strong autos- is there such a thing?

badbillybob

yeah I can see there a lot of kinda fixed opinions on it but so you know why I need to grow autos, My building is prone to power cuts and the autos will cope 1-2 days with darkness with no real downside not sure the same is true for photos, also have needed to shut down entire grow for a couple of days for inspections or whatnots, never had a hermi so far and they just truck along despite the interruptions. As well like I say im on a very limited time when I can interact with the plants, If I was on photos id basically be forced to interrupt the light cycle cause my shifts are not consistant and thats not an issue with autos. They will transition to flower on their own I dont need to watch them closely to know when to swap the feed and swapping the feed is the only work I have to do so no messing with timers/timing I dont have to plan my life around my grow.

I don't buy the numbers the fuckers throw out

Back in the day it was like 12% the and it melted ye in a way that the new "high thc" strains just fuckin don't 

Most of the numbers they throw oot I call bullshit on

• Like 8

Just now, McHazy said:

I don't buy the numbers the fuckers throw out

Back in the day it was like 12% the and it melted ye in a way that the new "high thc" strains just fuckin don't 

Most of the numbers they throw oot I call bullshit on

just watch an auto grower on YT they do the tests themselves.

• Like 1

Photos are fine wi a day or two ìn the dark done it plenty for inspections and the like :yep:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

just watch an auto grower on YT they do the tests themselves.

So not exactly an unbiased test done in a lab then lol

• Like 1

Just now, McHazy said:

So not exactly an unbiased test done in a lab then lol

errr idk what you want at this point like the growers testing THC independantly to see how they did on their grow, thats as reliable as anything else unless you are gonna test yourself. If I knew an easy/cheap way to test my plants id happily post results here but my autos have defo been strong so I dont feel like id need to prove anything to anyone, people just hate on autos as a default opinion it seems but its like each to their own I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McHazy said:

Photos are fine wi a day or two ìn the dark done it plenty for inspections and the like :yep:

I wouldnt know on this one but everything I read is like a light leak or cycle interruption can cause big issues in photos but if you didnt have that experience im not sure, ive just seen that stated a lot with light leaks and interruptions to photos.

People hate on them because they're not easier to grow than a photo but they use more electric and you can't take clones if anything is worth keeping. I've smoked auto weed that seemed fine potency wise so it's not that aspect for me.

They just don't make sense!!!!!

Saying that, they've got some ruderlis genetics in so should do better in cold temps, they'd be great for me really lol

edit-photos are fine with more darkness, it's more light causes the problem.

Edited by KC
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

If I knew an easy/cheap way to test my plants

Erm :unsure: 

:skin_up:lol

E2A I give zero credit to the claimed numbers for photo periods either  :yep:

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KC said:

People hate on them because they're not easier to grow than a photo but they use more electric and you can't take clones if anything is worth keeping. I've smoked auto weed that seemed fine potency wise so it's not that aspect for me.

Saying that, they've got some ruderlis genetics in so should do better in cold temps, they'd be great for me really lol

yeah at thats exactly my issue maybe I can water at 6am only one day and11pm only another day I would never be able to water without interrupting the dark cycles so it has to be autos for me just so thats not an issue any more, could be a situation where I cant water for 2 weeks cause id have to open the tent during darkness, for me that just rules it out as an option, you will be using more elec yes but as well they are ready in 60-70 days and because its 24 hour light i can start the new plants a few weeks before the last lot gets chopped in the same tent you cant really do that with photos. I do understand photos if you look at everything are probably better but I do think as well people write of autos too quick.

• Like 1

I also start plants before others have finished as I run perpetual, but I have to have 2 tents so I suppose that negates the less electric thing :doh:

3 minutes ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

they are ready in 60-70 days

See I didn't know that, I thought they took longer. I have grown some autos, it was ages ago and I can't recall how long they took. I never noted it down as I thought they were photos (I never even thought a mixed pack would contain autos and photos)

lesson learned lol

• Like 1

I've heard a lot of good things about Night Owl, one of mephistos old breeders. Jeremy from Build A Soil has grown a few out and it's changed his perception of auto's completely.  They're very expensive but apparently well worth it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KC said:

Saying that, they've got some ruderlis genetics in so should do better in cold temps, they'd be great for me really lolto heat the tent for 12 hrs a day during bloom than he would save by doing a 10 week auto

right i should have added some more information.

hes growing autos because he grows in a shed and to grow photos, with the price of electric its going to cost him more to grow photos by a long way.

• Like 1