Why are Brits so opposed to cannabis

Simple Jack

21 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Dunno about her relative but Theresa May has clearly got psychosis - shit, she even thought she was capable of running the country, she needs serious psychiatric help (as do the people who actually let her do it).

I only follow politics about cannabis because I'm epileptic and without it I could potentially die. So I'm a little bit invested but with the rest of the political mob. I have fully checked out of the news I'm depressed enough without all the shit and however many unelected governments we have had have not helped.

• Like 2

The whole 'skunk' thing was just propaganda anyway. The fact this author thinks it's a legitimate concern doesn't endear me to this article.

@IsoterrapineTheresa May's husband is heavily invested in legal cannabis. By that I mean GW Pharmaceuticals not the kind of legal cannabis that you and I would like. It runs way deeper than anybody's personal feelings towards cannabis use. 

• Like 1

@Shogun

As usual it all comes down to the root of all evil...💰

Can't see much changing in my lifetime and probably the rest

of us on here...Whatever the law is I'll carry on regardless.

• Like 3

This Brit here isn't opposed to it,hell I even grow my own........ " hey politician who the fuck are you,to tell me what to do" GC.

If you’ve ever heard of Professor Ethan Russo, he’s probably the worlds leading scientist regarding cannabis, he worked at GW Pharma as chief medical advisor from 2003-2014. Ironically laws were less inhibitive here than the US for rnd at that time 😳. He was the CMA when they developed Sativex and Epidoilex. It’s what made us the largest exporters of it for a while. He’s one of the good guys though, I first came across him in a Humboldt Growers Collective video 😁

15 hours ago, Boojum said:

Dunno about her relative but Theresa May has clearly got psychosis - shit, she even thought she was capable of running the country, she needs serious psychiatric help (as do the people who actually let her do it).

Don't forget that not only did she think she could run the country, she also thought she could dance! 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, fidelandche said:

Don't forget that not only did she think she could run the country, she also thought she could dance! 😂😂😂

lol I'm trying to forget but some things you just can't unsee lol

Something to scare the kids on Halloween lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think this opinion piece explains why the UK is still opposed to the use of weed

He sounds like an ex tobacco smoker who's gone all evangelical about the cons of using weed.

8. The stoner stereotype

Think that awful Afroman song or pretty much any film with weed as a theme.

The high functioning users among us really need to pipe up more. I make a point in any job I have to be vocal about the benefits of cannabis. I think of it as doing my bit.

I was talking to a surgeon a few weeks ago and he told me that a lot of his colleagues use it but no one dare talk openly about it. Ideally this needs to change but realistically, it won't happen until the taboo is gone.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, darXound said:

it won't happen until the taboo is gone.  

It won't happen until certain people can no longer line their pockets and whose lies fail to stand up...don't hold your breath as over 100 years of brainwashing bullshit takes some getting over.

• Like 6

Most brits are propagandised or brainwashed. But I believe they would be open to rational persuasion if the platform was available. 

The reality is that if you want to reduce the harm associated with the misuse of drugs then decriminalisation is the best approach based on outcomes. Most drug use does not involve negative outcomes, despite the common perception. There are estimated millions of daily cannabis users as there are coffee or alcohol users in the UK. The rates of violent behaviour associated with the use is much lower for cannabis than alcohol, yet it is still illegal. An obvious argument, said by millions for a long time.  

• Like 1

If we can get a petition to legalize it what do we want GYO, Shops, different people want different things i have spoke to many people about this and NO ONE can agree on what to campaign for if we push about how it can help STOP seizures in kids and how the tax revenue would help, I have nerve damage no cure leaving me in constant pain over the years TWO of the drugs given to me through the pain clinic have NOW been found to be dangerous, Do we march to Parliament or hit social media about the TRUTH about the benefits of it it would be nice if a few celebrities or MPs backed it but no one wants to know in case it destroys their career,      

I would add also a point 8

Brits and the relationship with tobacco.

Could be somehow related with 3 or an extension of 7, but it is something very North Europe and British.

Considering all the fights against smoking in general, and particularly the attention to the new generations.

To me there is also a great fear that open to cannabis will consequently open or increase the use of tobacco.

Or result on a contradictory political action, which won't be taken definetly from the conservative party.

Curiously I am surprised to realise the level of conservationism in this country nowadays. UK to me has always represented innovation, progress, openess and diversity. In my mind since the '80-'90 UK would have followed Holland.... While curiously very conservative and traditional culture more south and warm have already open ( some more than others) to a certain acceptance and including legalisation of it.

Personally I don't care about legalisation...will probably result in some pantomime as we saw around, and rubbish isozygous hybrids.

But I believe depenalisation discriminalisation for personal use should be already a reality

Edited by Amnesialocal
  • Like 2

I know I've said this before on the boards but surely it's re-legalisation we're after, not wanting to sound pedantic, but this seems a very relevant point to me. The shite believed by millions lapping up the tabloid's spew has them believing that cannabis was invented in the 1960's and is now 35 times stronger and has mutated into killer skunk.  In fact, cannabis is a plant that is intertwined with human history and culture and has been used for many thousands of years for food, medicine and building material.  It was banished from society to benefit the greedy few who monopolised big market sectors that cannabis held back.  A move that was bad for the people as well as bad for the environment but made a few folk very very rich. It's as simple as that.  The brain washing and negative messaging run deep individually and collectively and would probably take generations to improve even if re-legalisation were to happen.  Best I think we can do is carry on, lie low when needed, speak out when possible and remember above all else that whatever your usage reasons, you are actually doing nothing wrong at all.  Stupid laws are broken by decent people.  

• Like 6