Which Light for Beginner?

SamCooked

I've only done one grow and not done a comparison with a cut so can't really give a verdict, Tubes have a wider UV spectrum, But the LED's have higher levels of two targeted spectrums. the two that really matter.

But the ones i have are really powerful and the plants will let you know very quickly if you over do it, i had to run mine at level 4 because my kits was designed for much bigger tents. They was a good price so i thought sod it and got the 4 bar kit instead of 2 lol

Edited by Military Grade
Missed a word, typing while gaming lol
  • Like 1

@Military Grade that pineapple express #2 is lovely, pretty much how my first grow goes in my head best case scenario, but that's wishful thinking 😂

Would you recommend that strain for a new grower? 

• Like 1

@SamCooked It's still drying atm mate, I don't believe i have the Pineapple tasting pheno but only time will tell with the cure 🤞

As for ease of growing it wasn't too bad, I had to run my light at 70% at 18 inches for the mid to late flower as she didn't seem to like 100%. Average strength of bloom too. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hazeytones said:

@Military Grade multiple boards positioned like that would be a winner, I was more comparing the likes of my

par+ 480 single board vs say a migro 4x4 strip light.

Par plus 480 is bomb,gives off nice heat as well.

I was looking at migro 500w but ppdf didnt add up comparing to lumatek leds at 465w or am i looking wrong?

Whats ppdf of par plus 480w anyway? I have it like a year but never checked ppdf,it gives 525g of bud that i double checked lol

• Like 1

I don't have a copy of the par+ par map and the diyled forum seems to be gone.

I just ment that the strips give better coverage,  in the sense I would have to have the par + hung higher and run more watts to get the same coverage.