led grow lights

theGODFARMER

1 hour ago, leafsta said:

Whats changed in relation to feeding and watering? Im also making a comeback so trying to get up to speed!

I was mostly talking about coco coir and beanstalk. If you're a coco grower, you'll understand. Teamed up with gravity fed water (Blumat Tropf system) I have my life back and down 5 mins garden work a month. They literally grow themselves.  :D

On 20/02/2024 at 22:36, Slippy One said:

I was mostly talking about coco coir and beanstalk. If you're a coco grower, you'll understand. Teamed up with gravity fed water (Blumat Tropf system) I have my life back and down 5 mins garden work a month. They literally grow themselves.  :D

Ive done a quick search and im already sold! Why didnt i know about this back when i had to make my own setup 😭

What is this beanstalk about? Cant remember this from when I did use coco

all this tech is very recent, including the ac infinity environment controller. My tap water is rubbish but works fine. One thing about beanstalk is they’re expensive to buy but price per pot is tiny. Another tip with beanstalk is to have some liquid feed handy in case they get hungry at the end. Everything is a learning curve, but with only tap water, I went ahead and added a Blumat gravity system. Maybe watering by hand is best for the first time. Also, these pellets don’t need to be watered to runoff, just keep the coco damp, which they love. Good luck, tag me in any comments if you need some advice on setting up. 🫡

large.IMG_2595.jpeg.80562fd3e382c9f4e386483a34f37686.jpeglarge.IMG_2594.jpeg.c70fd441ecd965b872cbc6600bfd310d.jpeglarge.IMG_2596.jpeg.9685f8416b8a68d9262473b82b33ed6d.jpeglarge.IMG_2598.jpeg.610a9be27873681607de976e68efb0b3.jpeg

From what I’ve heard, the free packs aren’t enough to do a proper grow at all. Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and buy the real packs. I can guarantee they work as advertised, free packs must be missing something. Don’t forget the cost per pot is tiny. They are magic. 🪄 

I'm half toying with the idea, I've got a 3x3 notill bed and a 90ltr pot. I was going to upgrade the 90ltr to a 2x4 bed at some stage but tempted to just keep it and maybe run a pot with the beanstalk. Does it work as well with compost as it does with coco?

Can only guarantee these results with coco but almost certain it would be ok with compost. Only problem is that compost needs to dry out for the watering cycle, coco likes to be kept damp, and almost impossible to overwater coco 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2024 at 01:25, theGODFARMER said:

hi im going to soon get back into growing. been 10 years since i last done a grow!  always used hps lights but looking into led's... do they yield as good as hps, any advice on them would be great, thamks

Compare the running costs.

Make sure LED is good quality and dimmable.

Nope, my tap water is very hard and something like 19:1 cal:mag that usually needs mg added. No mg these last 2 grows and the beanstalk pellets seem to make up for the imbalance. K Boost and Flower is perfect, and the Flower has a touch of N for the start of flowering so plants look lush and green when switched to 12/12. 

@Slippy One think im gonna give these beanstalk a whirl, im in a very soft area so will probably need some calmag but the idea of feeding with just tap water via the blumats, very much appeals to me, keeps everything clean and therefore long lasting/low maintenance

It's an ideal setup but not without its flaws. I would especially recommend plumbing in a drain either danish trays or medusas or a simple diy/silicone plug to remove the headache of a flood when a dripper getting stuck open. This has happened a few times since summer, which isn't ideal, but at least with a drain plumbed in, if the worst hasppens, you won't flood. Don't forget to water until runoff for the first few days, and once per week thereafter. I'm using one of the deep (longer carrots), and 3x regular size for each 12L pot. If you want to bypass the reservoir completely, Blumat do a water tap valve which means you'll never need to top up the reservoir, or even need to have a res at all. Obviously nobody has an outdoor Gardena tap growing indoors, but they do make Gardena adapterts for regular indoor taps, worth considering if you literally wanna do nothing after setting up each grow.. :yep: 

@Slippy One I was going to run my blumats off the mains but chickened out at the thought of a flood. I'd rather have 30-40lts on the floor than an endless running mains supply. 

@Slippy One just to double check, youre using 4 carrots in total for each 12l pot is that right? How many drippers are you using per pot? 

When you say water unti run off, is this by hand?