M10 x The Purest Indica

Cajafiesta

Right, so...

I've been attempting to grow this line for several months now.  Been derailed once or twice. Got broad mites, killed everything and started over, had water issues...yadda yadda yadda

Anyhyow, I wanted to stop in and post a couple photos of this, because it's REALLY caught my attention.

this is a cross from AKBeanBrains in the US.   M10 (SSSC Afghani 1) crossed to The Purest Indica ( mother of the Northern Lights line, sourced directly from Seattle Greg).

You could sort of conceptualize this as a backwards NL1, if you really wanted to.  

The vigor here is rocking my world.  Photos below

Root ball from an 8oz pot as of Dec 21 2023

large.IMG_1033.jpg

potted into a 3/4 gallon pot Dec 21 2023

large.IMG_1035.jpg

3/4 Gal root ball as of dec 29 2023

large.IMG_1139.jpg

potted into 1 gal dec 29 2023

large.IMG_1140.jpg

In 8 days this fucker turned a solid 8oz root ball into a solid 3/4 gallon root ball.  I'm thoroughly impressed.

I've never seen a plant, in person, that is this "afghan" in structure.  It's 2x as wide as it is tall and this one ( and the other I have at the moment) are gnarly vigorous. 

I discussed this line pretty extensively with AKBB and his takeaway was that the Purest dominated the cross.  I agree with that and, it would appear, the name is appropriate.

Most "indica" looking plant I've ever stood in front of in person. 

Very excited to see how these turn out.

Figured some of the BLD lovers on here would dig seeing it!

Take care!

• Like 14

@lildaveham almost guaranteed massive fan leaves. I have this growing next to some plants that I got seed of labeled as “Hindu Kush.” 

if the Hindu Kush I have is Afghani (and it certainly looks the part of one) then this m10 x purest is fuckin’ SUPER afghani! 

• Like 5

Looks a beauty be following this progress with this lady . My kind of plant coming along nicely good root structure hope she produces nicely for you caja 

• Like 1

Sounds amazing dude, I have been lusting over a nice bushy indica with that proper old school high for a few weeks now as I've not got any hard hitters in the jars and I'm getting fed up of plants touching my lights lol. Is there a UK supplier for AKs beans or do I have to go direct to him? 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

I always the Afghan to confusing because a lot of Afghans are sativa  in structure. My favourite most indica plant were old bubblegum. A old bubble gum x NL1 would be a nice indica. It will be interesting to see how much stretch you get once you flip to flowering with these. :hippy:

• Like 2

My first 'proper' grow was afghani 1, the leaves were  huge, never had anything  as broad as those ghani leaves  since.

Good luck :yinyang:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Is there a UK supplier for AKs beans

Not that I'm aware of, but it's probably worth emailing him and asking.  Or, if you're gonna go through the trouble of emailing him, you can always just order direct from him.  He ships all over the world, I'm nearly positive. He's a pretty accommodating dude, in my experience.    

If you want reliable, consistent, "easy button" Indica, get some of his NL1 or this M10 x Purest.  Or Williams Wonder...Or....

Just talk to him lol 

He's Mr. Old Indica.  He's probably got it, if you want it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, brock1 said:

confusing because a lot of Afghans are sativa

Agreed.  It's sort of fascinating.  I wish I understood the "why" behind the plants expressing as both variants. 

I'm certainly not Uber informed, but I'm not aware of any other origin-location for cannabis where the "natural" ( or local, or landrace, or whatever the fuck you wanna call it) cannabis genetic stock expresses as BLD and NLD. 

You don't pop seeds from Thailand or Vietnam or East Africa that express as NLD and BLD from the same seed stock.   How/why did the Afghans end up that way?

What I'd be really curious about is the effect variance between the NLD and BLD plants.  Are the NLD plants still very "down" and stoney, or do they have effects that are commonly agreed to be "NLD?"  

Fascinating shit, really.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HazyDaze said:

My first 'proper' grow was afghani 1

I've never ran Afghani1 or M10.   I would speculate that the M10 is, perhaps, a better line, but I can't say that for sure. 

There are quite a few M10 crosses floating around small circles in the US, and I *think* they're all using the same stock that's original SSSC stock.

Even a couple filial generations down the line, made by different hands, it seems like these M10 crosses I'm seeing are face melters, no matter what.   I think that speaks to the original SSSC selections, I suppose.  It's almost like it's harder to make them suck than it is to keep them good through the inevitable filial continuations. 

I'm jacked about this line, though.  I think, conceptually, it may be a really good start to working up a "all in one" afghani.   

I have recently made some NL1 x Deep Chunk, and I'm considering crossing that NL1xDC to this M10xPurest.   I think it would be neat to take all these worked-down lines and cross them to each other and see what happens.  It may have some potential for a "afghani swiss army knife," perhaps.  

Would be neat to have a line that was sort of a " man, just get these beans if you're looking for general broad leaf badassery.  Everything good is already in there.  Just open the line up and whatever you need will be there."  

But that's a future project.   I've collecting a bunch of respectable broad leaf lines at the moment, so we'll see what becomes of that.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brock1 said:

old bubble gum x NL1

I did something in a similar spirit to this. 

I've kept a "bubblegum mix pack" plant from FDM for two years now.  It's pretty hybrid in structure with a slight sativa leaning shape.  It's a little "viney."   Pretty hybrid-style effects.  Smells awesome.  Sometimes it's like a mix of bubblegum and artificial grape.  Sometimes its sorta like blueberry poptarts.  There's always this faint background of vomit whiffs that go in and out.   I call that plant BGX1 "bubblegum cross #1."

I pollinated BGX1 with a decent Deep Chunk male.   

Havent grown any out yet, and cant send any to friends to test as the pollination made less than 100 beans.  So I'll have to get to it when I get to it.   But it may be cool!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cajafiesta said:

Just talk to him lol 

Yeah I'll have to drop him a line at some point, from what I've heard from you he's got what I want and is the sort of guy I'd like to give my money to. 

• Like 1