Lumatek 600w - 5 auto plants - 1.2m x 1.2m

Tempus Meum

Slowly increasing temps in tent over next few days to around 25°c 

Didn't wanna whack the heater on full blast and shock them as I've read this stunts their growth 👎

On 23/01/2024 at 23:46, Tempus Meum said:

Plant Magic Supreme Soil is what I'm using 

Most people who use it say it's got enough nutes in Soil for first two weeks so will mean little to no grow nutes will end up being used - just gonna try and go by the plants needs as I hear autos are light feeders anyway!

I've kept them mostly dry since. Just spraying around base of seedlings to keep them happy

These look like anything to be concerned about pal? Maybe slightly too yellow? And second one leafs a bit worse for wear..

MP7DNNp.jpegFox4syc.jpeg

Okay cool, so a conventional potting mix. In that case they won't need any feed until they've rooted out the whole pot, being auto's maybe a little bit after, so probably once flowering has started. 

In these pictures they look like they've been a bit over watered, but in your new pictures they're looking a lot better, so I think your on the right track. About the size I'd expect at after a week. 

Rad looks great, they'll really start moving now the temps are in the right place. 

27 minutes ago, Tempus Meum said:

Didn't wanna whack the heater on full blast and shock them as I've read this stunts their growth

Wouldn't worry too much about that, a sudden drop would definitely cause stress, but you can bump them up real fast without much issue. My veg cab went from 15 to 28 in about 15 minutes the other day after I finally fitted a heater, the plants looked happier almost immediately. 

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Wouldn't worry too much about that, a sudden drop would definitely cause stress, but you can bump them up real fast without much issue. My veg cab went from 15 to 28 in about 15 minutes the other day after I finally fitted a heater, the plants looked happier almost immediately. 

Screenshot-20240125-164709-AC-Infinity.j

This is what it's sitting at currently (above) with lights on. with lights off temps sitting around 23.5°c 😁

Cheers for the heads up.. now temps are dialled in I've given them their first proper feed of water (around 750ml each) + 1ml per 1l of Plant Magic Bio-Silicon

Will wait until they dry out and repeat until flowering then start a light dose of Plant Magic Oldtimer Organic Bloom 🫡

• Like 1

Much better mate, they'll be flying now for sure. FYI I have quite limited experience with autos and using liquid feeds as I grow photos in living soil, so in regards to the feeding take what I've said with a pinch of salt. Someone like @brock1 will have far more knowledge on both subjects and can offer some expert advice. 

Shame I’ve only just seen this… That oil rads going to be expensive to run. If it gets too costly get yourself an ‘ultra flat heater’. They’re brilliant, only 500w and take up no room. I have mine hanging on the back wall of the tent where the intake comes in and an oscillating fan above to evenly distribute the heat around the tent 👍

@Aphatspliff That's not how thermo dynamics work mate. A 1000 watt heater will be on for half the time a 500 watt will be so they cost exactly the same amount to run. Producing x amount of heat costs the exact same regardless of what type of electric heater you use. 

They seem to be enjoying the rise in temperature that's for sure!

10 days since sprouting and they're starting to move along now.. only had a slight dose of Bio-Silicon as mentioned above as far as nutes concerned 

20240126-205131.jpg

20240126-205121.jpg

20240126-205117.jpg20240126-205107.jpg20240126-205059.jpg

• Thanks 1

Still a bit worried about these two:

Sweet Amnesia top and Sweet Zenzation #2 bottom

Are these deficiencies, over/underwatering or potentially just genetics? Be interested to know 

20240126-205148.jpg20240126-205142.jpg

That one at the bottom does look like some sort of mutation. The one above it looks like it was over watered and has recovered. Once a leaf starts looking weird it always will, even once the plant has recovered, it's the new growth that will tell you if things are back on track. 

• Thanks 1
On 23/01/2024 at 10:23, Tempus Meum said:

Thanks for the heads up. Been struggling with temps due to the outside temperature and no heating In space tent is situated in..

I need quite a substantial raise then.. would you suggest a couple of the tube heaters? I currently have a propagation heat mat to keep root temps up a little higher 

I had the same problem bud. 

I got a plug that you can turn the fan speed up and down with. 

So by finding the right setting you can set your fan so it doesn't suck out all the heat. 

At this stage there's no smell so you don't have to worry about that. 

You could also stop the intake fan for now then your not blowing cold air into the tent. I will be getting sucked in at a rate the fan is turned down to. 

One thing I will say is keep an eye on humidity. 

It's somthing iv never paid head to but iv just put a humidifier in my tent and wow. 

What a difference mate. 

I'm no expert bud. Just some tips that have helped me. 

O the fan regulator switch does make a slight humming sound, just somthing to be aware of. 

1 hour ago, burninit said:

I had the same problem bud. 

I got a plug that you can turn the fan speed up and down with. 

So by finding the right setting you can set your fan so it doesn't suck out all the heat. 

At this stage there's no smell so you don't have to worry about that. 

You could also stop the intake fan for now then your not blowing cold air into the tent. I will be getting sucked in at a rate the fan is turned down to. 

One thing I will say is keep an eye on humidity. 

It's somthing iv never paid head to but iv just put a humidifier in my tent and wow. 

What a difference mate. 

I'm no expert bud. Just some tips that have helped me. 

O the fan regulator switch does make a slight humming sound, just somthing to be aware of. 

Interesting read, thanks for the info mate

(Edited to as forgot to mention my intake fan is currently off - ordered a 6" black orchid fan was cheap but is too noisy!)

I've got all my fans running from the AC Infinity 69 controller so can control everything from an app which is pretty handy.. 

Yeah I had the humidity pretty much how I wanted it prior to installing the heater but now it's at 45% which I know will rise during flowering etc but is currently suboptimal.. I've got a few open buckets of water in there to try and keep levels up but I could well find myself going back to the old Amazon Prime for a humidifier for these early stages.. might wait until the next run.

Not too sure yet I've already spent more than I wanted to but there's just always more to get 😅

Edited by Tempus Meum
Forgot something
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Tempus Meum said:

Interesting read, thanks for the info mate

(Edited to as forgot to mention my intake fan is currently off - ordered a 6" black orchid fan was cheap but is too noisy!)

I've got all my fans running from the AC Infinity 69 controller so can control everything from an app which is pretty handy.. 

Yeah I had the humidity pretty much how I wanted it prior to installing the heater but now it's at 45% which I know will rise during flowering etc but is currently suboptimal.. I've got a few open buckets of water in there to try and keep levels up but I could well find myself going back to the old Amazon Prime for a humidifier for these early stages.. might wait until the next run.

Not too sure yet I've already spent more than I wanted to but there's just always more to get 😅

I got a sonic air 10ltr. 

It has 4 directional tubes. 

10lts lasts 18hrs on full walk. I had it in the middle of the tent but have now blocked two pipes and have it in a corner so not tMing up much room. 

It was quite expensive well for me it was as I got it from a grow shop, but there about £80 on line. large.IMG_20240122_152234.jpg.93c9ffb49bbd7d963a33032f0fac2a2d.jpg

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, burninit said:

I got a sonic air 10ltr. 

It has 4 directional tubes. 

10lts lasts 18hrs on full walk. I had it in the middle of the tent but have now blocked two pipes and have it in a corner so not tMing up much room. 

It was quite expensive well for me it was as I got it from a grow shop, but there about £80 on line. large.IMG_20240122_152234.jpg.93c9ffb49bbd7d963a33032f0fac2a2d.jpg

Looks like it would do the job mate that's for sure! I'd need a smaller one that would probably have to be positioned I'm a corner next to one if the circulation fans as I'm using LEDs and I checked the Power Map of the lights and ideally want to be keeping everything as central as possible especially whilst I have the lights down at 25%

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Tempus Meum said:

Looks like it would do the job mate that's for sure! I'd need a smaller one that would probably have to be positioned I'm a corner next to one if the circulation fans as I'm using LEDs and I checked the Power Map of the lights and ideally want to be keeping everything as central as possible especially whilst I have the lights down at 25%

That's exact what I done now bud. It's in a corner with two pipes blanket off. 

You get the blanks worth it. 

And a fan circulating. 

It's adjustable to so if turned down you could get  lot longer tha6the 18 hrs on full.