Found seeds in my bud

5Lip

Still learning with growing photos, my first grow turned out a good product but a poor yield, now I’ve just “quick” dryed some of my latest run and found a few seeds. On closer inspection in shed I can see more seeds.

plants are starting week 9 any help or advice would be much appreciated 

Edited by 5Lip
Spelling
  • Like 1

When your run is down and yer tent is empty get inside it with the lights off inside but on outside the tent and sit there for a bit, once yer eyes adjust you'll be able to see if you have any major light leaks

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Genetics or light to close IME

Fix,get a mum and keep light few cm up.

E2a or as Bilge said major leak,usually you will notice salad alike leafs if its big leak as it reveges

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

Shed?

Low temperature possibly caused a hermaphrodite situation??

I’m meaning around 16C lights off for example.

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

Thanks for your input I think you’ve identified my problem…..I’ve got a small tent I started a new run 4 weeks ago (with the view of flipping them once this run was finished) so my guess is light leak from the tent, what a prize KN@B I am. 

I can still make some honey from the seeded stuff right? Is it smokable?

• Like 3

Be fine to smoke/ honey whatever you please. Just a little pop you'll hear when smoking. I love a bag seed my best mothers come out of cali bag seed

Edited by Phenohead11
  • Like 2

@5Lip Believe it or not there was a time when all buds had seeds in them, it's perfectly fine to smoke you just have to make sure there are no seeds in your spliff, they taste nasty because of the oils in them. You'll know if you smoke one, they sometimes pop but they always taste shit.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, KC said:

@5Lip Believe it or not there was a time when all buds had seeds in them, it's perfectly fine to smoke you just have to make sure there are no seeds in your spliff, they taste nasty because of the oils in them. You'll know if you smoke one, they sometimes pop but they always taste shit.

Yeah, the African bush, where has it gone, I used to get a fair few that I used to have.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

So I can pick some seeds out and plant them? Do they need any preparation or is it a case of pick them out and plant (or store?) them

• Like 1

A lot of people would probably bin them off , but you can get some absolute crackers sometimes. I normally grow it out if it's female take a cutting then bin the original and keep the cut and no problems after that tends to be better then original 

7 minutes ago, 5Lip said:

So I can pick some seeds out and plant them? Do they need any preparation or is it a case of pick them out and plant (or store?) them

Some believe they need a cold period to simulate winter after harvest, not sure if that's true or not, the seeds I got from a plant I didn't germinate one until about 3 years later lol

Unfortunately I just added a few photos of hermie flowers to my diary. Look out for these in future grows as they may be an indication that something is wrong with your environment. 

large.IMG_6948.jpeg.4d4c34d791ea98f6ee3ce08740ca527f.jpeg

large.IMG_6949.jpeg.03219ec8aac0b26f502f336de626dbbd.jpeg

large.IMG_6956.jpeg.fd2533c2e8566ab0a6423425a63d2407.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 5Lip said:

They might be herms or not. Probably a mix. The only way to find out is to plant them. They are basically domestic landrace.

I ran a couple of humboldt gaspack last run , fuckin things seeded everything in tent , I bubbled the lot.....Genetics play a big part as I see other people had seeds with them too but I still  grew  them like a idiot.

Edited by mr rhino
  • Like 1