Garlic Budder Hermies

DeltaMelter

Just keep them going this far along  bro.

Hard to say if pollinated with pistils this far in, I'd just get to the end best as now if it was my grow.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@HazyDaze checked them again this morning and found one on a pocorn bud which I must have missed.

It would be a shame to chop 2 plants of the 8 in there as it would cut my yield a fair bit so I have kept them in again. I turned the oscillating fans off last night though and gave the tent floor a hoover and wiped down the surfaces. Hopefully, that will have minimised the spread - 90% of the male sacks hadn't dropped pollen but at least 3 or 4 did (mostly into the soil or the floor) and it only takes one!

It does seem they don't like the light that much and don't need a lot of food, they are dark green and very well-fed looking.

I didn't even notice any nanas or anything on the florida gas pack.,  it wasn't until I harvested I noticed, buds full of seeds I bubbled the lot.

Right ... confession time. I think I found a potential light leak.

Right next to my zipper outside the tent is an inkbird - it glows bright red, I only hung it there after the stretch. My PC monitor is opposite the same spot and tends to chuck out a fair bit of white light during the daytime (nighttime for the plants) both plants are directly in line with the zipper.

I put a big length of black gorilla tape over the whole zipper top to bottom. Might be a coincidence but I think I'll be taping that zipper up in the future anyway. I also need a better tent, this one is battered now after a few years of growing.

So maybe I was too quick to slag these ladies off but I'm still gun-shy of buying more seeds. It's a shame though as even at the end of week 5 it's a very potent smoke based on some hermie buds I plucked. Oily, stinks of poop and garlic and wet paint and is fooking strong - properly medicinal. I'll chance a small run in the 3x3 one day if I don't find anything more potent.

Well crap, found a hermie on a completely different cultivar so maybe it was the cold weather that shocked them. Don't know what to think about these seeds now.

Still could be the affects from the light leak if imagine, how low have your temps been? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KC said:

Still could be the affects from the light leak if imagine, how low have your temps been? 

There were a couple of days where the temps hit 16C - roots were toasty but the air was very cold.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

roots were toasty

Thats the main thing.

I feel for you man , i was pulling nanners out of bubblegum ice-cream #5 last night :wallbash:

• Like 2

well they obviously havnt been stress tested have they. its a shame, but there is so much crap in the seed market its hard to know what to trust.

And most of these seeds and strains are hella expensive imho. for untested crapshoot.

thankfully, ive never rated GSC for breeding with, or smoking for that matter, so ive steered clear.

its right to point out the shortcomings in these strains for others, i mean light leak or not theyre fragile as a ceramic egg.

it seems that the Americans take hermies as more of an occupational hazard than something that needs ditched..

if youre looking for strength (cue shameless plug)  try some of my jack herer x black Dog crosses if theres any left in subbies, hillbilly put it in his top 4 most potent strains hes grown, and it floored me.

And 16 isnt that low, these are hardy plants that survive in the himalayas.

hope you get a decent harvest mate, and youur hermie woers are a thing of the past

• Like 4

oh and dont buy a green qube tent if youre replacing theyre shit these days. mines split in 2 corners, its been put up and taken down 3 times only and is only a few years old. and im not a total neanderthal when putting it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

well they obviously havnt been stress tested have they. its a shame, but there is so much crap in the seed market its hard to know what to trust.

And most of these seeds and strains are hella expensive imho. for untested crapshoot.

thankfully, ive never rated GSC for breeding with, or smoking for that matter, so ive steered clear.

its right to point out the shortcomings in these strains for others, i mean light leak or not theyre fragile as a ceramic egg.

it seems that the Americans take hermies as more of an occupational hazard than something that needs ditched..

if youre looking for strength (cue shameless plug)  try some of my jack herer x black Dog crosses if theres any left in subbies, hillbilly put it in his top 4 most potent strains hes grown, and it floored me.

And 16 isnt that low, these are hardy plants that survive in the himalayas.

hope you get a decent harvest mate, and youur hermie woers are a thing of the past

Stay away from hermies.... says me, whose just popped 50 notes on 5 Blueberry. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I see 16c sometimes in the loft, but as long as the roots are warm I can't see that being the problem. Looks like it's time for a new tent ££££

• WOW 1

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

never rated GSC for breeding with

I blame the gsc in the mix for the nanners i found, tried to do a deep dive to find out if forum cookies was in there in any way but gave up none the wiser.

Not found any open flowers or seeds so far though :lookaround:

Just vaped a quick dried sample and annoyingly it's very strong, flavour is a bit mad but with a cure it will be less intense. Its as if it wentinto early maturity though as all the trichomes are cloudy and she's fairly bulky already. I'll grab a pic later.

She's drinking less too so if sh doesn't do much over the next few days shes getting the chop as I can dry her in the 3x3

Here are a couple of shots, note the deep red/purple colour (OK not unknown in a cookies var but its still prominent) and the absolute frost-fucking-mountain of each flower. The leaves are going that "spongey" late flower fade and all the trichomes are already cloudy. Madness, they more like week 8 or 9 to me and not week 7 day 43 flower.

large.Garlic-Budder-Herm-Day43a.jpg.7f437b48233c964cbe8aed6f0ef8b7d1.jpglarge.Garlic-Budder-Herm-Day43b.jpg.a475e7662588766f4fc8c2ca4404c232.jpg

Now I'm no Ricky Gervais but if she doesn't develop over the week and keeps chucking nanners she's getting the chop

• Like 1