Best Strimmer/ Chainsaw for clearing Brambles

GuerillaOG

@KC, not just then, quite a few murders committed using billhooks, especially in Ireland and India. 

Anyway, bloody handy for clearing woody stems out of the way, just try not to hit yourself or anyone else!

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

I had one thrown at me when I was doing youth work lol. I miss working with agi teenagers. 

• WOW 1

Shears are worth a mention, if they're sharp they can be highly effective.

• Like 1

Battery operated hedgetrimmer. Start at the top and whittle it down. At the end you'll have a layer of manageable chops that you can rake away. Don't do it in big bits to get the job done quicker. It's like handling barb wire. Not a good idea to do it with a corded trimmer as the lead will get in the way in tangled brush situation. For strimmers you'd need one that can carry 4mm+ cord and they are very loud... you'll use full power on brambles.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

Makita do a 36v brushcutter (with blade) which gets through brambles ok.  

Obviously not as good as a high power petrol strimmer…  Which isn’t as good as a JCB ..  It’s all about what’s needed / practical for specific situations.

One I’ve got splits in two so can fit in a bag and doesn’t make huge amount of noise.  

- MAKITA DUX60Z 18V LI-ION LXT BRUSHLESS CORDLESS

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 3

I just use a hand saw and go fucking mental can clear a good 5 x 5 meter area in about 30 mins , gets the anger out the soul aswell

Edited by Skit Rat
  • Like 5

I think the ultimate in tune with nature, smarter not harder would be to recruit some ‘guerrilla goats’…  Heard them onto plot anywhere from a couple days to months (depending or area and vegetation) before plant out, then move them on and plant into the meticulously cleared (and fertilised) ground.  

Make & sell goats cheese to buy your chicken wire and it’s pretty much a self sustaining system. 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I’d look into a brush cutting head not a strimmer line type. As for chainsaws with brambles I hope there’s no kickback lol 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

I think the ultimate in tune with nature, smarter not harder would be to recruit some ‘guerrilla goats’…  Heard them onto plot anywhere from a couple days to months (depending or area and vegetation) before plant out, then move them on and plant into the meticulously cleared (and fertilised) ground.  

Make & sell goats cheese to buy your chicken wire and it’s pretty much a self sustaining system. 

Have to agree

We keep goats here, for that very reason, to clean/clear, brambles, nettles ect ect from our fields, 

Cheaper, and easier than mechanery, and better for the environment than weedkiller 

• Like 3

they can be a pain to get hold of these days (bloody yoofs chopping each other up!) but for speed and ninja fun you can’t beat a nice sharp 3-4ft sword for slaying brambles, blackthorn & gorse etc.

the little cordless chainsaws are great for small to medium plots. I’ve got a milwaukee m12 which is really light & compact and will chop up surprisingly large trees one one battery.

• Like 3

@inaction man haha I can visualise someone in a full coat of arms yielding a armageddons blade in a pocket of stingers brambles and gorse.

• Like 3

@Skit Ratjust thick leather welding gauntlets & matching thong for me. Oh and a mask to stay safe 😷

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, inaction man said:

& matching thong for me

Those welding thongs are brilliant..   Just enough to stop your todger from tanning.  

Hope you’re doing well.    

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@Amarillo slim Agreed, a well dong when wel-ding is of paramount importance.

I’m currently out of action due to some fucking awful lurgy my lad bought back from up country a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise all good thanks.

How you doing? Still making cider & bteeding plants plus other assorted mischief? You got a website going yet? Its that time of year and my wallet is also bulging😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 1