Star Wars order

stummer

14 minutes ago, Boojum said:

I met someone a while back who claimed that Mad Max Fury Road was better then the originals.

We didn't get on lol

Have you seen the trailer for the prequel Furiosa? It looks ridiculously heavy on the CGI. Comes out later this year. I liked Fury Road, not so sure about Furiosa. 

What really fucks me off about Star Wars is the way the 'writers' have treated Yoda.

When the audience is first introduced to him, he intentionally plays the imbecile by talking in fractured syntax and behaving like an irritating weirdo. Why? So he can gauge how patient and passive Luke is, with the intention of teaching him the ways of the force. 

Once Yoda has revealed himself to be the Jedi Master Luke is looking for, he stops clowning around and talking in fractured sentences, so we see the real Yoda training Luke and talking like a normal person.

Then in RoTJ we see a dying, wise old Yoda deliver some valuable exposition to Luke without talking like a cunt. 

Then George 'I like salad' Lucas takes up writing and makes Yoda talk like a fucking retard in all of the prequel movies. Why? Because kids said they thought Yoda was funny. 

Lucas then sold the franchise to 'white slavers'.

The writers at Disney, if you can even call them that because it's quite clear they lack any imagination, original ideas and are creatively bankrupt so they've carried on with this Yoda must talk in fractured sentences bullshit because 1) They don't understand the character and 2) They don't understand Star Wars. 

• Like 1

I saw the first Star Wars film at the cinema when it came out. I was about ten back then and thought it was amazing. Call me weird but I have to admit it didn't become a lifelong obsession nor did I even see any of the subsequent films. When I see people going on about them I'm left with the impression I did the right thing in just sticking with the magic of that first childhood viewing. I don't really give a shit what supposedly happened after (or before) the Death Star was destroyed. Just as I have no interest in how Rick got to Casablana or what Victor and Ilsa got up to after they left Casablanca or how Brodie killed a bigger, meaner shark or what Chief Bromden did after his escape etc. Sometimes less really is more.

Edited by Bram Toker

The prequel stories should never have been told and certainly not in the way they were. Nobody wanted what GL produced, watch the Mr Plinkett review of the Phantom Menace, it sums up the shitfest perfectly. 

Obi Wan 'he was the best star pilot in the galaxy, and a good friend' 

Reality - He was an argumentative two-faced brat, the only piloting we saw was when he was a kid 'lets try spinning, that's a good trick' and the beginning of RoTS where his piloting skills equated to him saying 'open all hatches, extend all flaps and drag fins.. Before crashing into a planet.' lol      

Plus he murdered a load of people including Jedi and kids, force choked his Mrs and tried to kill Obi Wan. 

He was a good friend. lol  

If you still have any doubt that George 'I like salad' Lucas is a useless cunt of a writer.. 

A New Hope - Obi Wan 'For over a thousand generations, the Jedi were the guardians of peace and justice in the old republic'.

Attack of the Clones - Palpatine 'I will not let this republic, which has stood for 1,000 years, be split in two'. 

The prequels were just shockingly bad, I was expecting some proper reason for him turning to the dark side, all we got was that he was a petulant little shit lol

And the 'romance' with whatserface, Natalie Portman, was so cringeworthy that when I went to see it in the cinema, whichever of the prequels that was (I think that may actually have been the last time I went to a cinema), the entire auditorium erupted in laughter (which was the most enjoyable thing about the whole movie). Didn't help that the pretty boy they got to play him looked about 12 and couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Jar Jar fucking Binks.

Nuff said.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

A New Hope won the 1977 Academy Award for best visual effects, unfortunately no cunt can see them unless they watch a VHS or Laserdisc version produced before George 'I like salad' Lucas went full-retard and 'digitally enhanced', or in layman's terms, pasted a load of CGI shite over the original work.  

What a cunt. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Saddam said:

A New Hope won the 1977 Academy Award for best visual effects

Back then there was no such thing as "A New Hope". It was plain old Star Wars. The problem for the franchise is the original film was an American re-boot set in space of Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress. George Lucas subsequently pretends Star Wars was part of an original epic saga he had always envisaged (rather than just  successfully ripping off Kurosawa's 1958 film).

• Like 1

My favourite part is when they say, "beam me up Scotty".

Edited by crazy-sheep
  • Like 1

I like it when there flying round in the starship enterprise 

• Like 2