Star Wars order

stummer

Never watched one fully tbh, or if I did I was a kid and can’t remember it. Got that Disney app though n fancy giving it a watch. From what I understand some of the newer films tell the story of before the older films. So what’s the best order to watch it all? Is it gonna seem weird and dated to watch an old movie after watching something filmed at a later date. 

• Like 1

Have they got the proper ones on there too? as in 4,5 and 6 (the ones from the late 70's early 80's) I'd do it in the order they were made tbh, well not all of them as the newer ones are total shiite. The old ones aren't that great tbf lol

I don't know why but I love the merchandise, I don't know how many t shirts I've got that are Star Wars themed.

• Like 1

Just now, the lone deranger said:

Scroll down in the star wars section and it puts them in order for you..

Google will also tell you

Yeah know Google would tell me. Just wondered if everyone was of the opinion it's the best way to watch em. Wasn't sure if it'll seem funny going back to old movies after watching more recent ones. Not in terms of the story but just how it'll look. Fuck it though I'll give it a watch in order.

• Like 1

The machete order is the best imho.

4. New hope

5. empire strikes back

1. phantom menace (optional)

2. Clone wars 

3. revenge of the sith

6. return of the Jedi 

preserves cool reveals from the originals. Jumps to tell the story of darth vader after reveals. Returns to the story after finding out key darth events. Can’t remember the names of the new ones as they’ve only been about for a bit. 1 is optional as it’s shit and adds very little to the story and can effectively be skipped and the story as a whole still makes sense.

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Cursed said:

1. phantom menace (optional)

that was the biggest pile of shite ever, my mate was getting films on dial up att, we waited more than a day for that steaming turd

we were so desperate to watch it we convinced ours selves it was worth the wait, until we watched it a second time

• Like 6

Watch the first 3 that were made (episodes 4, 5 and 6) and then skip all the others cos they were shite, especially episodes 1-3.

• Like 3

Never watched any of them, I was 10 when the first one came out, can remember the hype for it everywhere, not sure why but if something is massively overhyped I tend to ignore it  lol
Same reason I never watched ET

• Like 5

In my 43 years on Earth I've never watched a Star Wars movie....nor ever felt the want to. That said, I do know what a light sabre is and that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers father, so I'm not completely ignorant lol  I've probably watched about 70% of IMDB's top 250 rated all time great movies but for some reason Star Wars never made my shortlist and prolly never will. I hope that doesn't answer your question lol

Edited by i11
  • Like 1

Personally I'd watch them the way Disney recommends but I'd miss out the animated stuff, unless you really want to see it. 

Don't give up with the first 3 movies, they aren't as good as the rest but still worth watching.

Rogue One is my favourite Star Wars movie and I've been a fan since I saw A New Hope back in the day.

I actually prefer Star Trek but I love both.

• Like 1

lol I won’t lie I didn’t even make it past the first one. Sorta wanted to watch em as heard the hype about em. Odd clips I’ve seen when other have watched it it looked good. Thought I wouldn’t mind actually being able to watch that n know what’s happening. Ended up giving up and watching the revenant. Must be turning into my old man because all I kept doing is thinking about how great it’s filmed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Rogue One is my favourite Star Wars movie

the only one worth watching after the first three

• Like 1