Garlic Budder Hermies

DeltaMelter

As the title says, I grew out 2 Garlic Budder and 5 weeks into flower they have both hermied.

Not stress nannas in a few top flowers but full on pollen sacks on all the lower flowers. Some of the pollen had already dropped - that's how I noticed. Really hope the pollen is inert as it will be all over the tent by now.

Removed both plants and used tweezers to remove all the balls - must have been 80 odd, it took bloody hours last night Disappointing to say the least and as its just these 2 I doubt its anything other than genetics.

The flowers are dripping in resin and they really stink - its almost unpleasant. If they develop more balls then I might have to cut my losses and chop them both, I can dry the tops in the 3x3 I'm chopping down at the weekend.

So I can't recommend these seeds - hence the post!

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 5

@Herbal Kint Even more galling is how great they looked for week 5, totally crusted with trichomes and stinking the tent out. Loud AF.

large.Garlic-Budder-Herm.jpglarge.Garlic-Budder-Herm-2.jpg

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 6

Looking at the lineage of Garlic Budder, the GSC “forum cut” appears a couple of times then it’s well locked into the line with BX4.

Cue the soundtrack to The good, the Bad and the Ugly.. :kwasny:

Hope you manage to get something smokable from it dude.

• Like 3

@Smokey McBongface I'm starting to see how a lot of these U.S lines are based on some pretty muddy waters genetics-wise. Might have to stick to Karma for a bit.

Been listening to this interesting podcast on the very subject - It's a long one (that's what she said)

Edited by DeltaMelter
typo
  • Like 3

Don’t listen to too many @DeltaMelter I’ve never heard two softer cunts in all my life …. “Back in the day …. Mendo Purps …. Headband …. Back in the day …. Mendo Purps …. Headband …. Back in the day …. Mendo Purps …. Headband ….” What a pair of boring bastards those two are. Regardless of topic. Mendo Purps, back in the day and grateful dead keep turning up

like a bad fucking penny lol 

• Like 4

The guy behind the “forum cut” has a lot to answer for :(  there has to be hundreds of hybrids out there using the same cut. A STD of sorts, a silent carrier of herm and mutant generations. Not visible in the mum or a first gen hybrid but once baked in shows dominance and breeding depression. Considering how many US hybrids lean on GSC somewhere in the lineage, it puts into perspective how epidemic the issue is.. :(

• Like 4

Seems to be a trate with that strain two of my friends grew that and had the exact same  thing with them . 

• Like 1

Forum cookies  appears in both sides of the final cross to a small degree but checking seedfinder it's forum cooks x emerald fire og x cream caramel  to make fortune cookies, then crossed to the GMO to make garlic budder.

Thats the thing with modern genetics a lot of  the time you need to pheno hunt lines  for clean plants, that's  pretty much the accepted standard these days with the scene being a cross and toss kinda game with breeders trying to stay relevant  and ahead of the game these days.

It's the way it is now, nobody in it to earn cash is gonna spend years working stuff, they'll earn fuckall doing that.

:yinyang:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

Seems to be a trate with that strain two of my friends grew that and had the exact same  thing with them . 

Aye, it was on my list because of its potency and meds value - worth posting in case some other poor bugger can avoid this in the future.

Glad it was just a 3 pack now tbh

Edited by DeltaMelter
extras
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HazyDaze said:

Forum cookies  appears in both sides of the final cross to a small degree but checking seedfinder it's forum cooks x emerald fire og x cream caramel  to make fortune cookies, then crossed to the GMO to make garlic budder.

This is all stuff I should have realised - it's really putting me off some of these trendy new lines like Zoap, Jealousy and other Rainbow Sherbert crosses. I'm having buyer's remorse on a few seed purchases of late.

Just have to decide now if I'm chopping them before they do more damage or seeing it through as they may have pollinated everything anyway - meh

Just checked at lights on and I can't see any more ballz tonight (wait, not like that!) however looking at a few of the tallest tops (nearest the oscillating fans) I can see a few brown pistils and they weren't there a few days ago.

Does that mean they are pollinated? Seems its a few tops near to the garlic budder and under the fans so it would make sense. Temps are lowish at 25C so its not burn, RH has been pretty high at 60% too.

• Like 1