CANCARD, anyone got one

badbillybob

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

growing?

i got hot for £330 first offence growing on a windowsill

The princely quantity of 3mg of resin.

25 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

the punishment for refusing is the same as you'd get if you provided a positive test.

Plus the added charge of failing to provide :yep:

38 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

if you get done for it you wouldn't technically get a drug charge

That is true and I have heard (anecdotally on here IIRC) of people getting banned for being over the THC limit but subsequently also the police/courts/somebody contacted the DVLA to inform them of their drug use so they could only get their license back after they provided a clean piss test (no smoking for 1 month+). So it's possible that refusing is preferable to testing positive because both will get you banned but only one will get you banned indefinitely.

20 minutes ago, Revive said:

Plus the added charge of failing to provide :yep:

No, it's one or the other. Either you get banned for being over the limit OR you get banned for failing to provide. It is impossible to get both charges for one offence.

Edited by latigid aikon

19 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

Either you get banned for being over the limit OR you get banned for failing to provide. It is impossible to get both charges for one offence.

Oh really, I was under the impression failing to provide a specimen is a criminal charge in itself and is much more serious than providing one even if its positive

11 minutes ago, Revive said:

I was under the impression failing to provide a specimen is a criminal charge in itself

It is.

11 minutes ago, Revive said:

much more serious than providing one even if its positive

Both have the same minimum 12 month ban as the most lenient sentence. I think it might get worse for multiple offences, e.g. maybe your third or fourth charge of failing to provide might have worse sentencing guidelines than your third or fourth time blowing over the limit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

Both have the same minimum 12 month ban as the most lenient sentence

Well I never :yep:

Every day is a school day here dude :)

Haven't been a drinker for many years now but when I was fuk me I used to get in all kinds of states and could never remember where my car was the next day..i left it on a golf course once right in the middle of the fairway after driving to get some powder after the pub at silly o'clock  in the morn..I think back now and cringe, what a cock lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/01/2024 at 21:33, Arthur Mix said:

Yup but it happened 

@badbillybob your north of the madness line init ? If not I can pm you people who used to do the bust cards back in the day they was good then think they still do canna stuff 

yeah, im in scotland mate.

ive applied for it anyway, see what happens if i get knocked. hopefully i wont have to test its effectiveness

• Like 1

In my opinion they are an out and out scam, and all they are doing is adding to the confusion within the police on what the actual laws are around medical cannabis.

That is the real issue and why (for better or worse) the cancard can actually help with some of the police - it's because they have been completely misinformed about the medical cannabis laws and believe the marketing.  Even the PCC were tricked into promoting them for a short time...

It's an awkward one because this confusion clearly helps people wo use cannabis medically, but don't have a prescription - but it harms those who do have prescriptions, when police so frequently insist on seeing a "scamcard" along with the prescription - and arrest people without one! 

It's frankly a ridiculous situation and whilst the major solution here is for the police to be educated on very basics of the laws around medical cannabis, banning cancard would go a long way to helping the wider community.

I mean no offense to anyone who has or has applied for a can card at all!  It's not a product I can support but there is nothing personal, each to their own :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spud1 said:

but it harms those who do have prescriptions, when police so frequently insist on seeing a "scamcard" along with the prescription - and arrest people without one! 

How often is this happening? I've never heard of it. Also who cares if I get arrested if all charges are dropped anyway? 

• Like 1

well, id sooner be with one than without, at least it proves that i have a genuine medical requirement for cannabis, and if it mitigates and charges, even better.

They got loads of people to sign up and then tried to ask for investment for a legal grow

I see them at product earth Carly I think her name is 

I'm not saying they no good or anything because I don't know 

But just pointing out they gathered lots of names charged 20 quid then done a investment sell

Spend a little more and get a prescription I have a prescription and who knows if it will save me or not 

As for driving who knows I don't drive after a vape but I may still be over limit next morning

My prescription may not save me but it gives me a little defence

3 hours ago, Brysee said:

My prescription may not save me but it gives me a little defence

Your prescription gives you a complete defence in the driving situation, provided you are not impaired and you have only been using your prescribed cannabis (i.e. not your own grow).

As a prescribed MC user, it doesn't matter what level of THC is in your blood - as long as you pass the roadside impairment test, you will win in court.  

Unlike with a cancard, where you'd still be in trouble :(

11 hours ago, MindSoup said:

How often is this happening? I've never heard of it. Also who cares if I get arrested if all charges are dropped anyway? 

There are no publicly available stats to stay afaik - only reports from MC users stopped by the police.  It's absolutely clear that a significant portion of the police on the street do not know the laws around medical cannabis, and confusing items like the CanCard, which has no legal basis whatsoever only adds to the confusion.  It's analogous to the old "proof of age" cards you could buy to show you were 18 - completely pointless as they were not official ID, but some shop keepers still accepted them. 

If you use cannabis at least partially for medical reasons - getting a prescription is much better than a cancard.  It will however cost around £50 for an appointment, and then a minimum of £5/gr for the cananbis...so a heck of a lot more expensive than a home grow :(  That said, the black cherry punch that arrived today tastes lovely and does the job ;D

Edited by Spud1
  • Like 1

So how do they determine what weed you've been smoking? Or do you mean just keep buying a bit here and there sort of thing?  

• Like 1

They prescribed me 60 g a month but I only order 10 g every month or so and vape my own

I'm not sure at all about the driving thing on a lot of prescription drugs it says don't drive if causes drowsiness so same with cannabis like I say I don't vape and drive but lucky the misses loves driving and don't vape

• Like 3

This is an interesting and informative topic. Ive just searched about this online. You can get a GP referral or pay for a private assessment. Website called Lyphe, theres a criteria list on there, i have OCD, ADHD, am on the Autism/Asperger's spectrum and suffer from depression, anxiety and stress. They are all listed as valid reasons. Im gonna ask my GP as i have to take tablets as it is. It should be my choice to try alternative medications ( to some degree anyway ).

I rekon certain activities such as driving under the influence would result in police charges but for just using bud on the streets for example, i dont think would make it to a court room. They probably wouldnt search your property either as it wouldnt be a crime if your perscribed it legally.

MistY