Star Wars order

stummer

It's a tragedy that everyone knows Star Wars (if they haven't seen it they've heard of it), but very few people know Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress, from which George Lucas stole most of his ideas:sadwalk:

• Like 1

I am still struggling to see how people think it's good. I mean as a child I like the teddy bear thing's and robots so that made it kinda cool at the time. Now the Ewok teddy and robots are not even cool. Although I do still like Storm trooper's kinda I guess. The films though I have gotta be honest I would much rather watch Gardeners world or old episodes of top gear if I am honest.

• Like 1

George Lucas is a cunt. A New Hope was a fucking disaster, Lucas filmed hundreds of hours of footage and didn't have a clue how to put it together, only to be rescued by the editors. 

If it wasn't for the talent, hard work, and high standards of workmanship put in by everyone else involved then A New Hope would never have been the film we know today. 

The best film of the original trilogy is ESB, which incidentally is the film in which Lucas had the least input, creatively or  in production.

His bloated ego wouldn't allow him to release any control in episodes 1, 2, and 3 which is why those films suck so hard. 

It was written by a talentless, lazy cunt of a writer who wrote one fucking draft and because he owned the company he green-lit an incoherent mess of a story, then he set about directing it all by himself, not as a means to expand the world-building or lore but as a means to sell toys to kids.

Some of us waited 17 years for new Star Wars content and what we received was pure unadulterated shite from a greedy cunt who looks more like Jabba by the month. 

Edited by Saddam

42 minutes ago, Saddam said:

The best film of the original trilogy is ESB, which incidentally is the film in which Lucas had the least input, creatively or  in production.

Me and a friend used to regularly try and think of film sequels that you’d consider better than the first film. We could never think of many but this was one that we always agreed on. 

*waits patiently for someone to

mention terminator 2 being better than terminator so I can explain in great painful detail why they’re wrong lol*

30 minutes ago, Cursed said:

Me and a friend used to regularly try and think of film sequels that you’d consider better than the first film.

Sergio Leone's "dollars trilogy" improved with each successive film.

The dollars films aren't sequels though, they're just 3 westerns starring Clint Eastwood, who plays a different character in each film. 

I'd say both Mad Max/Mad Max 2 and Alien/Aliens are a matter of taste, I can see why people like the sequels better (I'm a big fan of both) but I prefer the first ones in both cases, they're very different films to the sequels (Alien is pure 'haunted house in space' horror while Aliens is an action movie, Mad Max 2 is more of an action spectacle kinda movie than Mad Max, which was more a kinda revenge thriller road movie).

30 minutes ago, Saddam said:

The dollars films aren't sequels

Hence the inverted commas for "dollars trilogy". It's probably more in keeping with Leone's wishes to call them follow-ups rather than sequels but the distinction is somewhat moot. Eastwood basically plays an identical character in each film even if he has a different nickname in each one.

I met someone a while back who claimed that Mad Max Fury Road was better then the originals.

We didn't get on lol

• Haha 1

*Better than 

I'm not even sure how the fuck people are confusing then and than but I'm seeing this fuckwittery on the increase, mostly from divvy cunt YouTubers, mostly.