6/2 Light cycle

NotGoingGoa

Don't break your head around it give them 20h of light at least.

You can grow say 100 in 1L pots and hit them on 12/12 from day 1 and hope they fill the space,would save leccy but costs 100 seeds lol  tho even in that scenario I would give them first 10 days 24h light.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Why would you?

Atb

:yinyang:

Just read an article that made very convincing argument vis à vis plants doing better not getting 18-20 hours of intense light at a time. I’ve been on 20/4 for past 10.5 weeks and yes they’re doing fine but reckon I’ll give this a whirl. Got about 1.5 - 2 weeks left for the Blueberry and Orange Bud and maybe about 4 for the pair of Cinderella Jacks and have changed timers accordingly today. I wait with anticipation, think it’ll be by time CindyJacks are done that’ll we’ll see if any diff. Deffo going to put the next 2 (Northern Dragon Fuel) in this from the off. Saves 60 hours of ‘leccy a month if nothing else which equates to roughly 180 hours/7.5 days per auto grow. Being from Caledonia, that aspect appeals greatly :)  

I shall keep all posted on this one. 
Peace, Luv, Nuff Sed

• Like 1

Sounds like eminent sense to me:

Benefits of a 6/2 Light Schedule:

There is a lot of research that suggests cannabis plants can only process a certain amount of light per day. After that level has been reached, the plant can no longer absorb light and any additional light is essentially wasted.

By breaking the light cycle into multiple six-hour periods, the plant can rest and process the light it has received. When the lights come back on two hours later, the plant will be ready to process additional light, allowing you to get the most plant growth out of every minute your lights are on.

At a biological level, cannabis’s inability to grow more once it has received a certain amount of light can be attributed to the way the plant processes carbon dioxide (CO2). A majority of the mass accumulated in cannabis is associated with the amount of CO2 found inside plant cells.

While under light, cannabis tries to prevent CO2 from leaving its cells by cutting off transpiration. However, this prevents new CO2 from entering the cell, blocking new growth. When the lights are turned off and no photosynthesis is occurring, the plant can absorb new CO2 into its cells.

Additionally, when plants are exposed to 18 straight hours of intense light, they become stressed. Signs of stress, including droopy or curled leaves, will usually appear toward the end of the light cycle. While some stress can be beneficial to plant growth, too much stress can cause harm to your plants and prevent them from reaching maximum growth potential.

Giving plants six hours of intense light at a time not only puts less stress on the plants, it also spreads out the load on your cooling system over a longer period. The cooling system works the hardest when lights are on.

By turning off the lights for two hours at a time throughout the day, your cooling system will get a break between light cycles, allowing the room to be cooled to desired temperatures before the lights come back on. With a properly sized cooling system, this benefit will be minimized as the system will be designed to handle the heat load throughout the entire light cycle.

Edited by NotGoingGoa
  • Like 1
Just now, NotGoingGoa said:

While under light, cannabis tries to prevent CO2 from leaving its cells by cutting off transpiration

Got a reference for this?

Atb

:yinyang:

1 hour ago, Herbal Kint said:

Don't break your head around it give them 20h of light at least.

You can grow say 100 in 1L pots and hit them on 12/12 from day 1 and hope they fill the space,would save leccy but costs 100 seeds lol  tho even in that scenario I would give them first 10 days 24h light.

Nice one man! I’m too old (66) to have my head broken by much these days :) I’m just gonna see. Have a read at the above, it’s intersting. 

This sounds like bullshit to me if I'm totally honest. Auto's might not care but I doubt a photo would like it much, what do you do when you flip to flower? 4/4 lol

• Like 1