Omega Black 720 LED anyone ?

AJA

I've seen these for sale at what appears to be a bargain price, but there's precious little info on real users who have this LED grow light.  I was close to getting the Lumatek ATS 300 Pro, which by all accounts is a quality product, and then saw the Omega Black 720's for sale. Its way cheaper than the ATS 300 Pro and with double the wattage.  But quality for me is better than quantity.  Without much feedback on this particular Omega, i'm not sure to go with it

The Omega covers 1.5 mSq.  The ATS Pro 300  is 1.2 mSq i believe.

The Omega has over double the rating of 1950 µmol/s PPF and the Lumatek  816 µmol/s PPF

• Like 1

I think it'll see you through a few of years growing. Having maximum physical coverage will have the edge over the smaller ATS. I wouldn't think in terms of 'this is going to be my last last light' because LEDs are like PCs used to be... always improving.

• Like 2

Hello mate i got this light and i am absolutly happy with it i use for 1.2x1 2 tent now running on 600w the plant about 30-40 cm away from the light and on the middle have about 62k lux.I got the ballast too.

So its powerful and the plant growing nicely about 2 weeks left from flower and the buds nice solid:bong:

• Like 3

Thanks guys.

We read a lot of trash talk regarding Chinese LED grow lights, but since China is the main producer ( 85% ) of the worlds LED's, then even some of the well respected  LED grow light names are likely using Chinese LED's. Of course there are cheap Chinese LED's and quality LED's too, so i guess it depends on who builds the lights.

Mars Hydro as an example are very well known, but they use Chinese LED's, so are likely speccing quality LED's from China

But if people are happy with the Omega, then this could be one of the quality Chinese grow lights.  I was just naturally suspicious of this LED grower that has over twice the power wattage, over twice the µmol/s PPF  output, and nearly £70 cheaper than the Lumatek ATS 300 Pro

Edited by AJA

I don't think the Attis would really cover 1.2m, not well anyway. The Omega doesn't give much info about what diodes it uses but even some of the big brand names aren't using what you'd call top name diodes. For the money I think it's got to be worth a punt.

I do wonder how they know that these lights will last 50000 hours, it's not like the tech wa sout all them years ago to try it. I'm not knocking Omega here, they all have these claims. Must have a time machine or something.

• Like 4

Have pulled the plug and ordered the Omega. £259 with ballast does seem cheap, but it was in a sale, so who knows.

I'll find out by the end of Jan '24 when i start the next grow

Thanks for all replies :)

• Like 4

Get a Uni-T UT383BT Bluetooth Mini Light Meter, 20-30 quid to set the level to the growth stage.. Multiply the number by 0.017 to give you umols reading. Ask how here how to use it if you need to. A few people seem to have them now. Will save you guessing.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

AJA. Note this is not a spot meter like the dear ones. Just stick the meter in the middle underneath the light. The meter lens captures a wide angle and averages it. 

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

I hear ya. I dont even know what they are, so have no idea between spot and average types, but it does seem ike a good idea to have one.

Would make adjustments real easy

• Like 1

On 30/12/2023 at 6:29 PM, catweazle1 said:

Get a Uni-T UT383BT Bluetooth Mini Light Meter, 20-30 quid to set the level to the growth stage.. Multiply the number by 0.017 to give you umols reading. Ask how here how to use it if you need to. A few people seem to have them now. Will save you guessing.

I bagged one of these cat.  Nice looking bit of kit, but why do i need to convert to uMols ?  Will whatever the meter reading is not tell me enough ?

Cheers

large.65982d1c5ddb3_unit.jpg

On 30/12/2023 at 3:59 PM, AJA said:

I've seen these for sale at what appears to be a bargain price, but there's precious little info on real users who have this LED grow light.  I was close to getting the Lumatek ATS 300 Pro, which by all accounts is a quality product, and then saw the Omega Black 720's for sale. Its way cheaper than the ATS 300 Pro and with double the wattage.  But quality for me is better than quantity.  Without much feedback on this particular Omega, i'm not sure to go with it

The Omega covers 1.5 mSq.  The ATS Pro 300  is 1.2 mSq i believe.

The Omega has over double the rating of 1950 µmol/s PPF and the Lumatek  816 µmol/s PPF

the reason its cheaper is it doesnt come with a led driver(which would last 50k hours)

it comes with a ballast which requires to be replaced every 12 months (omega reckon)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJA said:

Will whatever the meter reading is not tell me enough ?

Download the PPFD app.

This will ask about the spectrum of your lights which will allow it to make corrections from your Lux reading and then convert it to an accurate version of light available to our plants PAR.

Just spotted that’s not the Bluetooth version :( 

I did that too lol 

The rough way is just to multiply your Lux value by 0.017 to get your equivalent PPFD in umols,

but this doesn’t take into account the specific spectrum of your lights so it isn’t 100% accurate.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1