesting freebies.   

that time of year and my wallet is also bulging😃

Somehow I knew you saying that might summon a green-eyed monster lol  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 3

@Amarillo slim Glad alls well for you, bromance with panik still in full swing + turbulence + lashings of cider and cooking up lotsa beans👍👍

new fuckwarps sound interesting. I always forget there’s a shop here. 

apologies to O.P for nattering so back to the original subject… a good scythe is well worth a try, fairly quiet but you do look a bit odd moving it about. A job i save for after dark, stash it then retrieve and use in daytime

• Like 4

15 hours ago, inaction man said:

but you do look a bit odd moving it about.

Just don a black hooded cloak,  and if anyone looks at you suspiciously, point at them and say “your time is coming” …

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, inaction man said:

@Amarillo slim Glad alls well for you, bromance with panik still in full swing + turbulence + lashings of cider and cooking up lotsa beans👍👍

new fuckwarps sound interesting. I always forget there’s a shop here. 

apologies to O.P for nattering so back to the original subject… a good scythe is well worth a try, fairly quiet but you do look a bit odd moving it about. A job i save for after dark, stash it then retrieve and use in daytime

Can't do a bramble patch with a scythe mate, I tried it, had a big double handed one, useless for brambles but ok'ish for nettles. large.Screenshot_20201113_173503.jpg.bc570b8f735f5e5058d089c6d3573470.jpglarge.Screenshot_20201031_092817.jpg.286fa14df9a574f4292f1860efb0f0a7.jpg

• Like 5

You mush have girl arms @Ch@ppers🤣

Admittedly i prefer it for bracken, sadly I don’t get those big luscious nettle beds down my way but i can assure you it’ll slay brambles nicely. Not the really dense thick stemmed stuff but the clumps that grow in the brackeny areas get taken down with ease.

@Amarillo slimNo words need be spoken when carrying scythe wearing a hooded cloak after dark, Just a bit of limp wristed pointing tells the public all they need to know🫥

• Like 1

8 hours ago, inaction man said:

You mush have girl arms @Ch@ppers🤣

Admittedly i prefer it for bracken, sadly I don’t get those big luscious nettle beds down my way but i can assure you it’ll slay brambles nicely. Not the really dense thick stemmed stuff but the clumps that grow in the brackeny areas get taken down with ease.

@Amarillo slimNo words need be spoken when carrying scythe wearing a hooded cloak after dark, Just a bit of limp wristed pointing tells the public all they need to know🫥

I just know what works for brambles, and what doesn't, all brambles, not just "Brackeny area clumps" lol

FS410c is cheaper (loads of ex rentals about) but still scary enough for the big stuff. Not discreet though best to go in full tango. 

Edited by Bog Hopper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/03/2024 at 12:34, panik said:

The best strimmer in the game is a Stihl FS560 without doubt hands down , if you want to do large plots and successful decent size grows (an who doesn’t) only have to look at what the long term successful guerrilla growers are using , the growers that show an grow annually, not the ones that talk a good game , Talk is cheap 560’s cut plots .. 

Click below for strimmer action , pictures speak a thousand words , but video’s tell you who’s walking the walk and not chatting absolute shite ..  😃

Cant see the vid. Is that the one with circular saw or normal one? @panik

I actually need it for my garden and i dont want to buy twice,need to clean up

2 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

Cant see the vid. Is that the one with circular saw or normal one? @panik

I actually need it for my garden and i dont want to buy twice,need to clean up

garden as I’m back garden at home ? 

might be a bit to robust for that you can get away with much less for grass in garden etc 

the FS560c is for commercial heavy use , you can cut trees down with the circular saw blade in it like a chop saw side ways lol 

• Like 2

Ye at home i figured i can forward vid to mrs so i saw it in action,nice work in general, think those cheap models wont do :unsure: This saw looks like the bizz,ill look a bit more tho

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to use strimmer line then buy some of the heavy duty square or star shaped (Stihl) line, the round stuff is ok for grass and soft things but brambles can be hard and woody but what ever you do don't use it around decking or ornamental fencing (wooden) at home as it will cut right into soft wood particularly if damp. But I don't know how well it will work on cordless gear, they are for heavy duty straight shaft strimmer's / brush cutters.

Also be careful of Cow Parsley / Hog Weed plants (the hexagonal hollow stemmed tall plants with large splayed white flower head) as it has Alien Acid Blood that creates nasty blisters and burns that mark the skin for months so cover up (in reality you should Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit). A face guard is a must as shit flies everywhere stones and bits of wood zip around and hurt like hell if you don't have protection. The plastic visors are ok but steam up and you sweat like f**k, the mesh ones allow ventilation in. If it's hot when you are doing strimming then a heavy duty T shirt and tubigrip on the arms keep the nasty stuff away, but a tight snood type thing round the neck keeps it from going on your skin, don't forget decent gloves, and for god sake no shorts.

I have a different blade than 'Choppers' mine is an 8 or 10 (can't remember now without looking) circular saw blade and it will take down small bushes up to half an inch in diameter, the other good thing about it is there is not much plant splatter as it just drops nettles brambles and Alien plants without blasting it all over you.  

You can get a long handled billhook which works well, but you can get another type that is a long flat square blade which is sort of J shaped at the end, Farmers Stores sell things like that but you can get them on line or advertised in Gardening papers. A mattock is also excellent for breaking roots, grass and hard ground up.

As for cordless I always had my doubts, but the other half bout me a little Stihl hand held cordless chain saw (they are expensive) but it is brilliant for stuff up to 2 to 3 inch think, but the batteries are only small and run out quick it's not that powerful but instead of kicking back which it would if it had more grunt and that would be very dangerous  it stops so you don't force it.  But bang for buck you can't beat a bowsaw but buy a Sandvik or other quality blade but try not to lose the blade cover as they are sharp as f**k.

• Like 3