Council coming to fit a new boiler, advise needed

threewisemonkeys

I had a similar situation years ago, I had to drop a crop that was pretty much finished and stuff it In the back of the van out the front for the day, cos they needed access to my groom. 

It  skunk the street out all day, all the work lads were mentioning  how much it stunk of weed in the street!

yep, I feel ya,  workmen woes are a  nightmare! 

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Make a curry using the jars from a Aldi with the dry spices in the lid, the smell lingers for about a week! Good chance they’ll be ganja users and not give two fucks. Like previous have said, unlikely your power will off for very long. All the best for the day!

12 hours ago, yan said:

I personally have ONA gel blocks on hand for this kind of thing

Only problem is that if you know, you know, if you know what I mean. As in , ona can be a bit of a giveaway.

• Like 1

When I used to have the council in before I used to use some zoflora in a mop bucket sitting in front of the door to bedroom where cupboard is . That’s worked for over twenty years I’d not zoflora some detol . Ive had to stop now as major issues with the communal pipes that need repairing , no idea when that’s happening same with the surveyor that’s slowly doing each flat lol 

Garlic is the job.

I use zoflora and Dettol if I'm expecting a guest.

Jeyes fluid is also really good for masking the smell..its not quite as good as it was years ago but is still effective and lingers for ages

Edited by Revive

*positive update*

Well they started at 8am, they have now finished installing the new boiler, electric didn’t go off at all and they didn’t need access to the radiator in the bedroom, happy days, couldn’t wait to hit my mighty… and breath…

All that anxiety and stress for nothing, I was so worried I was planing a night in the cells, panic well and truly over, and I have a new boiler.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, threewisemonkeys said:

All that anxiety and stress for nothing, I was so worried I was planing a night in the cells,

Better to be safe than sorry buddy.

Glad to hear the mare is over and you can enjoy your grow once again.

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice one @threewisemonkeys. I was following this thread and lo and behold my boiler has fukd up since. Hot water wasn't working but the heating was so was just gonna leave it til the summer to sort out (electric shower and a few kettles for dishes so would've easy managed) but the heating has given up too now and the boiler is leaking from a corroded hole at the bottom. I own the house but quick google says they'll need access to all radiators and the groom has a cupboard with pipes in connected to the boiler. Old one was 18 year old or so and the radiators are old and pipes. Got 2 tents in the groom both in flower so may just leave the repair til the summer and get another grow done before it gets red hot.

With an older boiler and set up yous reckon they'll need access to everywhere?

2 minutes ago, screrg said:

With an older boiler and set up yous reckon they'll need access to everywhere?

I thought they would need access to the rads in the bedroom but they just switched the boiler out, didn’t go in the bedroom at all, but yours may be different, all the best I know what a stress it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, threewisemonkeys said:

I thought they would need access to the rads in the bedroom but they just switched the boiler out, didn’t go in the bedroom at all, but yours may be different, all the best I know what a stress it is.

Massive chew on tbh.  I've been messed about by my housemate who had to move bedrooms into the former growroom so I had a tent in there with him for a while then had to move that one to the other room and fianlly got it all set up and this is my first run in a new settled groom that I wanted to keep as is indefinitely. I'm defo gonna have to take it all down, clean the room, stash everything, buy a fukn poster of the solar system to stick over the hole in the ceilings etc. Not gonna take any chances but will have some plants vegging in the cupboard for when the work is done then re-setup. One of those things really and least the new boiler will be in for next winter.

• Like 1