Self Contained Propogation Station

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

@Flamedodger     Thats an awesome little set up 👍    

Proper banging big ups @Flamedodgerand uk420 again for making a new invention and a new bit of cloning kit :D

tidy :guitar:

big love stig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I might make a half size one like yours @Flamedodger, 8 at a time should do me for the most part, if mates want more than 8 cuts they'll have to root them themselves lol.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

mates want more than 8 cuts they'll have to root them themselves lol.

Your kind even offering this service in this day and age 

lol

• Like 1

Here was my very cheap solution to propagation. The propagator sits on a heat mat.

large.20231108_095810.jpg.f6727c7e7a758557abd94697c4d6e4ad.jpg

The lamp is made from an old lap tray painted white that sits on top of the prop.

large.20231108_095411.jpg.3180efde753e704546918ecd98605aef.jpg

These are the two very cheap LED strips I bought, they daisy chain.

large.20240210_130856(2).jpg.2e32ceef04f10e8f65a9e9e713966389.jpg

The same lamp, resting on speakers and without the prop, being used to raise some seedlings & keep a few Mums happy. This is in my kitchen but a small vegging tent or an under-stairs cupboard could conceal this quite easy.

• Like 5

That is definitely my level of Heath Robinson, I also love the total lack of stealth lol.  I was actually thinking of just sticking some lights to the underside of my desk and sitting the prop on a wee stool underneath them. Simple and effective, my favourite combination. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If your just taking cuts and popping seeds in the heated propagator it'll be sweet but once they are out of the propagator you'll need to make sure the temps in the room are warm enough. I wasn't going to bother putting doors on my veg cabs but temps are just too low in my room and containing the heat makes a big difference.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MindSoup said:

That is definitely my level of Heath Robinson, I also love the total lack of stealth lol

Hiding in plain sight 😁

7 hours ago, Hazeytones said:

If your just taking cuts and popping seeds in the heated propagator it'll be sweet but once they are out of the propagator you'll need to make sure the temps in the room are warm enough. I wasn't going to bother putting doors on my veg cabs but temps are just too low in my room and containing the heat makes a big difference.

I have Cocooned my propagation area with wall insulation left over from some building work we had done. I also have a humidifier that runs occasionally. The temps are 18 - 20 degrees in there at the moment. Not ideal I know but ...

sod it!

If it ain't fixed you haven't broken it yet.

large.20240222_184559.jpg.bdb7a1f2630a3e92eba8f5830f14cc06.jpg

The sound system actually works, as to whether it helps the plants. I can not really quantify an accurate answer. 🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

@MindSoup google propagators with lights :) I just came up with half a dozen solutions that should suit you for less than 20 quid :)

1 Pack, Seed Starter Tray With Grow Light, Thicken Seedling Starter Trays With Humidity Domes Heightened Lids, 8 Full Spectrum Led Lamp Beads For Plants Indoor Clear,

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 1

@The Villan lol I forgot all about this. Yeah I TBH that's probably what I should be getting, had all kinds of whacky ideas about a DIY aero bubble cloner disguised to look like a normal stacking box etc etc.

TBH all my Mum's are so haggard at the moment that taking any cuts is a long way off....

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

We're waaaaay past that unfortunately, few more weeks and I think I'll put them outside somewhere, let mother nature fix them. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1