Found seeds in my bud

5Lip

The thing is with bubblehash or the theory anyway is the terpenes get washed away in the water. I don't think it's totally true as when I've made hash from single strains it does actually taste like them. If you pass the resin glands through a metal sieve, (I push mine through with the back of a tablespoon) they dry in 2 days usually. I wouldn't have thought the fridge would provide much improvement. Might be worth a go though.

1 hour ago, KC said:

The thing is with bubblehash or the theory anyway is the terpenes get washed away in the water. I don't think it's totally true as when I've made hash from single strains it does actually taste like them. If you pass the resin glands through a metal sieve, (I push mine through with the back of a tablespoon) they dry in 2 days usually. I wouldn't have thought the fridge would provide much improvement. Might be worth a go though.

I think it’s just the water soluble ones, most are not I believe. 

Ive been using a microplane lately just starting to get the hang of it. I’ve found I have to be very disciplined in doing it bit by bit and sticking it back in freezer as soon as it starts to warm up!
For drying I put the flat pizza type boxes lined with parchment in the coldest room in my house and just leave for 7 days. 
Id set up a cold drying tent in the garage but my dehumidifier doesn’t really do anything below a certain temperature. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KC said:

If you pass the resin glands through a metal sieve, (I push mine through with the back of a tablespoon) they dry in 2 days usually

So, if I’ve got the process correct (which I definitely won’t have!)….after the product has been through the bags (2/3 times) the resin goes in the freezer (to firm up?) then sieved using back of a spoon to produce a fine crumb like product….then left to dry for a few days Before pressing/ rolling into a ball (which I need to learn more about)

@5Lip

Yes a little stainless steel wire brush is essential to clear the blocked apertures of the sieve once you’ve sieved everything start sieving and just keep putting it back in the freezer to store until you sieve the last of it then use the wire brush to clear the sieve of what’s stuck in the mesh at the end. Keep everything frozen doing little at a time then put it back in freezer for an hour otherwise you’ll end up in a right mess and losses will be huge. 

Oh and don’t throw the leftovers use them for cannabutter! 

• Like 1

I don't freeze my resin glands, I strain them through the bags then into the sieve, push through with a spoon then into a tub with kitchen paper underneath a piece of paper.

When you ring the bubblebags out, grab the end bit with kitchen towel to get most of the water out. You do end up using quite a bit of kitchen roll but it's worth it imo.

On 29/02/2024 at 13:50, KC said:

@5Lip Believe it or not there was a time when all buds had seeds in them, it's perfectly fine to smoke you just have to make sure there are no seeds in your spliff, they taste nasty because of the oils in them. You'll know if you smoke one, they sometimes pop but they always taste shit.

Shit! @KCyou're showing your age there. it also used to look much like this:

large.IMG_0664.jpeg.1dc833c4cedc2c3f8688beb555e68653.jpeg

• Like 2

So as I now have a lifetime supply of feminised Stardawg seeds I decided to germinate 3 and to my surprise all three have sprouted. I’ve got no space to run them but seriously can I grow these instead of buying the fems? Can they be sent in for subbies? I have quite a lot 

• Like 1

Subbies probably not, but maybe Freebies with Subbie purchases.

The Godfather Freebies were from hermi plant iirc, they was fems and when I grew one it didn't herm on my 👍

Edited by Military Grade

11 hours ago, 5Lip said:

So as I now have a lifetime supply of feminised Stardawg seeds 

What Stardawg is it? Is that what hermied on you?

Edited by mr rhino

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mr rhino said:

What Stardawg is it? Is that what hermied on you?

I bought them from  mainly because I was specifically after Stawdawg and it was the only one (in the uk) I could find 

I’m confident it was a (big) mistake in part and not genetics

Edited by Cursed
remove non-affiliate link
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’ve also decided to run the three ‘hermie” seeds that I germinated in the “tent in the room” just to see how they progress against a new run (same batch of Stawdawg fems I originally bought)

Edited by 5Lip
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 5Lip said:

I bought them from / mainly because I was specifically after Stawdawg and it was the only one (in the uk) I could find 

Ah i see @Bad Apple did have acouple of Stardawg crosses in the subbies but they all gone now, im running some at the moment and 1pheno.looks to be very Stardawg leaning in the smell and look.

Ask him nicely and he might send some more in👍

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 1

Maybe I missed it, But did anyone ask what the seeded flower was from?

I saw where you said photos, but I didn't see any mention of fems vs regs. 

nope.  ok.  So Stardawg Fems?   Look at the lineage.  That's a Topdawg line. It's a bunch of Chem d worked differently, more or less.  

So you're starting out with a bag seed  strain (Chemdog D)  that's known to have erratic behavior.  I'm not aware of Topdawg releasing fem Stardawg.  Maybe they did, but I can't remember ever hearing of JJ from Topdawg doing fems. maybe I'm wrong there, but if I'm not-- you have to assume your beans either came from an intentional reversal or, more probably, from a herm pollination.  So you're potentially cracking unknown history beans of a line that is made of genetics that are widely known to be difficult to deal with and throw nanners.  

There's a real possibility that it's just the genetics doing what they are known to do. 

You can always crack bag seeds.  But be selective in your uses or at least be conscious that you're cracking herm seeds that probably came from herm seeds that come from a line that is known to herm.   

Not all that surprising, what you're seeing now, when you sort of conceptualize it that way. 

If the dope is good, it's good.  Grow it, smoke it, deal with the seeds.  I probably wouldn't use it for any breeding or crossing aspirations, though.  You've got a pretty good chance of introducing that herm trait where it may not have lived prior. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 5Lip said:

I bought them from mainly because I was specifically after Stawdawg and it was the only one (in the uk) I could find 

I appreciate your input, I’m still very new to photoperiod growing (2yrs with autos) and still very much learning BUT I have been thinking lately that I’m not enjoying the “smoking” process (skinning up behind my kids backs is becoming more difficult as they age and become more aware / the smell etc) and the thought of using hash is now quite appealing so I’m hoping I can produce some half decent stuff and possibly stop the smoking so I feel in my mind maybe this all happened for a reason.

As for growing the hermie seed I get the feeling from responses on this thread and my own research it probably won’t be worth so going to be spending the next few weeks searching out some regs from the subbies and they will be my next run

Edited by Cursed