London pound cake, Guava Gelato

Amnesialocal

Just now, Slippy One said:

most strains will be boof meh by 2025.

They already are lol

None of which is breeding for potency

tasty, none potent strains = big money. Its not an accident imo.

• Like 5

Strong weed lasts longer and weed being tasty makes you want to smoke more of it, it's a no brainer from a sales standpoint I guess. 

• Like 4

Just now, MindSoup said:

Strong weed lasts longer and weed being tasty makes you want to smoke more of it, it's a no brainer from a sales standpoint I guess. 

But as we grow into actual adults, realize all that candy isn't hitting the spot anymore. 

Even Arjan with his interesting global landraces etc. All he did was bring out the blandest seeds. Maybe something was lost in the artificial lights and feminisation. 

If the OP wants a recommendation for decent potency and stable genetics, look for Canadian companies like House of the Great Gardener etc. They flew under the radar for years honing their underground craft. I've bred with Canadian beans and had nothing but great offspring. 

• Like 3

But as we grow into actual adults, realize all that candy isn't hitting the spot anymore. 

Some of us maybe lol, most people just like what they're told to like. You used to have to be able to think for yourself (to some extent) to smoke weed, but now all the people that would have fallen for reefer madness are falling for this bullshit :skin_up:

Subbie seeds for the win..what's not to love I ask you?

10+ seeds for £25 that goes towards keeping the uk420 lights on.

Breed with love from folk you can talk to, no lies, no sales bullshit and hype.

Diary's and pictures of them being made and grown that are real.

An array of ever changing cultivars and multiple combinations of different hybrids constantly being created

FUK ME I could go on and on..

I grow weed for the effect not for what it's called or what the latest trend is, I couldn't give a cunt if it doesn't even have a name tbh sure the flavour and smells are a big thing too but it's getting ridiculous, if I wanted the taste of strawberry and ice cream ill smoke a joint and have a strawberry ice cream lol

Each to there own I guess but that's my 2p

I quite like my weed to taste like weed and just how I remember it many years ago.

The canna world has gone mad if ask me and not for the better..I often wonder if I'm buying a bag of seeds or a pack of lies and watered down genetics, sad times :yinyang:

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Revive said:

I couldn't give a cunt

Quite if the day right there lol. I'm right here with you man, effects effects effects, it's nice if the buds got a decent flavour, but if it doesn't get me there it's just a tasty waste of time. 

• Like 3

Just now, MindSoup said:

if it doesn't get me there it's just a tasty waste of time. 

Exactly that brother mindsoup :yep:

Half the shite these so called top breeders push out the door doesn't even match the terp or flavour profile that's hyped up in there descriptions and I think that just adds to the disappointment of it all.

All this elite this elite that its all a matter of preference imo each to there own I guess dude :yinyang:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Slippy One said:

I did ‘The New’ a few years back. Utter shite, short good looking flowers with little or no buzz at all. Boof weed that looks nice. Spent £60 on 3 seeds. I wouldn’t touch anything by Sherbinski again. 

Can I ask what strains you find good? 

The feedback I got from tokers who tried The New that I grew was all good and no one came back saying it had little or no buzz.

Another thing...Humboldt released The New on his behalf and they wouldn't put their name on it if it was shite.

10 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Humboldt released The New on his behalf and they wouldn't put their name on it if it was shite.

Yeah, coz big corporate seed maker social media collabs aren't interested in hype for profits or giving their seeds dessert names when NONE of them smell or taste like desserts! Where's the strains we wanna grow? Where's our Nasty Parmesan or Boot Polish seeds? We love those freaky eucalyptol terps, fuck the cake BS! 

Fkn snake oil for the cool kids and we all fall for it..   lol

Honestly, seeds and phenos are a crap shoot at best. I've had success with a few Dinafem (pre bust), and House of the Great Gardener strains. But the science behind potency etc is complex beyond my understanding. I've had great plants make average babies so something is lost in the seed making process. Possibly why clones are in demand where they're legal. When you find something special, it's great to share. :yep:

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 3

Many thanks all for the comments, very much appreciated.

I won't lie to say that I am every day more confused and lost regarding strains, but this is another topic.

The strains discussed here have been "street" strains ( or at least what I have been told) tried. 

Is stardawg the new cheese? Those are siblings I tried around.

They looks great, very dense, the aroma is distintive and the smoke "aromatic", but always I found there was something missing ( stardawg a bit less and still a hot and wet strain to me).

They are clearly cleaver commercial strains...hybrid for the day smoke...you are high but not too much. You want more and more. 

But I can't find the "soul" of the high, the door, the path that bring you somewhere....

They are hybrid ( if they actually are) a bit insipid....but i am sure they are commercially ready in 8 weeks and high yielding.

I really appreciate all the work you are doing in this community.

Personally I don't believe you are aware of the importance of your work and particularly of the level of it.

Subbies are definitely where to look at in the future.

Space, time, cycle, all a selection of little numbers in an see of possibilities and a massive curiosity.

Thanks all

A

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ratdog said:

You feeling confident to run a diary here yet?

would be good to see ;)

Here’s a 1 post diary: 

stopped growing outdoors so decided to try my hand at some Skywalker Haze from Dutch Passion. Kept as a mum all summer so decided it was time to let her rip. I mean she’s a haze right?! Fucking sativa meaning hybrid of excellent heritage right? Bought 3 seeds, only 2 germinated, and the sickly one was erased due to being poorly. So 1 remained from 3 beans, which turned into not only a low stretch, but no stretch plant. I’ve had shorties that needed another pot upside down to keep up but never seen a no stretcher. Most information on the web is for their ‘Auto’ Skywalker Haze or the Reserva Priveda ones.  

just now:

large.IMG_2849.jpeglarge.IMG_2848.jpeg

last month: this is where I usually flip, as the last Blue Cheese really exploded at 12/12

large.IMG_2567.jpeglarge.IMG_2594.jpeg
large.IMG_2595.jpeglarge.IMG_2596.jpeg

as you can see, top haze genes from top breeders are no guarantee of successful yields OR potency. 

@ratdogI hope you liked my little 1 post diary. If you liked it, please leave a like and subscribe, I post all kinds of rants and prefer sharing tips, making edibles/skinbalm/hash and debating genetics. :guitar: 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Subbies are definitely where to look at in the future.

Spot on, and why this is a great community.

I don't live in the U.K. so don't make or take subbies due to the risk of things not getting through customs, I also don't order from U.K. seed banks anymore after a couple of orders didn't make it.

Subbies are a great way of sharing great genetics for a token price.

@Slippery one 

Yeah, coz big corporate seed maker social media collabs aren't interested in hype for profits or giving their seeds dessert names when NONE of them smell or taste like desserts! Where's the strains we wanna grow? Where's our Nasty Parmesan or Boot Polish seeds? We love those freaky eucalyptol terps, fuck the cake BS!

There are some great strains out there amongst all the crap, you have to find them. 

I tend to buy the expensive seeds at this time of year when you can get a lot of them at half price with freebies thrown in, then it's worth buying just to know what the hype is all about. If you don't try them you will never know.

I just checked an order I placed with Firestax on 27/12/2018 for 2 6-packs of regs from Natural Genetics, Devil Cookies(Nightmare Cookies x Mint Chocolate Chip) & Hellfire OG F2's(Rascal's OG Kush x SFV OG Kush). 

I paid €28 & €28.50(half price at the time) for them, harvested them both a couple of months back. I also took clones and made seeds so now have a tent full of top grade canna and about 600 seeds for future grows.

Both of those strains are exactly what I look for, rock hard buds covered in resin and a great high & body stone.

Natural Genetics is now charging €125 for the same 6 regs - jeez!

I wouldn't pay that without knowing what they produce but I would pay it now because I do know & I can grow both for as long as I'm around.

• Like 1

large.657817b6e83a9_HellfireOG.jpg

@Slippy One(didn't mean to call you Slippery One!!!)

This is one of those new hybrids you were ranting on about, one of those new hybrids I am constantly hunting for. 

Hellfire OG.... Rascal's OG x SFV OG Kush

Edited by Peregrine
text added
  • Like 5