6/2 Light cycle

NotGoingGoa

2 hours ago, NotGoingGoa said:

Surprised you’ve not come across this

I must admit I'm not one for complicating things, I know what works for me and I've stuck to it. Took me a while before I'd even consider an led but I'm sure glad I did. 

I've only ever grown autos by accident, they were in a pack of indoor mix, I wondered why the were flowering then it dawned on me, the company do autos too :doh:

• Like 2

I’m incredibly cynical anyway,

so I’m usually looking under the bonnet at New’(reinventing the wheel) methods :)  

Nowhere in that article does it mention Autos/autoflowers.

A blog post doesn’t really count as a reliable source to me.

This is like the very definition of ‘Bro Science’ :yep:

It mentions making life easier for cooling systems as a reason to use this method.

Who uses a cooling system,

it doesn’t seem to be appropriate for UK growing.

Do you have issues with heat?  

The original source(Maximum Yield) of the quote is no longer online.

If this method was successful,

I’m sure more people would be using it,

the post was from 6 years ago after all.

I look forward to seeing a grow using this method throughout,

as I do like to be proven wrong :thumsup: 

Atb

:yinyang:    

• Like 3

Oh right if this idea is 6 years old then it's definitely BS. I can say this with confidence because I'm a sad little nerd and have watched just about every bit of content that Bruce Bugbee has created and he doesn't mention it once. Something tells me the one of the worlds leading experts on indoor growing and grow lighting in particular would be talking about this quite a lot if had any merit at all. He's even talked about how you can grow with no lights at all by providing the metabolites made by photosynthesis to the plants through their roots (or whatever). 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, NotGoingGoa said:

Kinda fucked my brain up a bit all in all, and I thought “ fuck it man, this just seems to make so much sense

come on dude, explain the process

On 14/12/2023 at 8:25 PM, MindSoup said:

No links are naughty lol. I think you can if you can remove some data from them or something I dunno. 

Some news sites advice I've seen before suggest 10% of an article is acceptable to quote them with a link.

Edited by catweazle1
13 hours ago, ratdog said:

can you explain why it makes so much sense?

if it made that much sense, then surely it would be all over the net?

This excellent point is one of a few I have pondered, usually in the bath as ever, since stumbling across this, and concluded “fuck it! Why not? Nothing to lose other than a few grams of ganja at the very worst” and by looks of larger Cinderella Jack, 2 or 3 here or there won’t  plunge me into a state of chronic despair and or frustration!! 
Peace, Luv, Nuff Sed 

I suppose it is possible that a messed up genetic like an automatic could work with a messed up light schedule like 6/2 and it actually works, but the chances of that happening are actually so low I can likely bend down and crap on them.

In the real world, I documented a micro grow on here not too long ago where I tried to provide inputs for as many known plant signals as I could easily do.
One of the signals I didn't attempt to replicate was the one that puts plants to sleep and wakes them up. This is part of the phytochrome system and is directly related to the ratio between Pr and Pfr, or far red and infrared.

When there is no more light in the sky but there is still residual heat (IR) then the plant knows it's time to sleep and conversely, when the ratio of far red increases over residual heat (IR) due to sunrise then the plant will wake up.

Turning an artificial light off basically doesn't send any signal at all to a plant, so they kind of just nod off 30 mins later due to not detecting either Pr or Pfr.

When the schedule revolves around getting 2 hours of sleep every 6 hours but the plant is only actually getting 90 mins of kip due to no phytochrome signal, well it's probably fair to say the schedule is not going to perform as it's meant to.

From my perspective, the best this schedule could do is to provide 18 / 4.5 / 1.5 where the 1.5 is wasted time.

Of course under artificial light this 30 minute wait to switch to sleep mode affects us all, but with a single dark period every 24 hours we minimize the loss to a single 30 minute period.

And did anyone notice that the site hosting the article is actively selling a 750w burple light? 
Ho Ho Ho.

By all means OP, ignore every educated opinion you sought. It's you that will be smoking that gear for the next 3 months.

• Like 3