Spider mites

M Pamplemousse

2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Then I got lucky 

Give it few days with of charts temps coco or compo,I made tear on my ducting while changing filter, that was enough as it was 25c outside in October,usto get them in summer grows only.

@FlamedodgerI think that idea might have legs you know, like if you had to fog something in flower that might be the lesser of evils...

Edited by MindSoup

I use SMC to protect against spidermites on my vegging plants and I find it quite effective. I wouldn't use it on a plant in flower though, it would fuck up the taste & smell of the weed. I have employed predators too during flowering with reasonable success. Since switching to Coco I have seen less pest infestations 'especially' fungus gnats, literally none.

Recently, before my current grow I emptied the 'grooms' & set off a smoke bomb. I sprayed the vegging plants with SMC before returning them to their tent. I haven't seen any spidermite damage since. I know I have the time of year on my side, but it seems to have given the spidermites a proper kick in the nuts (if they have any?)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone used hot shot no pest strips?

Also thinking about putting a 160 micron screen over the tent bug screens as the tent ones are 700 micron which isn't going to stop a mite getting in