M10 x The Purest Indica

Cajafiesta

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Hawaii was a popular destination for US soldiers on leave during the Vietnam War, I believe they brought a lot of weed with them along with the seeds.

That’s certainly plausible as a part of it. I’m sure there’s a long timeline of seed making it there. We’ve (the us) have had a presence for a long time. I’d suspect it goes back farther than that, ultimately. I’ve heard whaling ships brought it in the 1800s. Who knows. It could have came from anywhere probably. Hawaii is more or less equidistant from Mexico, se Asia, Japan, China Korea etc 

Oh yeah it definitely goes back a lot a further, but it played a big part in the proliferation and had a big impact on a genetics growing there. It was all in a documentary I was watching a little while ago, but fuck if I can find it lol. It was either about the war, or the history of cannabis, or both, or maybe it was about Hawaii, I can't remember. 

• Like 1

Alright, I'm back with more photos and progress.

To call this plant impressive, to me, would be an understatement. 

I ain't never seen no shit like this before.  I certainly haven't seen all the dope plants, but I've seen a couple. This plant is so vigorous that I dare call it flat out violent.

Photos below are of measurements to show size and structure.  These photos are a 1 gallon pot.   It's more wide than it is tall, and it has super tight node spacing.

large.IMG_1209.jpg

large.IMG_1208.jpg

large.IMG_1207.jpg

The next three photos show the root ball.  This root ball was developed over the course of 7.5-8 days.   EIGHT FUCKING DAYS Y'ALL!  That's blowing my mind.   It was potted from a 3/4 gallon to a 1 gallon on 12-29-23.  Photos of the root ball are today 1-6-24.  I've never seen anything like this.  

large.IMG_1210.jpg

large.IMG_1211.jpg

large.IMG_1212.jpg

I've taken a cutting off the bottom of the plant and put it in a peat puck using the ( I think I got it from @ratdog?) clear plastic cup with sealed, domed lid method. 

I'm hoping it's a female, but I won't be at all bothered if it's a male.  This is for certain one to keep around for breeding, regardless of the sex.  If it breeds true to how it acts here, this thing is gonna be hyper useful, I think.

I've named this plant/pheno/whatever "Little Animal."

Incredible. The most BLD/Indica plant I've ever had in the tents.

• Like 4

good to see you have your environment sorted mate, the plant's roots says it all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

environment sorted

took me a while to get there, but everything is certainly looking better than it ever has.  Still have some Cal issues to sort out, but they're much less severe than in times past, and I suspect some Micronized gypsum is gonna handle the cal problem. 

But this particular plant, even with the environment looking up, is a total standout.  leaps and bounds above everything else in vigor, and everything else is looking quite good. 

This thing is a freak. 

• Like 1

@Cajafiesta I had a plant that looked like that back in the mid 90s the guy I got the cut from said it was Red Skunk we called it hacky sack the stuff would choke you down 

• Like 1

@bfehillbilly I bet it would. I’m hoping this one or the other (less impressive) one I have will be a female. They’re bound to be grade A dumbass weed. “Beavis and Butthead” weed, I call it. 

If this “little animal” is a male, you can bet your ass it’s getting used in the pollen chucking program!

• Like 1

On 02/01/2024 at 10:32 PM, Cajafiesta said:

It’s been a cutting for a couple years now. So, technically, I suppose I veg it for years lol 

I’ve never really paid attention to yield. It’s not spectacular, but it makes “nug” sized buds.   I’ve found it to be fairly picky with respect to nutrients. Mine chews through the calcium 

Smaller buds give higher trichome density. Would you rather have 1000 trichomes over a leaf area 1inch or 2 inches area?  Trichome density and plant mass are two distinctly different genetic pathways that don't necessarily correlate. Bigger buds just mean more plant matter, but you have to use proportionately more for the same experience. For me, less plant mass is stronger thc. Think about how many times people have said what a fantastic stone they get off a plant that yields little? I prefer to focus on trichome density and health of those.

Edited by catweazle1

7 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

Smaller buds give higher trichome density.

Do you have a source for this info? I'm not disagreeing, but doesn't seem right with me. Are you claiming smaller buds within the same plant are stronger or are we talking about varieties with traditioally smaller buds?

Not looking for a Sunday fight, this is a genuine question, as I've never heard this.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

Smaller buds give higher trichome density

just spitballing here…

I would think this only holds true in a scenario where a plant creates a finite, and non-variable number of resin heads. In a sense where “this plants genetic makeup produces 1 million trichomes, flat, no variability.” In that sense, I’d agree. Smaller buds would be better due to concentration of resin heads-per-area. 

but I gotta believe that  overall resin head quantity is HIGHLY variable based on plant state, health, light, wind, rain, magnetic north, who won the fifa championship last time, petrol price, ozone density, baked bean caloric content and, perhaps, even total record sales of The Beatles. 

I agree that I would prefer trichome dense, small flowers over plant-matter-dense and trichome-poor large flowers. 

but I’m nearly positive there isn’t a flat, linear correlation to flower size and trichome density. Way too many environmental factors that, I gotta believe, influence that strongly. 

maybe I’m misunderstanding though. 

please leta not turn this into a Sunday shit show, though, folks. 

im just trying to show y’all uk lads a gnarly ass BLD plant I found over here in the land of belly bacon and guns. 

:yep:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, monkeypig said:

Do you have a source for this info? I'm not disagreeing, but doesn't seem right with me. Are you claiming smaller buds within the same plant are stronger or are we talking about varieties with traditioally smaller buds?

Not looking for a Sunday fight, this is a genuine question, as I've never heard this.

No, my observations are my own and I'm not asserting it as fact. Time will tell if it's blx. 

• 4 weeks later...

I figured I’d try posting from my phone since the forum update took place. Apparently it works now?  Never could figure it out before. So that’s pretty sick. 

let’s see if I can post photos, too. 

M10 x Purest Indica “Little Animal.” 

26 days flower. Sorta slow to start, but I think that’s cause I potted it up from a 1 to a 3 gal and flipped the light on the same day. Anyhow, it’s back to being vigorous as hell now. I really like this structure. It’s a big ass plant, to be as short as it is. I think it’s gonna make a bunch of weed spears.  Resin production is looking acceptable so far. I’m hoping that really ramps up. 

large.IMG_1520.jpeg.b6582a8ee3f564a2fbda85d9a6b99560.jpeg

large.IMG_1521.jpeg.61fb00bed5ad5b861ccf076e6f863932.jpeg

large.IMG_1522.jpeg.cce76ffcd5d213204266f3b433533d2a.jpeg

• Like 8