Lumatek 600w - 5 auto plants - 1.2m x 1.2m

Tempus Meum

As title suggests

I've got 5 autos just started under a 600w lumatek zeus in 1.2m x 1.2m tent. Ac infinity 8 inch extractor fan with carbon filter (plans to upgrade tent size) with 6 inch black orchid intake fan (currently off)

I'm running 2 x Sweet Zenzation, 2 x Gorilla Girl XL and 1 x Sweet Amnesia 

All from SweetSeeds

Soaked for 24 hours then planted all late evening in the 11th Jan straight into 12l fabric pots with Plant Magic Supreme Soil and a tiny sprinkling of Old Timers Granules - started popping up on the 15th and were all up by the 16th

Lights are on 25% using dimmer and about 36" from seedlings

This is my first grow in a long time and I'm only able to get down for a short while each evening

GG1

GG#1

GG2 GG#2

SZ1 SZ#1

SZ2 SZ#2

Sweet Amnesia Sweet Am

• Like 6

Thanks man

Gonna keep this active try and get as much help as possible along the way!

Here's current Lights on and off temps, etc. Will stick to 20/4 while way through 

Screenshot-20240122-155810-AC-Infinity.jpgScreenshot-20240122-225854-AC-Infinity.jpg

You'll want to get things a fair bit warmer in there. Hard minimum temperature for me is 23°. Your roots really don't like going below 21° (slows the growth right down) and they tend to sit about 2° below ambient. Ideally I keepy roots at around 25°. 

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

You'll want to get things a fair bit warmer in there. Hard minimum temperature for me is 23°. Your roots really don't like going below 21° (slows the growth right down) and they tend to sit about 2° below ambient. Ideally I keepy roots at around 25°. 

Thanks for the heads up. Been struggling with temps due to the outside temperature and no heating In space tent is situated in..

I need quite a substantial raise then.. would you suggest a couple of the tube heaters? I currently have a propagation heat mat to keep root temps up a little higher 

Yeah you'll start having issues in the near future at those temps, especially in big old pots of soil .If you have the space I'd go for an oil rad, most powerful heater you can fit basically. Avoid high power fan heaters though, they can cook a plant in 5 seconds. 

8 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah you'll start having issues in the near future at those temps, especially in big old pots of soil .If you have the space I'd go for an oil rad, most powerful heater you can fit basically. Avoid high power fan heaters though, they can cook a plant in 5 seconds. 

Mate thanks, really appreciate this 

I've just ordered a 1.5kW Russell Hobbs oil heater. Should be perfect size to fit inside tent and will be able to run it at a lower setting than the 650w one I was looking at

I'm still feeding by mist spray bottle, would you suggest keeping it that way for a few more days until I can raise root temps? 

Thanks for help again pal

Yeah mate that'll do the job nicely, bit of redundancy is always a good shout. It won't cost any more to run than a small one as it will run for a lot less time with bigger gaps between. 

Yeah they'll only need a wee trickle here and there at the moment anyway, just make sure you let whatever you give them has had time to get up to room temperature :hippy:.

Edited by MindSoup
34 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah mate that'll do the job nicely, bit of redundancy is always a good shout. It won't cost any more to run than a small one as it will run for a lot less time with bigger gaps between. 

Yeah they'll only need a wee trickle here and there at the moment anyway, just make sure you let whatever you give them has had time to get up to room temperature :hippy:.

Yeah that was my thinking with getting the bigger one!

OK man awesome. Was gonna start to feed them with the jug tonight/tomorrow and start them on some of the Plant Magic Silicone to give them a little extra rigour but my heater arrives when they're 10 days old so most likely wait until then now!

Yeah tread nice and carefully with the watering, when you go straight into big pots it's really easy to give them too much and once you have waterlogged soil that hasn't got roots in it yet things go south pretty fast. Silicone is a good shout though, get them off to a good start. 

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah tread nice and carefully with the watering, when you go straight into big pots it's really easy to give them too much and once you have waterlogged soil that hasn't got roots in it yet things go south pretty fast. Silicone is a good shout though, get them off to a good start. 

Ah, right OK

It was advised to pre soak the Soil in order to activate everything inside the soil which I did like 36 hours before planting..  Will this have caused the soil to go bad potentially already due to excessive moisture and lack of heat? Any signs to look out for?

Sorry for the million questions by the way! Appreciate being able to pick your brain mate!

Is it like a super soil/living soil sort of thing then? If so that does kind of make sense but you don't want it sodden, at this early stage I'd be keeping it on the dry side. Probably won't need anything for a few days. 

46 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Is it like a super soil/living soil sort of thing then? If so that does kind of make sense but you don't want it sodden, at this early stage I'd be keeping it on the dry side. Probably won't need anything for a few days. 

Plant Magic Supreme Soil is what I'm using 

Most people who use it say it's got enough nutes in Soil for first two weeks so will mean little to no grow nutes will end up being used - just gonna try and go by the plants needs as I hear autos are light feeders anyway!

I've kept them mostly dry since. Just spraying around base of seedlings to keep them happy

These look like anything to be concerned about pal? Maybe slightly too yellow? And second one leafs a bit worse for wear..

MP7DNNp.jpegFox4syc.jpeg

• Like 1