Omega Black 720 LED anyone ?

AJA

4 hours ago, greenvigilante said:

the reason its cheaper is it doesnt come with a led driver(which would last 50k hours)

it comes with a ballast which requires to be replaced every 12 months (omega reckon)

Didnt know that mate

Is the 12 month replacement  based on it being used all year ? I dont grow all year so maybe i'll last longer than that

4 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Download the PPFD app.

This will ask about the spectrum of your lights which will allow it to make corrections from your Lux reading and then convert it to an accurate version of light available to our plants PAR.

Just spotted that’s not the Bluetooth version :( 

I did that too lol 

The rough way is just to multiply your Lux value by 0.017 to get your equivalent PPFD in umols,

but this doesn’t take into account the specific spectrum of your lights so it isn’t 100% accurate.

Atb

:yinyang:

Thanks, yea swot cat said.  Appreciate the info  :yep:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AJA said:

Didnt know that mate

Is the 12 month replacement  based on it being used all year ? I don't grow all year so maybe i'll last longer than that

You'll get a few goes out of it.

On 05/01/2024 at 11:51 PM, AJA said:

Didnt know that mate

Is the 12 month replacement  based on it being used all year ? I dont grow all year so maybe i'll last longer than that

aye prob based on a years worth of 12/12 or something like that mate

I hear ya.  They dont seem that expensive so if it goes tits up in a year, i'll just score another  :george:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2024 at 19:15, greenvigilante said:

the reason its cheaper is it doesnt come with a led driver(which would last 50k hours)

it comes with a ballast which requires to be replaced every 12 months (omega reckon)

Definitely worth it considering the ballasts are only 20-30 quid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HondaPanMan said:

Definitely worth it considering the ballasts are only 20-30 quid.

aye to be honest its prob worth it altho ah cant be arsed a ballast dying and having to replace it

ive just got a Omega Infinity 3.0 Pro 600W LED which comes with a proper driver rather than ballast. came in at £435

• Like 1

aye to be honest its prob worth it altho ah cant be arsed a ballast dying and having to replace it

ive just got a Omega Infinity 3.0 Pro 600W LED which comes with a proper driver rather than ballast. came in at £435

I was looking at that too. Also the Migrow 500w. The best bargain for a 4x4 seems to be the Grow light science "ProGrow 1800" though I can't find any in stock.

I've only ever used 600w HPS so I've no actual experience with LEDs at all.

Where did you get it for £435?

10 hours ago, HondaPanMan said:

£435?

led hydroponic have 5 left (so my search says)

• Like 1

I got the same light in 1.2x1.2x2m and i am absolutly happy with it.Most of the time it was run 600w

I do wonder why the ballasts would need replacing every 12 months, no body used to change their ballast that often when using hid did they?

The only digi I ever owned is the cdm one and I#ve had that a few years now, still works.

• Like 1