CANCARD, anyone got one

badbillybob

10 hours ago, badbillybob said:

home of the draconian legislation against herbs

this is why i asked, surely saying you have a card is like poking an angry bear if you were caught?

• Like 2

I think It just shows you have a need for cannabis which can't be a bad thing if you were caught and had to go to court,  you'd have a legitimate reason for having numbers of  plants on the go too..... lol

"I'm pheno hunting for  a specific strain for my medical needs guv" lol

surely can't be ignored with cannabis being touted for  lots of medical reasons these days, if you have a legitimate illness you get treated for this has to be taken into account, surely?

I haven't got one mind lol

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, badbillybob said:

Any proof of thier ineffectiveness?

i ask because a mate got busted, produced this card to the coppers, and they never even charged him.

they also seem to be able to appoint canna wise solicitors etc

Just find out who your local Release solicitor is, or equivalent. I had one in the 80's and he said, "I'll get you fifty quid" and I actually got hit for 25. It was a first offence.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, badbillybob said:

whats the madness line?

im in Scotland, home of the draconian legislation against herbs

Are they still strict up there?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Mind you proper scripts are getting a lot more affordable, I'll be getting one soon, only thing that gets you out of a swab test when you're pulled over, it's not like you have to keep buying their weed. 

Are you saying that if you have a script for cannabis they cannot swab you?

I thought they would swab you anyways and especially if you showed them a cannabis card?

It's a bit like having a belly full of opiates and benzo's in the evening and still being wobbly the next day, you shouldn't be driving and would fail the swab test.

If I am wrong I am definitely getting a script as soon as possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Lee said:

Are you saying that if you have a script for cannabis they cannot swab you?

I thought they would swab you anyways and especially if you showed them a cannabis card?

It's a bit like having a belly full of opiates and benzo's in the evening and still being wobbly the next day, you shouldn't be driving and would fail the swab test.

If I am wrong I am definitely getting a script as soon as possible.

That's what I've been told by a lot of people who have one. Not the can card a full script. They can still do you if your impaired, old school finger on the nose, alphabet  backwards etc, but a positive swap alone won't get you in any trouble. 

1 hour ago, catweazle1 said:

Badbillybob. Have a look at releasedotorg

i went to release when i got busted. they werent interested because im in scotland ond offered no help whatsoever,

so they can go lick my left one tbh. they were useless.

• Like 1

Release ain’t that bad Scottish laws different. They are good down here they used to be at festivals etc foc and help people who got nicked there. I also don’t know how a canacard would help when there has been a previous issue including POCA ? Bindmans used to be good with canna law etc they even have bits about medical laws when googled that’s who I was going to suggest but they helped release etc so prob not for you as you say they can suck a nut. 

Edited by Arthur Mix
Add
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

They can still do you if your impaired, old school finger on the nose, alphabet  backwards etc, but a positive swap alone won't get you in any trouble. 

The Road Traffic Act has not been amended to include CBMP's that contain THC, so medical users are not exempt from prosecution if they are over the limit, even if they have a script.

In a case last year the driver refused to provide a swab or blood sample (after showing the police his prescription). He was charged with refusal to provide a sample. It went to court but charges were dropped after the prosecution offered no evidence.

AFAIK the govt has done nothing to address the situation.

5 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

and I actually got hit for 25. It was a first offence.

growing?

i got hot for £330 first offence growing on a windowsill

@Simple Jack there was a thread on here a while ago, people did have different ideas but iirc correctly someone reported to it working for them. The general impression I got was that it can't hurt to have one, even if it ends up going to court it will help your defence, same reason I got the cancard, it's a score a year and some info that I already give to millions of other companies for free, so why not. Didn't know they were working with rapists though (did they know they were working with rapists?). I'm suprised you can even refuse a swab/blood test TBH, thought they'd just restrain you or something.

Pretty crazy that they'll happily give someone medically predisposed to making poor decisions (me) a big box of Super Meth and let them drive wherever they want, but if that person had a joint 5 hours ago they're deemed a danger to other road users :doh:

Edited by MindSoup

2 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

I'm suprised you can even refuse a swab/blood test TBH, thought they'd just restrain you or something.

It's the same as refusing a breath test, you can refuse but the punishment for refusing is the same as you'd get if you provided a positive test.

Oh right, so he was just lucky, I suppose in a trivial kind of way even if you get done for it you wouldn't technically get a drug charge, but anyone who sees that on a record knows exactly what it means.